MLP Fanart Quality Questions

Art Chat » MLP Fanart Quality Questions Search Posts
Background Pony #2903
How do you determine that a MLP fanart is high quality enough to upload here?  
I would like to upload MLP artwork here but I really can’t tell which artworks are high quality nor if it contains duckery. Can someone give a definition of high quality and duckery?
Grieffon
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
It’s too subjective to tell. Besides, depribooru is an archive, not a gallery, just get everything not violating the rules here.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Grieffon  
“High quality” is pretty darned subjective. Popular (ie: lots of upvotes) doesn’t necessarily mean it’s quality. We’re not art critics, though; we’re fans. Like @Grieffon said, unless it violates the Site Rules or is on our Do Not Post List, and is tagged appropriately, it’s good to upload here. Everyone can edit tags too, so you don’t even have to get them perfect; so long as you make the effort to tag it properly, other people will come along and add missing tags or fix incorrect ones accordingly.

Something else to remember too, is that this site has fantastic filtering features. If people don’t like your uploads, they’re free to filter them out by content.

Though if you’re curious what counts as a “duckish” upload, it’s pretty much anything that was mean’t to piss off the userbase as a whole or is just so blatantly unpleasant that not many people here could enjoy it. The vast majority of “duckery” pics (Op is a duck) are crappy photoshop jobs or screencaps containing shitty opinions, Justin Beiber, nazism, attack material, Tumblr social justice assholery, DA stamps that whine about bronies, mouthpieces that whine about bronies, or blatant pointless grimdark stuff (characters being killed or tortured with no real rhyme or reason).
Pikapetey
Daring Do Dakimakura - Attended a Derpibooru panel at a MLP convention
Quack King -
Duck - Mr. Quackers
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Quack King
Im an animator, my main focus for my art is short animated films. That puts me AT BEST at least ONE completed piece per year.

This site I use as a dumping ground for all my silly doodles and sketches and random crap. I dont care what gets dumped here
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide