OC:Silvia Windmane

Sunsper
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Crazy Pervert
For some reason it really bothers me that there are just so many OCs on Derpi with name Silvia, but not all of them are the one and only Silvia Windmane.
However, oc:silvia and oc:silvia windmane are aliases.
Doesn’t feel right to me.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Sunsper
As far as I can tell there is no record of when or why the tag was aliased, and I’m not familiar enough with the OC to say which name would be more appropriate for them; for all I know, the owner themself asked for that change, in which case it wouldn’t really be my say to move their images to oc:silvia windmane instead.
It’s not really doing any harm by remaining an alias as far as I know, but for now I’ve un-aliased the tags in case another OC by the same name pops up.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dragonpone
I’m unable to find any history to that alias either, or any mention of it any of the logs I can reach.
@Sunsper
There has been some disambiguation, like oc:silvia (an-tonio), oc:silvia (gentlevixengal135), oc:silvia (enderblackings), etc. It might be possible to sort some of those tagged only oc:silvia into one of those. Maybe also add tag descriptions where the owner is clear.
I won’t have time to work on that myself, but given the number of images with that tag there might be some low hanging fruit in there.
Sunsper
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Crazy Pervert
Thank you so much for your assistance here!
I know that tag aliases can be very complicated, with thousands upon thousands of OCs in existence, but I strongly believe that this change is for the better.
Since oc:silvia windmane is now un-aliased, and quite frankly has 0 images — now I will spend some of my time and effort to change tags from oc:silvia to oc:silvia windmane where it belongs.
Sunsper
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Crazy Pervert
Phew, okay… So I guess I have largely underestimated the actual amount of images with Silvia Windmane in my head somehow, and now after all the effort there’s only about 50 images left with tag oc:silvia.
I’m personally glad that now on Derpi the Silvia is now referred to by her full name.
Sunsper
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Crazy Pervert
@Sunsper
There has been some disambiguation, like oc:silvia (an-tonio), oc:silvia (gentlevixengal135), oc:silvia (enderblackings), etc. It might be possible to sort some of those tagged only oc:silvia into one of those. Maybe also add tag descriptions where the owner is clear.
I won’t have time to work on that myself, but given the number of images with that tag there might be some low hanging fruit in there.
The owner of the Silvia Windmane, by the way, is known and well recognized, at least I think so. It is the user djhors3.
The Windy pegasus mare is in their avatar, she’s mentioned in their bio, they also uploaded a lot of images depicting this mare and also they received a badge in honor of their OC 7 years ago (the Tornado Butt badge).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide