Music thread

Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
Honestly these new Metallica singles and having re-listened to some of their older albums has me questioning whether Metallica were any good to begin with (I’ve heard fans claim they sold out with Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets). If Darkness Had a Son is similar to Confusion and Here Comes Revenge from Hardwired but worse. Like most Metallica songs after 1988, it tries to sound dark and heavy but it doesn’t. The song, like others, constantly shifts between trying to sound dark and heavy, to just pop rock (All Nightmare Long and Here Comes Revenge did the same). This is what happens when they try to appeal to both the masses and hardcore fans. Also, Lars’ drumming was terrible. At least Kirk Hammett finally got a writing credit this time.
I hope 72 Seasons is Metallica’s last album, because they’re all getting old and can’t play or write music like they could in the 80s. None of the singles released so far have been interesting.
Posted Report
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
2nd place In Flames Forgone
Worst Dope Blood Money part zero
Disappointing Paramore This is Why
Refused to listen new Godsmack
Best track February Lost by Linkin Park
Worst song February Falling in Reverse - Watch The World Burn
Andyxdr
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Glowin' up!
I love the soundtrack for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. The movie may have had issues and a bad reputation, but the music is spectacular. A lot of it feels like it’d be great for a superhero movie. I’d love it if that movie’s soundtrack was reused for a better movie. And let’s not forget the legendary Linkin Park song New Divide.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
On this day 24 years ago, British singer Dusty Springfield passes away from cancer at 59. She leaves behind two UK top ten albums, a UK number one hit (You Don’t Have To Say You Love Me) and 9 top ten hits. In the US, she has 4 top ten hits.
Posted Report
Starless
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
@SleepySteve
Yeah Journey’s music isn’t that great but their album covers are kind of good.
Now Gentle Giant, on the other hand, is an amazing band with not so good album covers, particularly Acquiring the Taste.
The other album covers aren’t that bad (The Power and the Glory’s cover is pretty good). The one above is really the only bad one.
I think the greatest album cover would have to go to Jethro Tull’s Thick as a Brick solely for the amount of effort they put into it. They made a whole newspaper, wrote entire articles. It took just as much work as the album itself.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide