Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
It’s really great to see. Especially great that they didn’t drag it out like so many other shows do.

@Cyborg_pony  
Honestly, everyone had a significant amount of growth in their relationships this season. Even Bait and Rayla!

Season one:  
full  
full

Season three:  
full  
full
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
Like, I can understand finding some relationships in animated media to be forced, but throwing one of the few ones that was actually really well-developed under the bus just because of the others feels a bit unnecessary.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
But seriously, I’m trying to imagine an elf-human hybrid in TDP.

I can imagine that they’d have shorter ears like Elrond and stubby horns, but it’s the fingers that I’m trying to figure out.
Thanotos Omega
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Hali the Emoji girl  
In general it’s because one of the characters was there specifically for that, it’s why so many stories don’t seem to know what to do with one of the main characters because their only job is to be a prize for the other, the idea of treating them as fully fleshed out individuals is a relatively new concept,
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
Interesting analysis. Avatar sort of did that with Aang and Katara and later Zuko and Mai, with all of them being fleshed out characters before the respective ships even happened (though they still managed to screw up both romances in the comics). Part of what is interesting about TDP is that romance was never a part of the original plan; Rayla and Callum were only originally intended to become great friends, and it wasn’t until season two when the creators decided to change things around a bit, so they still had that great development on both their parts.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Yet another thing I appreciate about the newest season of TDP: All the little added details in the animation, like characters’ pupils dilating and elves’ ears moving around to signify certain emotions.

full

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide