Modern music sucks

Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
@Zincy  
yes but music was started by cavemen beating bones against the walls of their cave.  
So to use that as an excuse for what should be an evolved form of music made using computer software is silly
.44caliberloveletter
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
@Potatoguy

Not all Dubstep is like the noisy Skrillex crap that’s out there, some dubstep can actually be pretty chill such as old school dubstep and Post-Dubstep. Old school dubstep focuses more on the sub-bass and emphasis on the wobble, rather than climatic drops an harsh sounds that guys like Skrillex focus on (His style of Dubstep is known as Brostep, just incase you were wondering), and Post-Dubstep uses elements from Dubstep and mixes them in with sounds from other influences. have a few examples:

Distance - Night Vision  
Mount Kimbie - Field  
James Blake - The Wilhelm Scream  
Burial - Archangel  
Mala - Alicia
Frostwolf123

“pop” music always sucks. It always has. Going back a couple hundred years.

What peoples poor excuse for hindsight calls “classic” is a cherry picked list of hit’s and standouts, many of which weren’t actually popular in their day. The crap may have been largely forgotten, but it was there.

And just like you, there was some grumpy bastard claiming that music had gone to hell. In the 80’s, the 70’s, 60’s, hell, the shit that was “popular” in the 30’s makes my ears bleed. It wasn’t all Louis Armstrong and Robert Johnson.

In a couple decades no one will remember all the shit music you’re complaining about. They’ll complain about the new shit music instead and pine for the good old days of the early 21st century.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Frostwolf123  
Pop culture is, by definition, an oxymoron. There is nothing civilized or cultural about it, it is intrinsically anti-culture.  
-Umberto Eco

Posturing and preening aside, modern music is worse because art reflects the soul and our music endorses ultimately self destructive lifestyles in a way that has not been seen in recent history.
Frostwolf123

@Whatevs  
Okay, I really have to disagree with the idea that endorsing ultimately self destructive lifestyles is anything that new to popular music. The blues scene alone had some real gems in that regard. I certainly get how death metal and ass shaking coke addicts look a lot worse than gag tunes and Shirley Temple, but that’s not everything that happened back then.

I state again, with modern music, you see all of it. Everything made this year get’s at least some degree of attention. Good and bad, popular and obscure. Although with older music, the unremarkable has faded into obscurity, no matter how popular it was at the time. Only the songs that stand up over time still get any exposure. Don’t let that fool you into thinking the rest of it never happened.

It’s amazing how when you look deeper into older music trends, the more it looks like nothing has changed at all.
Whatevo

Arch-Rarifag
@Frostwolf123  
mayhaps. I hope you’re right, that is something I hadn’t considered.

However, if the kind of music I describe stands the test of time and becomes classics… I posit that I will have been proven right.
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@Frostwolf123
Pop culture is, by definition, an oxymoron. There is nothing civilized or cultural about it, it is intrinsically anti-culture.
-Umberto Eco
Posturing and preening aside, modern music is worse because art reflects the soul and our music endorses ultimately self destructive lifestyles in a way that has not been seen in recent history.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide