Dragon Ball Thread

mjangelvortex
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Salamenace  
Me too. I hope the home release gets additional scenes like what happened with Battle of Gods. I doubt we’re going to get a 3 hour cut like the original script but I felt some scenes could be added onto the film (especially the earlier portion).

@TempFizzle  
I’m glad you enjoyed it.
mjangelvortex
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Background Pony #50D4  
Aren’t both FMA series completely finished or were they making another one? But yeah, I’m glad Rooster Teeth kicked him out of RWBY and I heard that Funimation has already replaced him for Morose Mononokean. I’m not going to be surprised to hear if Funimation and other studios have completely fired him. And he deserves that boot dearly.

@Dirty Bit  
Me too. He’s a good voice actor and a good singer but I’m not going to let that blind me to the fact that he hurt all those people. Seriously, this sort of behavior is nauseating and shouldn’t continue.
Background Pony #F584
@mjangelvortex  
I said residuals, money after the fact, stuff like merchandise or things like that. Make sure this …person if were generous, never sees a cent again
Cyborg_pony
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@mjangelvortex  
That site is the Kotaku of Anime. So much one of the only thing one of the supposed victims where hurt by is the article misusing her picture

That one alone brings into questions the rest of the article no matter what.

He even apologized if he made people feel uncomfortable  
Is apologizes no longer good enough, and people should just be exiled?

If there is wrong doing there should be an investigation. Other then that, it’s damning someone just on allegations alone. We saw the same thing with Chris Hardwick and so many others. I’m not going to blindly believe an article and people saying things happened. I’ve seen this play out before and in several cases they were not collaborated and straight falsified.

One last thing before I go: This is how an editor of that website thinks of people that don’t just listen and believe
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
@Cyborg_pony

I honestly hope that’s the case. I already hate the fact that Rooster Teeth cut ties with him, nevermind the fact that even voice actors spoke out to his allegations.
Cyborg_pony

@Dirty Bit  
It really feels like the same style of smears, because they don’t like him. It’s just depressing to see people automatically throw him under the bus to avoid the obvious.

Many in the comment sections in Clownfish TV’s vids on Vic as well as others say he is a generally nice guy, and I’ve never seen an tweets of bail like I have others.

I seriously need to get to bed with actually needing to be up in the morning so after I finish this I’m shutting off, but want to share a bit of an anecdote:

A while back I was privy to another scandal that happened in the comics industry. “Border town” writer: Eric Esquivel was accused of being an abuser and actually grooming young girls. He’s an incredibly toxic to consumers, and his comic are ham-handed junk.Here’s the thing; there’s proof. he was DM’ing a young girl with very creepy thing and he was apart of a program to “tooter” young girls in comics.

Ironically enough; some tried to ignore this, but he was of the right type of people so warnings went ignored. Gail Simone was caught lying that she’d ever spoken about him. Now looked a DC, they canned the book and are in a rough spot with most of new line floundering.

they may not be in the same industry, but it is odd how allegations by people were taken depending on the person.

Also; many of the allegations go pretty much a decade, if there was anything significant; something would have risen by now. Just like the VA from Hitalia being ousted as a pedophile, he was dropped quickly. The timing is rather suspect.
Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
@Cyborg_pony

I’m still torn about this whole deal. One one hand, I feel like this is turning into another Bill Cosby scandal; that yet another iconic celebrity has fallen from grace. On the other hand, a small part of me really would like to see Vic’s name be cleared despite any and all evidence of his crimes.
TheDog
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Howdy 4 All
Honestly, in cases like this I prescribe to the “Innocent Until Proven Guilty” in regards to things like this. And no, someone saying “[insert name here] did this thing to me” does NOT count. It is all too easy to say something like that and completely ruin a person’s career and life because people automatically believe the accuser.

Let’s say you have a girlfriend and you have a bitter breakup, all she has to do is say “you sexually abused her” and your life is completely ruined. Even though I only looked on wikipedia, that sounds like what Chris Hardwick’s ex did to him. claimed an ex abused her, didn’t give a name but gave hints that it was Chris, and when they investigated it refused to help while stating ‘she didn’t want to ruin their life’.

Sounds like she lied and realized she would get found out when they started investigating it to me.
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
Let’s say you have a girlfriend and you have a bitter breakup, all she has to do is say “you sexually abused her” and your life is completely ruined. Even though I only looked on wikipedia, that sounds like what Chris Hardwick’s ex did to him. claimed an ex abused her, didn’t give a name but gave hints that it was Chris, and when they investigated it refused to help while stating ‘she didn’t want to ruin their life’.
Sounds like she lied and realized she would get found out when they started investigating it to me.
Other then that, it’s damning someone just on allegations alone. We saw the same thing with Chris Hardwick and so many others. I’m not going to blindly believe an article and people saying things happened. I’ve seen this play out before and in several cases they were not collaborated and straight falsified.

I’m not denying that false accuassions happen. I’ve seen and experienced a few in my life.

My mother has paranoid schizophrenia (among other mental illnesses) and when she’s not properly medicated and at her lowest, she gets super suspicious of everyone and the voices/illusions she sees and hears make her think of things that haven’t happened. And because of this, she has falsely accused me and my father of doing things we haven’t done. She has accused me of hitting her in her sleep, wanting to harm or kill her, poisoning her food, doing black magic against her, and wanting to take her belongings away from her for myself. None of these are true.

She also falsely accused my father of raping me (even though he hasn’t done that and would never do that). My mom also nearly pressured me into falsely accusing someone of rape too twice (thankfully nothing came out of that and she got to her senses and realized the truth).

So yes, I get it. I get that stuff like that happens sometimes. And it’s always horrible and unfortunate when an innocent person gets accused of a crime they didn’t commit and they suffer from it.

But at the same time, I feel blindly ignoring victims can be just as harmful too. Many victims are scared of coming out and talking about their abuse because of fear of being branded as a liar (or worrying about hurting their abuser since some people tend to be abused by people they know).

Also, I don’t think this situation with Vic is anywhere near to being the same as to what happened Chris Hardwik. This isn’t one person making an accusation to get back at an ex. It’s multiple people spanning over more than a decade who have no close ties to Vic and don’t have anything to gain from accusing him of this.

@Dirty Bit  
I already hate the fact that Rooster Teeth cut ties with him

Why hate? They did what they had to do. Rooster Teeth (like any other business) has every right to fire who they want, especially if the person poses a threat to their company or to other people working there.

I’ll even use another firing as an example. I love the Guardians of the Galaxy films and Marvel fired James Gun over some things he said on Twitter. I was very upset this happened. But and the same time I could understand why Marvel wanted to distance themselves from him. (Even though they were jokes, making mutiple tweets about how much he loved sexually molesting children just doesn’t look right. It didn’t help that said “jokes” didn’t really have a punchline, set up, twists, or anything of the sort. It was just mostly him saying stuff like, “Oh, sexually molesting that kid felt so good.”) And despite that controversy, I’m glad James Gun was able to owe up to his mistakes, apologize, and still find good work elsewhere after the incident.

But this case isn’t something as tame as some edgy jokes on Twitter. Sexual harassment is very serious. Put yourself in their shoes for a moment. Imagine owning a business and you get reports from multiple different sources that one of the people working for you has sexually harassed in the past.

I mean, you could do nothing. But if that same person does eventually sexually harasses someone else that works at your business (or god forbid, full blown rapes them), you and your business could get into serious fire over that. Plus, since you knew that person was a danger to other people, you’re kind of responsible for keeping your other coworkers safe.

And even if that person doesn’t harm anyone at your buisness, you still risk getting into serious trouble or controvsery for having them work there anyways regardless. In cases like this, you really don’t have much options and the smart thing to do in that sort of situation is to err on the side of caution and fire that person.

I don’t want Vic to be guilty. I really don’t. I’m just as torn as you are. I like his voice acting (I loved his work in the new movie) and I also like his music. But things don’t look too good on his end right now and I might have to seperate the art from the artist. If Vic is truly innocent, then I will be glad if he continues voice acting and welcome him back with open arms. But for now, I don’t think I can side with him.

@Cyborg_pony  
That one alone brings into questions the rest of the article no matter what.

Okay, that article wasn’t a reliable source. I apologize for that. And I also think it’s unfair with how they treat people. That doesn’t change the fact that other people beyond that one article have their complaints about Vic too.

@Cyborg_pony  
He even apologized if he made people feel uncomfortable
Is apologizes no longer good enough, and people should just be exiled?

No. Apologizes are often good in some cases. But let’s be honest, an apology is not good in all cases and it doesn’t magically fix the damage that’s already been done. For example, if I hypothetically stole your car and took it to a junkyard where it was turned into nothing but scraps, an apology wouldn’t change the fact that I did that and deserve to go to jail (even if the apology I made was completely genuine).

On the one hand, I do think some people go way too out of hand with the paedo hunting. For example, in some places teachers can get fired for simply platonically hugging their students. I think that’s insane and going a little bit too far.

But Vic has photo and video evidence of himself kissing and sensually whispering into the ears of underaged girls. The man is in his 50s for crying out loud. (Also, he was a police officer before he got into voice acting, so you’d think he’d know that a person in their 50s doing this sort of thing to teens is inappropriate.) Also, some of the kisses were still unwarranted.

@Cyborg_pony  
If there is wrong doing there should be an investigation.

I’m not opposed to this idea. And I’m sure lots of other people wouldn’t be either.

@TheDog  
Honestly, in cases like this I prescribe to the “Innocent Until Proven Guilty” in regards to things like this. And no, someone saying “[insert name here] did this thing to me” does NOT count. It is all too easy to say something like that and completely ruin a person’s career and life because people automatically believe the accuser.

On the other side of the coin, it’s all too easy to say something like “[insert name here] is lying about these accusations” even if the accuser was telling the truth. So in cases like those, it’s already bad enough the person is suffering from abuse but now they also have to deal with the extra stress and suffering from being accused of lying about it and having no one believe you. Their lives are ruined.

I’m passionate about this because I have been abused. Remember how I brought up my mother earlier? She was very abusive when I was in high school. It wasn’t physical or sexual. It was mentally and emotionally abusive.

She’d gaslight me, she would take my things without my permission (and sometimes even throw them away) for little to no reason, she’d threaten to take away my dog, she had the family cut ties with a lot of other family members, she’d tell me that my friends didn’t love me, she’d tell me that my father didn’t love me, she’d tell me that no one loves me but her, and she’d sometimes tell me not to go to school even when I wanted to. But worse of all, she yelled and screamed and she did that loudly (with such colorful language that a sailor would get jealous; any and every swear word you can think of would be used in her tirades). She’d scream in my face sometimes too even when it wasn’t warrented. She’d yell like this in wee hours in the morning to the point it would disturb my sleep. That’s not everything she’s done but I think that’s enough to get the point.

I was stressed out by all of this so I tell the staff in my school about it for help. They called Child Protective Services on my mother. My mother went and showed them the fridges and and cubbords and said that we have enough food and that I’m well fed. She then pointed out how I don’t have any scars or bruises. She basically told them because she never hit me, she didn’t abuse me. They took her side and did absolutely nothing to help me.

And hey, my mother had a point. They had no physical evidence of me being abused. Because no physical abuse took place at the time. Other forms of abuse can be harder to prove sometimes because of that sort of thing. My mother didn’t leave me with any physical scars but I have more than enough mental ones left behind.

And if something like that could happen to me, where the system didn’t believe my side in being abused, I know it happens to other people. In fact, in some sexual harassment cases getting clear cut evidence is difficult. Some cases obviously don’t go into full blown rape territory, so getting DNA evidence is hard (if not impossible in some cases).

@Cyborg_pony  
It really feels like the same style of smears, because they don’t like him. It’s just depressing to see people automatically throw him under the bus to avoid the obvious.

Or maybe (hear me out here), they might have legitmate reasons for doing this and not liking him. And that would be the acculimation of this sort of stuff happening time and time again over the years.

@Cyborg_pony  
Many in the comment sections in Clownfish TV’s vids on Vic as well as others say he is a generally nice guy, and I’ve never seen an tweets of bail like I have others.

Just because Vic was nice to some people, doesn’t mean he still couldn’t have abused other people. Some abusers are nice in the public and do horrendous stuff in private. Some narcassists and sociopaths are real good at this. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen in the news where someone ended up being a mass murderer and that person’s friends, family, and neighbors can’t believe it because of how nice they acted.

Also, I’d even argue that it’s easier for a “nice” person to do toxic abusive things because they can easily hide under the facade of being nice. They can also manipulate the person they’re abusing by being nice to them. Stages 3 and 4 of the typical abuse cycle even rely on it.

I’ll even give a famous example. Remember how much people loved Bill Cosby because of how nice he was to other people and how squeaky clean his comedy was? But in reality, he had a lot of nasty skeletons hiding in that closet it. People didn’t believe the accusers at first and took his side. But when more and more women started coming out, it was getting all too obvious that he was guilty.

I’ll even give another example: my mother. My mother isn’t always abusive and can be a rather sweet and nice person when she wants to be. She taught me many things like how to take care of myself, how to protect myself from danger, how to draw (she was an artist), and she taught me math. She also taught me how to read and write and she would often make up fictional bedtime stories for me, all of which ignited my passion for fictional writing. For better and for worse, she helped shape me to who I am today. She does love me and she constantly tells me how she doesn’t want me hurt (but she’s unfortunately too blind to realise that she’s the one hurting me the most). But her doing all those good things still doesn’t change the fact that she did abuse me, my father, and my dogs. (But the good news is she’s getting professional psychiatric treatment at the moment. So hopefully she can be better again.)

@Cyborg_pony  
A while back I was privy to another scandal that happened in the comics industry. “Border town” writer: Eric Esquivel was accused of being an abuser and actually grooming young girls. He’s an incredibly toxic to consumers, and his comic are ham-handed junk.Here’s the thing; there’s proof. he was DM’ing a young girl with very creepy thing and he was apart of a program to “tooter” young girls in comics.
Ironically enough; some tried to ignore this, but he was of the right type of people so warnings went ignored. Gail Simone was caught lying that she’d ever spoken about him. Now looked a DC, they canned the book and are in a rough spot with most of new line floundering.
they may not be in the same industry, but it is odd how allegations by people were taken depending on the person.

It’s unfortunate and deplorable that person got away with that. It really is.

@Cyborg_pony  
Also; many of the allegations go pretty much a decade, if there was anything significant; something would have risen by now.

I didn’t know these things had an expiration date. With that kind of logic, the allegations against Bill Cosby and Harvey Weinstien are false since some of them span a long time ago too.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
If Vic is truly innocent and the people were lying, then I’m shifting my blame to the person who lied.

If he is guilty and it was the truth, then I’m shifting it to Vic.

Until proof is found, until a court is done, I’m neutral.
Cyborg_pony

@Scrabbleman  
It doesn’t matter, because mob justice rule and it’s court of public opinion. I remember someone said Twitter ruined how companies interact with fans, and it is absolutely true.

And most of the allegations are decades old, and nothing happened came of it then. Statue of limitation no longer means anything.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
I’ve always maintained that being a twat will get you in the end.

Honestly I think that’s where the extent of these allegations end, being a twat. I doubt he’s raped anyone, or broken any laws, but then that’s not what’s being alleged. It’s simply being a disingenuous, creepy, dirty bastard who’s not afraid to be a jerk when he thinks he can get away with it.

It’s not illegal, but there are social consequences to such things. And as noted, these rumors have been swirling for years. And I’m not inclined to ignore them because he’s normally quite charming, because any successful abuser knows they have to charm the 90% to successfully prey on the 10%.
Cyborg_pony

@Philweasel  
Can you show proof that he’s what you claim and it’s not just allegations? So far that’s all they’ve been is Hear-say.

Is accusations of witchcraft just good enough again?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide