MYMC05E4: Father of the Bridlewood Reaction Script (F): Misty Cannot Bond with her Dad

Background Pony #BF0E
Misty: I’m sorry! I can’t do this anymore!
(Misty runs off-stage)
Audience: Huh?
small
Rebel Activist: Oh no, not again!! MISTY! Don’t go!!!
[applause]
Unicorn Stallion: [sniffles]
Dapple: That was brilliant!
Onyx: I am overwhelmed with emotion.
Rebel Activist: Wow, these ponies really ARE easily impressionable, huh Mr Blossomforth?….
It’s no wonder you were able to keep those unicorns in-line as chief for so long…
Background Pony #BF0E
Alphabittle: What… what was it about?
Onyx: It was a commentary on the loss of identity.
Dapple: Imbued with undertones of fear about a newfound, fragile father-daughter relationship.
Rebel Activist: You can interpret ALL of that from her sustained painful groans??!!
Alphabittle: [clears throat] You, um… got all that? I see.
(Runs off to chase Misty)
Onyx: She also could’ve been saying something about umbrellas.
Dapple: Yeah. That, too.
Rebel Activist: It’s as if she was trying to shield herself from the cold depressing dark raincloud hovering over her foggy head……
small
Oh, Misty….
Background Pony #6D42
@Background Pony #BF0E
If they could hypothetically describe every waking detail of their long-forgotten relationship, I’m feeling both impressed and depressed on both counts. Miss Brightdawn just can’t retain a single peaceful moment with Mr Blossomforth, can she?
Background Pony #BF0E
@Background Pony #BF0E
If they could hypothetically describe every waking detail of their long-forgotten relationship, I’m feeling both impressed and depressed on both counts. Miss Brightdawn just can’t retain a single peaceful moment with Mr Blossomforth, can she?
small
Rebel Activist: She’s been overwhelmed with emotional scarring from her past, that she forgot what it was like to be a happy family
Background Pony #BF0E
Misty: [muffled crying]
[door creaks]
Alphabittle: I thought you might be in here. What happened? You love performing.
Misty: No! I don’t! At least, not anymore. I hate the spotlight. I hated the playground! I’m sorry, but this whole day has been a struggle.
Alphabittle: You didn’t like any of the things we did?
Misty: No, I didn’t.
Rebel Activist: Easy there! If you’re not comfortable with this kind of father-daughter activity, then we’ll go to the places YOU want to go to!
Misty: The truth is I don’t actually know what I like. Or even who I am. I haven’t really had the chance to figure it out yet.
Rebel Activist: I know who you are, Misty…..you’re our friend AND our family…..that’s the only thing that’s absolutely sure in my book…
Background Pony #BF0E
Alphabittle: Wow. Onyx and Dapple were right. I just want you to feel at home.
Misty: But I don’t feel at home. I barely know this place. I barely know myself! And you barely know me! So much time has passed. So much has happened. Whatever filly you used to love isn’t here anymore. I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.
small
Rebel Activist: …We cannot turn back time and fix what has already been lost to time, Alphabittle…perhaps we should stop focusing on trying to repair the past––and focus on building a new future for Misty….
Background Pony #BF0E
Misty: No! I don’t want to be alone anymore! That’s all I’ve ever been and ever felt! And now I have you! I somehow have you! My dad!
Alphabittle: Oh, my Misty-Wisty.
Alphabittle: You’re right. I’ve been holding on to the past. Onto the pain of losing you, which made me hard-headed. You just ask anypony in town how grumpy I’ve been all these moons. Let’s start over. My name is Alphabittle, and I am your father. Though I know nothing about you, someday when you’re ready, I want to hear all about your life and experiences and who you are now!
Misty: It’s a pleasure to re-meet.
I’m Misty. “Tee” for short!
Alphabittle: “T”? [laughs] I like that!
Misty: I do, too! I just made it up!
Rebel Activist: Oh I get it! Because Alphabittle’s favourite drink sounds like a “YES”!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide