Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

ArmadilloEater

French Taunter
@LightningBolt  
Denying yourself the sweet, sweet taste of a prime cut of lamb by choice seems pretty silly to me >:T  
Though yeah, no need to call ‘em names. They’re punishing themselves enough as it is.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
The world I love  
The tears I drop  
To be part of  
The wave, can’t stop  
Ever wonder if it’s all for you?  
The world I love  
The trains I hop  
To be part of  
The wave, can’t stop  
Come and tell me when it’s time to
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Broken Adam  
I don’t think real veganism is a viable diet because you’d have a near impossible time getting the needed protein, but yeah don’t be a dick.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Mikey

That’s not entirely correct. The issue is not in getting the protein, it’s the variety needed. A true vegan would have to eat 6 or 7 different plant varieties to (and in higher quantity) to get the same proteins that eating beef and chicken would give.

The proteins are there, just harder to get and much more expensive.
NorrisThePony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

fish schizo
@Mikey

That isn’t entirely true. Vegetables themselves are mostly low in proteins, yes, but legumes, rice, quinoa etc are super high. They’re also cheap as fuck if you’re buying in bulk—much cheaper than meat which is almost always the most expensive thing in a grocery store.

It’s also generally more efficient protein with a higher ratio of nutrients to fat-content than is found in animal protein.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Mikey

No, fully possible. Expensive, but possible.

Your average middle class person could pull it off without too much issue, likely increasing their food expenses by 10, 20%. Your meals would need to have a higher variety, but not an impossibly vast one.

Listen, I’ll take the piss out of radical vegans all day. There are many reasons too. But, the diet is still fully doable. Just requires more forethought and expense.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
To note, I respect what vegans are trying to do. I just oppose the way they try and do it sometimes.

There is a big difference between awareness and shaming.

Saying “hey, did you know that chickens are kept in monstrously unhealthy conditions and we should push for reform for both their sake and ours” is awareness.

Saying “you’re literally trash for eating that chicken sandwich” is shaming.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@Penguin Lagann  
Wow, it’s like a writer should only do what’s age appropriate rather than just do anything regardless of being R-rated or G-rated.

It’s not like a writer of Power Rangers went to do Walking Dead, or the creator of Fillmore went to TWD, or the creators of Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja wrote R-rated films like The (Five Nights at) Banana Splits Movie.
.44caliberloveletter
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
@Broken Adam  
Calling out vegans for not being able to cut out every product which causes suffering is fucking stupid and defeatist as all hell. Just because you cant realistically make an informed decision about everything you do/consume doesnt mean that you shouldnt at least do some things to change your ways to achieve a better life. For some people its easy to make a dietary change. Also if you really think veganism is unhealthy then you really dont know much. Its a realistic diet to undergo and has much health benefits when done properly, lower risk of various heart diseases and generally longer lives are things that vegans can look forward to. Red meat in particular is honestly quite bad for you. Seafood and grass-fed poultry is probably the best way to go with a meat diet, but thats not the way that a lot of people go with it, and even then that has its problems.

If youre really gonna criticize vegans then you can criticize them by mentioning how just a handful of people refusing to consume any products which use animals in a harmful way isnt going to do much in the long run. Or how carbon gasses via meat companies is nowheres near the level that oil companies produce making it pretty futile for any major reduction in climate change.

Also that whole refusal to give animals meat thing is a complete minority that was peddled up by a lot of morons who actually believe that vegans as a group would be against feeding pets meat. Dogs, cats, snakes, lizards, spiders etc. need to eat other animals the point is that its fully possible for humans to live their lives without consuming meat/dairy products and testing whatever skin care product on pandas. Veganism has nothing to do with changing animal diets, just human ones.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
You know, it’s interesting how That ’70s Show contains several of my go-to examples of flanderization, yet also contains two character development arcs that are, like, genuinely great on every level.
.44caliberloveletter
Thread Starter - What Are You Listening To

Alexis the Queer Witch
@Zincy  
Honestly ive never come across the sort of “vegan fundamentalists” who will shame anyone who eats meat and come across meat-eater who make fun of and condescend to vegans far more often. Even long before I went into doing a pescatarian diet I found it to be that way.
Deactivated_20191124_01
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Josh103  
There is obscure medical reasons I can’t remember on the top of my head, but it’s often a trendy way to eat for people who don’t understand physiology.

Btw. Protien isn’t why humans started eating meat. It’s the vitamins like raboflavin, and choline. Protien isn’t usually a concern in vegetarian diets.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide