MYMC05E6: Nightmare on Mane Street Reaction Script (A): Sheriff PA

Background Pony #A899
Hitch Trailblazer: [spookily] Nightmare Night is officially upon uuuuus… todaaaaay!
Ponies: Huh?
Hitch Trailblazer: I mean… toniiiiight!
small
Deputy Mare: Oh sweet fleas and crackpots! A moldy plate of mac n’ cheese in a diner’s dumpster has more intimidating flair than you, Sheriff! Just get to the main point already! You’re not scaring anypony!
Background Pony #A899
Hitch Trailblazer: [clears throat] It’s the spookiest night of the year, and I’ve made sure tonight’s is going to be our most exciting celebration yet!
small
Deputy Mare: Of course, when there’s a crowd, there’s chaos! And with now a greater amount of pony attendance this year due to the massive inflow of new pony citizens, as public servants of Maretime Bay, we will be upping our Operation PUCAS (Ponies Under Constant Area Surveillance) to ensure the utmost safety among the Nightmare Night participants from house invaders, mischief troublemakers, muggers, and all other sorts of devious ne’er-do-wells!
I WANT this festival to be clean crime-free celebration, so I’ll be checking EVERYpony at the party, including those on the ongoing official parolee registries!
Background Pony #A899
Hitch Trailblazer: Pipp helped me with this “inspo” board, and we got something for everypony! Trick-or-treating! Costume contests! Trick-or-treating while participating in a costume contest!
Wait, that was a typo.
small
Deputy Mare: AHEM, well then! Moving on from that, before any sweets-crazed festivities will begin, all the candies donated by our patrons will be thoroughly checked for harmful foreign objects and indicative markings of poisoning before they enter the party premises.
Moreover, we also set up checkpoints at all party venues to scan anypony carrying contraband within their festival clothing. Clear bags will only be allowed entry; anypony carrying a rucksack, backpack or any opaque bags will be asked to leave the premises.
Background Pony #A899
Hitch Trailblazer: Where was I? Oh, yes! Pumpkin patches! And my favorite! Our annual game to find the “golden pumpkin”! Huh?
Deputy Mare: Please let us remind you that any attempt to trespass into private property during the search for the golden pumpkin will be swiftly punished with a whole day in the county jail until the festivities are officially over…
Is that understood?
(Few seconds of awkward silence)
medium

📣 IS THAT UNDERSTOOD?!

Background Pony #A899
Hitch Trailblazer: [hushed] Come on, Hitch. You’re losing them.
[aloud] Did I mention the winner will win a big mystery prize?!
Earth Filly: I want a prize!
Unicorn Mare: Okay!
Sweets: Yes! Now this is what I’m talking about!
Sparky Sparkeroni: [gurgling]
small
Deputy Mare: (Whispers to Hitch) What in the hay, Sheriff!? We didn’t agree on a trophy prize! We barely have enough in the government budget to cover overhead at our station!
Background Pony #A899
Toots: Why? Is there a prize for that, too?
small
Deputy Mare: What MORE do you want from us??! You pay us your tax dollars to keep this low-budget town safe from encroaching despots and magical anomalies! Isn’t our public protection of your sorry flanks enough of an award for you ungrateful citizens of Maretime Bay??
Background Pony #A899
Hitch Trailblazer: Okay, fine. Town meeting adjourned.
Deputy Mare: BAAHH, well…I can’t say I’m surprised. We’ve been doing the same party events over and over again for the past couple years. Even if we want to change the festivities, there’s not enough in the mayor’s treasury to make this Nightmare Night less—well—predictable!
Background Pony #FE69
Hitch Trailblazer: Pipp helped me with this “inspo” board, and we got something for everypony! Trick-or-treating! Costume contests! Trick-or-treating while participating in a costume contest!
Wait, that was a typo.
small
Deputy Mare: AHEM, well then! Moving on from that, before any sweets-crazed festivities will begin, all the candies donated by our patrons will be thoroughly checked for harmful foreign objects and indicative markings of poisoning before they enter the party premises.
Moreover, we also set up checkpoints at all party venues to scan anypony carrying contraband within their festival clothing. Clear bags will only be allowed entry; anypony carrying a rucksack, backpack or any opaque bags will be asked to leave the premises.
I hope you’re gonna give the guests time to actually enjoy the party!
Background Pony #A899
Wait, that was a typo.
small
I hope you’re gonna give the guests time to actually enjoy the party!
Deputy Mare: A wise mare once said to me, “Security is an art. It cannot be rushed”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide