Fanfic Writing General

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@PonyPon  
Well, it’s not exactly rewinding time.

It’s some confusing timey wimey spacey mumbo jumbo… stuff. Basically, she rewinds time to the beginning, fast forwards it and removes or alters certain entities to rewrite the very present without creating paradoxes in a universal scale. She does this to overwrite the villain’s grand plan (to reshape reality but by using an ancient power), wiping him out. The reason she won was because her orders are higher than his and thus, overwrites his reality in favor of hers.

In short, she recreates the universe.  
It was suppose to be OP as fuck as a way to show how important she was in the grand scheme of things.

Unfortunately, she didn’t think about reviving Red because she thought he was still alive back then and she could only do it once, so plot point.

Yeah, if I were to write a novel, this would be as long as Harry Potter.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
My crossover verse with Ponies and Mortasheen has the issue of never seeming to be an overarching goal. Best I could do is Twilight wanting to reach greater heights in experiments and the others just along for the loot and tech.

The story of sorts would start with getting Spike into the mix. Twilight is panicking because she doesn’t have anything impressive enough for Professor Celestia’s Show-n-Shock later in the week, and out of desperation decides to get a (gulp) live human and Frankenstein something out of the leftover parts she has lying around. She gets some young cryogenically frozen punk and gives him a tail, a flame sac, and maybe some other, less draconic traits.

And that’s only a start, not sure where to continue from that or how to get the others into it. Maybe have them spend the week before bonding, and even though Spike fails the battle test(as in gets fucking mulched) Celestia is impressed with the level of their psychic bond and gives her a passing grade anyway?
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
You know what? I’ll just go ahead and post it. So, this is my first short story that I’ve ever created. It doesn’t involve any characters from any other media and it just came to me. Please leave feedback if you can.

A TSUNDERE’S MINDSET

It was a cool, autumn breeze in the fall of 2014. I was a 17-year-old girl who was a Junior in High School and I was hanging out with my so-called boyfriend. I mean, it’s not like I wanted to hang out with him or anything. It’s just that I pitied him because he had no one else to eat with, that’s all.

Anyway, we were in a pretty intense game of chess, right? Well, after I got out of my chair to celebrate the fact that I have once and for all proven he is no better than any of the other dogs from the pound he came from, that moron decided to get up and place a kiss on my nose. Immediately after he did this, I wanted to punch him in the face. I wanted to punch him in the face with the force of a thousand subs for having the temerity to do such a tasteless display. Instead, I remained motionless. I remained so motionless that I made a cadaver look like Usain Bolt in comparison. In fact, the only thing I could do is stand there blushing profusely, with my face being redder than a tomato.

Honestly, I don’t know what’s more embarrassing: the fact that that stupid moron had the audacity to give me a kiss or the fact that in the midst of me wanting to hit him, in the midst of me thinking that this fool was no better than those dogs you find in the pound, there was secretly a part of me wishing, hoping that that idiot would give me another kiss and say for the first time that he loves me. Still, I remained motionless, with me not being able to do anything. In fact, the only thing I could muster was one simple word: baka.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
>went to Naruto fanfiction  
>decided to filter out Romance genre  
>over half of fanfics are filtered

What the fuck?
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Are there any good stories with lots of combat but still good stories overall with decent character development/interaction I can check out? For Mlp?
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Are there any good stories with lots of combat but still good stories overall with decent character development/interaction I can check out?

Have you read RWBY fanfic?

@Marx  
For Mlp?

Oh. I don’t know then.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@YetAnotherBrony  
I could try reading one o3o. Do you know a well received one with lots of combat in the chapters?  
I’d like a good idea of well made story that does do fight scenes well despite a large number of them.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
If your fanfic has more than 2 “What ifs”, then you no longer interest me.

Seriously, this is an example of an actual summary of a Naruto fic.  
What if Naruto met the Kyūbi a little earlier? What if the Bijū weren’t all that they seemed? What if Naruto’s soul held a terrible secret that no one, not even he knew? What if there were more than nine Bijū? What if Naruto didn’t want the be the Hokage? And what if he graduated from the academy early on?

The entire fucking summary is filled to the brim with “What ifs”. Like, God, this is one of the worst summaries I had ever seen. It’s just filled with so much alterations that it might as well be its own original story but with the same characters.

I am not reading this. The summary ruined it for me. How can I enjoy a good read when the starting line leaves a bad taste in my mouth?
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
With new character tags comes new ideas for a forever WIP fanfic:  
full

Sidenote here, am I the only one who noticed the URL for Starlight Glimmer’s tag is wrong? It’s using the ID of 122 instead of the name. (Incidentally, ID 150 is the Tantabus, 200 is Gabby, and 169 is Sugarcoat)
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Semi-random fanfic ideas compiled by blindly selecting tags. Let’s see if anyone can make them viable.

Idea 1:  
  1. Screwball  
  2. Featherweight  
  3. Pets  
  4. Pinkie Pie (Eqestria Girls)  
  5. Quibble Pants

6. 2nd Person  
  7. Alternate Universe  
  8. Equestria Girls  
  9. Horror  
  10. Random  
  11. Thriller

Idea 2:  
  12. Sky Stinger  
  13. Party Favor  
  14. Thunderlane  
  15. Cherry Jubilee  
  16. Yaks

17. Crossover  
  18. Thriller

Idea 3:  
  19. Cheese Sandwich  
  20. Mane 6  
  21. Anon  
  22. Principal Celestia  
  23. Filthy Rich

24. 2nd Person  
  25. Drama  
  26. Thriller

Idea 4:  
  27. Dean Cadence  
  28. Nightmare Rarity  
  29. Fleetfoot  
  30. Sweetie Belle  
  31. Parcel Post

32. Crossover  
  33. Equestria Girls  
  34. Random  
  35. Sad

Idea 5:  
  36. Ruby Pinch  
  37. Opalescence  
  38. Chancellor Puddinghead  
  39. Flurry Heart  
  40. Bulk Biceps

41. Anthro  
  42. Horror  
  43. Mystery  
  44. Sad
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide