Unpopular opinion time

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
It’s a kid show. We always forget that or that fact usually gets overridden with other things. Like classic good vs evil. Good guys win, bad guys lose. I supposed it gets confusing when either sides start to switch sides.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

so bland and lacking in soul.
How is it lacking in soul? The animation has so much personality:
It feels corporate.
Nothing G5 does is ever as corporate as adding new alicorns to sell toys, then never developing the alicorns.
Underdeveloped characters
The characters get plenty of development. Even the side characters get development.
Sparky
Sparky’s fine. He serves a function to the plot, and he gives Hitch a challenge to overcome.
weird plots
That’s pretty vague.
one of the worst villains in MLP ever
Opaline is a foil to Sunny. She’s a purposeful corruption of what an Alicorn is supposed to be. She thinks she deserves to rule because she belongs to a race of immortal demigods. She’s a dark mirror to MYM’s overarching themes of “Rebuilding” and “Found Family”. She sticks around long enough to get character development, instead of being defeated after two episodes and never coming up again. She has interactions with the heroes, and her power level makes her an appropriate challenge to the heroes.
She’s everything a good MLP villain should be.
Being set in the same universe as FiM for no real reason.
I’d argue that The Unity Crystals give Twilight a better ending than FiM’s series finale did. And given the premise, you might as well set the show in FiM’s future.
Background Pony #05CC
@DerpyFast
What are your negative G5 reviews?
Honestly something that irritates me is when g5 fans to defend (especially MYM) refuse to acknowledge any mistakes and they do exactly what they accuse g4 fans of doing, treat the generation as if it were perfect and reject those who criticize it (I’m not saying that it doesn’t happen but one error doesn’t justify the other)
someone who only speaks well has as much credibility as someone who only speaks badly.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Background Pony #05CC
This is how I think about the things that I watch:

There are things you can criticize G5 for. For example, the writing for early MYM lacks the same wit and self-awareness that ANG had. And while I love the extra detail in the facial expressions, a lot of the action lacks a satisfying “juice”, and can feel “floaty”. This is especially noticeable in Chapter One, and I think it also drags down the action in Chapter Six. The overarching story also needed an extra complication or two. There are some continuity hiccups between MYM and TYT.
But in my humble opinion, the worst of G5 is just sort of bland. There’s nothing as fascinatingly bad as The Mysterious Mare-do-well or A Friend in Deed. Nothing base-breaking like Alicorn Twilight, Starlight’s backstory, or The Grogar Twist. No really weird implications, like Granny Smith being hundreds of years old.
In the grand scheme of things, I think both G4 and G5 are pretty unremarkable. G5 just happens to do a bunch of things I wish G4 did.
Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
I haven’t watched that much G5, but what I have seen feels primarily targeted towards the younger viewers, rather than the whole family. Even moreso than the early seasons of FiM, frankly. Not a bad thing, just how it feels to me.
Background Pony #05CC
@DragonBoi471
sorry i wrote wrong I wanted to say “those who don’t speak badly have as much credibility as those who only speak badly”
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
As fast as it happens, Starlight’s turn in Season 5 remains my favorite. The voice acting, the dialogue, the music, the setting, it all just clicks for me. Has the right amount of gravitas
Agree. Also, what she goes through in Season 6 to show that she can stick by it but still occasionally fall back, I was down with that
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@SleepySteve
It goes both way when it comes to business. Sellers are nothing without the goods. Providers are nothing without a means to profit.
Besides, the Apples still sell their own cider.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide