Dragon Ball Thread

Ethereal Divide

Magic & art aficionado
@Thanotos Omega

I like the idea. I hope we get some sort of announcement for Xenoverse 3 soon. Xenoverse 2 had 4 years of DLC support and in that time we got FighterZ, Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission and Kakarot. I love FighterZ and Heroes is a fun distraction but we are overdue for XV3.

I want some new races like Android and Kai, add Toppo, Moro, and a few other characters to the roster, and give Saiyans branching paths for transformations. That way, you can choose for your OC to use god forms or Super Saiyan 4. Also, let us do custom fusions. Imagine being able to fuse two of your created characters together and have a new moveset. Why not also customize our auras and create original combos and ki blasts with custom names.

And instead of regular dragon balls, make the story center around the super dragon balls being somehow corrupted and powerful shadow dragons being born from them wreaking havoc across the multiverse.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Ethereal Divide

Yes, I’d really love for them to go beyond EoZ, I’d like to see Pan and Uub both actually be competent characters!

…I’m not sure they’d go that far into the future though
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
You know it only just dawned on me recently how much Son Goku actually has in common with Superman:  
They both are aliens who were sent to Earth after their home world was destroyed,  
They were given names from their world (Kakarot/Kal-El) but then were renamed on Earth (Son Goku/Clark Kent),  
They have many similar super powers like super strength, flight, indestructible (Well Superman is anyways, Goku can still bleed and get hurt)  
And they have fought against their own race at some point in their series  
(Vegeta/Zod)  
I feel this only really became apparent when DBSuper: Broly came out, I’m almost 100% convinced Akira Toriyama did this all on purpose (Aside from it just being mostly based off Journey to the West)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@QuasarNova  
Apparently not, then again I was a kid when I first started watching DBZ and didn’t really care about DC comics at the time so it’s something I never gave any thought to.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
full  
Okay I love that this was made, and let’s let’s face it Steven Universe has so much in common with anime such as DBZ
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Thanotos Omega  
People were comparing “The Return” to the Saiyan Arc pretty much immediately after it aired.

Hell, fusion (which is a component of the show from the very beginning) is directly based on DBZ fusion (complete with dance!).

And there’s this.  
full  
Check out the patient’s name and number.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
You know, I’ve just noticed another connection between Steven Universe and Dragon Ball.

They both have remarkably gender neutral fanbases. I mean DB is very masculine, and SU very feminine, but they still manage to bridge the gender gap somehow.
Rabidcabbit
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Since the Beginning  -

Touch Fluffy Tail
@Philweasel  
that’s not all that unique though, Sailor Moon had a lot of male fans too, as did FiM

Hamtaro had a fairly mixed bag, but Hamtaro wasn’t inherently feminine despite being aimed at the same audience as FiM was.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Littlecabbit  
…I like all those things. Sailor Moon has as much to do with my general nerdery as “The Little Mermaid”.

And I feel it is still unusual. The fact that you can produce a couple of examples over like… four decades shows that. Admittedly I feel Dragonball’s female fanbase is more visible because it’s members are generally older and more confident facing inevitable nerd chauvinism.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
So apparently Ultra Instinct Goku is the next dlc for FighterZ, makes sense I suppose though I’d say we got enough Goku already; I certainly would like to see more original characters in the game as well as ones that I’m sure a lot of people want to actually play as such as Raditz, Dabura, Cabbe, Toppo, Bojack, and Turles. I mean kinda odd that Videl and Goku GT made it in before any of those did.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide