Vent thread

VNagato
Artist -

@TheHappySpaceman  
I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s not like these are singular cases. It wasn’t “oh this guy touched me” and that was end of the story, multiple people came up front about it. The example you gave wasn’t any different than teenagers spreading rumours around her school. It’s a rumour no adults thought would be worth looking into, versus one person having multiple accounts against them.  
The reason that bitch spread that rumour around was because she wanted to throw salt at the guy for firing her despite her being in the wrong. Multiple former co-workers came up about what happened to them, worried about how the media will see them or think they’re lying, especially if this person in question is so high on the pyramid. I’m not saying your wrong, but this and that are kind of different cases.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@VNagato  
Oh, no, I totally get that. Both of the two big sexual harassment cases in the film/animation industry are based on multiple claims. I just don’t want it to get to the point where all it takes is one woman accusing someone and then everyone thinks he did it, y’know?
VNagato
Artist -

@ice1517  
Yeah, I was guessing it was that.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I think there are a lot of people who still do doubt when someone claims something, but I see your point.  
She’s a teenager, and she’s gonna tell all her teenager friends, regardless of where society is, I don’t think teens hearing and believing everything they hear will change. The recent events will be out of those people’s heads when it gets quiet, and then they’ll go back ranting about whatever’s on the news.
VNagato
Artist -

So… my roommate informed me yesterday that people were gonna come into my room this morning and check if there was a leak from my room to the lower floor. I come back to find this full  
in my closet. There’s dry wall dust and bits all over the floor and my bathroom (even though it looks like they didn’t do anything there), nothing fixed, despite the fact they said they would, and now I’ll have to wait for them to email my roommate about it.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
So I got accepted into this college degree program I’m really interested in.

Great, right? Except it’s not until September 2018. But hey, I’m still happy.

But my mother wasn’t. “Next year? Are you seriously going to sit around for an ENTIRE year and do nothing but wait? Go apply and get four-year degree instead!”

Yes, Mom, because waiting one year and then getting a two-year degree (and subsequent job) is totally quicker than getting a four-year degree and then getting a job.

She doesn’t UNDERSTAND that though, because all she can see is me sitting on my butt, eating her food, living in her house, for a year. She would literally prefer me taking pointless busywork classes NOW just so it looks like I’m doing something then waiting a little while and then taking classes that will actually help me get a career.

Move out, you say? I would, but a) I don’t have the money (which is why I’m taking this class, to get a better-paying job), b) because college is expensive (which is why I’m taking this class, to get a better-paying job) and c) my own mother refuses to let me move out because I don’t have enough money to move out (WHICH IS WHY I’M TAKING THIS CLASS, TO GET A BETTER PAYING JOB).
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@YetAnotherBrony
Why does she want you to get into a 4year degree exactly? Because you can get into school sooner?
I guess preparing for next year or earning money right now doesn’t cut it with her, huh

That’s what it looks like. I never thought of my mother as petty or obsessed with appearances, but I think she just wants to be able to say “My son is in college, learning many things!”

@ArkyNoid  
Dude a 2 year degree in a high demand field is better than a Master’s in something frivolous.

THANK YOU.

But apparently my mother, while she isn’t petty, seems to think everyone else is. According to her, it’s not just what you study, but where you study. Apparently, if you don’t study at fucking Harvard, you’re trash, garbage in the eyes of those who hire you.

I know Asian mothers have that stereotype, but…ugh. I guess mine is no different.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@YetAnotherBrony

She’s not entirely wrong.

Degrees from certain schools can help or hinder your hiring.

Not just from reputation, but also from the curriculum. As not all colleges teach the same things in their programs.

School choice is actually rather important, though the gap doesn’t have to be “Harvard or nothing”. But yes, it is a good idea to learn what reputation a school has with the job market. Look up alumi stats for example, see how long the reported “grad to hired” time is.
VNagato
Artist -

@YetAnotherBrony  
On the note of “what”, ugh yeah I get that. Not specifically my parents, but when my relatives heard I was going to study biology, they said “I’m so proud of you”. Bitch, I only ever see you like, once a year, you don’t actually care about me, or know me at all. I remember my mother saying that if people ask me where I’m going and what I’m studying, I can’t just say “Guelph” alone and I have to follow up with my program because if I went to Guelph for anything other than biological sciences, I’m automatically seen as a loser in the Korean community apparently.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

The new Mythbusters series is going to suck… Just looking at the commercial it’s all about the MOVIE EXPLOSIONS!!

They should have just let Mythbusters go out with a bang with Adam and Jamie.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide