Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Meanlucario

Yeah, so what? Of course, there are other races, but to what extent does this have to do with racism? My mention of the Mongolian Storm refers to the mounted battle on Wargs. And not the appearance. Or is it already generally racism to fight for the “wrong” side? If so, then we can also stop writing fantasy and sci-fi stories right away.

I could now be sarcastic and note that Marvel and Co. have been clichés about the German and Nordic gods for decades and that George Lucas has stolen the entire concept of Star Wars from the Third Reich, Italian Western and Japanese Samurai movies.

But I don’t because I personally don’t have a problem with that. What I have a problem with is that nowadays any idiot can anonymously give his/her/they opinion online unfiltered from him/her/themself, whether it is well-founded or not. And no, I don’t mean anyone in particular right now. I only have extreme reservations about the fact that we often take our personal opinion for far too important and then throw political slogans around us, whether it makes sense or not.

Yes, racism is bad. There’s no question. But I’m not sure if we’re even able to talk with each other in a reasonable way these days, instead of always defaming everything all the time.

We are no longer able to conduct a sensible political discourse, We can no longer talk about topics without having to deal with racism, sexism, gender debates and so on, and in the best case, we comment on topics that deal with sometimes very complex structures with a maximum of one to two sentences. As if the majority of our species now has the IQ and the range of attention of hamsters or guinea pigs. I apologize for insulting the feelings and rights of rodents right now.

These are the things I have personal problems with. And not whether orcs were inspired by Mongols, Haradrim by Indians or Easterlings by Persians, or not. And even if it were, that’s not racism. Just as it is not racism when Germans are always depicted in comics as Nazis, crazy scientists or crazy Nazi scientists. Decades after the end of the Second World War. Do you know that there are only two really good German characters in the Marvel universe? Nightcrawler and Dr Abraham Erskine. In the DC Universe, I don’t think there are any in the DC Universe. At least I don’t know any.

Do you understand what I’m trying to say? Just because an author and creator makes use of certain stereotypes and historical role-models does not make you a racist. And we should always judge books and movies in the context of the era in which they were published. And not because it is the trend right now to get upset about certain things.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Meanlucario  
To put it simply, it’s basically automated system that put Content Creator, and for some odd reason (and I don’t know if it’s true); the automated system categorize your channel based on the people who subscribed to you.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@NitroFury  
So a Youtube thing. And sounds like they’re looking for patterns base on viewers. I have no faith it will work, honestly, especially since Youtube has much bigger problems than categorization.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@TheHappySpaceman

@TheHappySpaceman

I’ve been thinking a little bit about this. Basically, I assume that humans in literature are basically the norm. A person who reads a book or watches a movie can simply better understand the world from the eyes of a human protagonist or antagonist. And because humans are the norm, they also recommend themselves as villains, because then you don’t have to explain so much.

But I think the real problem is, how do you write good villains these days? Whether as an individual character or antagonistic race. For the short stories I write, I have personally chosen not to work with stigmatizing tropes. Just because character X belongs to race X does not mean that the whole race X is equally evil. Or character X must be evil because race X is evil.

When you create a villain, you should always remember: not all Germans were Nazis. That helps, no matter what genre. The problem is that for many people it then quickly becomes too complicated. And whether people will like it then, I highly doubt. ;-)
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
“just get a new one” being common is proof that corporations have cucked the common man so fucking hard
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Meanlucario  
I mean, it was even taught in my English class that corporations started encouraging this mentality almost a decade ago. It’s not like it’s a conspiracy
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide