Dragon Ball Thread

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Cyborg_pony  
What proof do you have that those people are lying?

Look, when I was ten years old back in 1993, we joked around the playground about how you wouldn’t want to be in a room alone with Jimmy Savile, and remember when Rolf Harris’s daughter revealed he was an abusive prick back in the late nineties. I also remember when Vic Mignogna was a running joke on Little Kuriboh’s works that plenty of people noted that Vic was a bit of a creepy ass, and that’s near a decade back.

Put simply, I’m not particular inclined to disbelieve the rumor mill. When alligations turn up competely out of the blue (say, right after the Jimmy Savile case, when the BBC is looking to pay big bucks for an equally juicy story) I’m a little suspisious, but none of these were NEW reveliations. They’ve been blatently obvious for decades, it’s just that celebrites are allowed to rape people because they’re rich and famous.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Philweasel  
I already showed that they misused a photo and the person in question reveled she consented and her mother was present at the time, there was no problem at the time and ANN used it anyways without research. That’s proof enough for me to not trust them since if they’re willing to lie by omission and denigrate those holding a neutral stance, more reasons to not trust.

And I’m supposed to use other examples a proof? Blind belief is what causes more harm then good.

People have also made accusations about celebrities for the possibly of publicity or a payout- and this all comes at the heel of the last DBS movie grossing millions and being #1 at the box office. That right there looks sketchy to me.
mjangelvortex
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@icey wicey 1517  
I just more or less copy pasted what I said here over there and unsubbed.

Anywho, back to the Dragon Ball related discussion that has nothing to do with the Vic controversy, has anyone gotten the recent DLC for FighterZ yet? How are Jiren and Videl as fighters?
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

Let’s say you have a girlfriend and you have a bitter breakup, all she has to do is say “you sexually abused her” and your life is completely ruined. Even though I only looked on wikipedia, that sounds like what Chris Hardwick’s ex did to him. claimed an ex abused her, didn’t give a name but gave hints that it was Chris, and when they investigated it refused to help while stating ‘she didn’t want to ruin their life’.
Sounds like she lied and realized she would get found out when they started investigating it to me.
Other then that, it’s damning someone just on allegations alone. We saw the same thing with Chris Hardwick and so many others. I’m not going to blindly believe an article and people saying things happened. I’ve seen this play out before and in several cases they were not collaborated and straight falsified.
I’m not denying that false accuassions happen. I’ve seen and experienced a few in my life.
My mother has paranoid schizophrenia (among other mental illnesses) and when she’s not properly medicated and at her lowest, she gets super suspicious of everyone and the voices/illusions she sees and hears make her think of things that haven’t happened. And because of this, she has falsely accused me and my father of doing things we haven’t done. She has accused me of hitting her in her sleep, wanting to harm or kill her, poisoning her food, doing black magic against her, and wanting to take her belongings away from her for myself. None of these are true.
She also falsely accused my father of raping me (even though he hasn’t done that and would never do that). My mom also nearly pressured me into falsely accusing someone of rape too twice (thankfully nothing came out of that and she got to her senses and realized the truth).
So yes, I get it. I get that stuff like that happens sometimes. And it’s always horrible and unfortunate when an innocent person gets accused of a crime they didn’t commit and they suffer from it.
But at the same time, I feel blindly ignoring victims can be just as harmful too. Many victims are scared of coming out and talking about their abuse because of fear of being branded as a liar (or worrying about hurting their abuser since some people tend to be abused by people they know).
Also, I don’t think this situation with Vic is anywhere near to being the same as to what happened Chris Hardwik. This isn’t one person making an accusation to get back at an ex. It’s multiple people spanning over more than a decade who have no close ties to Vic and don’t have anything to gain from accusing him of this.
I already hate the fact that Rooster Teeth cut ties with him
Why hate? They did what they had to do. Rooster Teeth (like any other business) has every right to fire who they want

I don’t say this as a defense of Vic Mignogna as a person, but businesses shouldn’t be able to fire whoever they want. Fuck the business. James Gunn shouldn’t have been fired at all, and shouldn’t have been expected to apologize unless he really wanted to. If it hurts their bottom line, too bad. That’s what they get for caring so much about money in the first place.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@mjangelvortex  
Is firing somebody the only way to do that? If all else fails, maybe (while in Vic Mignogna’s case, it’s entirely possible that he’s been given a whole lot of chances behind the scenes, and blown them all, we don’t know that for sure). But it seems to me that the main concern has always been money and PR, not anyone’s safety.
mjangelvortex
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@HeadlessHorselessHorseman  
I don’t know much about the ins and outs of running a company but I’d assume that would be what it would have to come to in some cases, especially in severe ones.

I’ve already said here that I hope he’s not guilty. And after my anger settled, I mulled things over a bit and I brought up in the Vic thread that I would have voted that I stand neutral on this whole ordeal if they had a poll.

@Scrabbleman  
That too. I’d rather us take whatever conversations about Vic over there (though I’m probably not going to be in that thread since I was getting rather stressed out and unsubbed from there).

That being said, I did bring up another conversation starter that has nothing to do with the previous scandal. If anyone wants to talk about that (or something else), feel free too.
mjangelvortex
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
Hmm. I just found out that Videl is the only character in FighterZ that currently has a legitimate alternate outfit (as opposed to a simple palette swap). The trailer showed her with the short hair but you can play with her original design with the twin tails. That’s nice. I’m hoping the other characters can get alternate costumes for a future patch.

@Dustcan  
Yep. That sounds just like him.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide