Cartoon/Western Animation General

Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Holofan4life  
Ehh, Catra deserved a kick in the teeth. The thing is she got that, and made her own decision to stop being a bitch. She wasn’t forced to redeem herself, and her actions were straight out suicidal at that point. Hell, she did die. And then even worse, she was brought back to life and refused that easy way out. She actually had to live with the consequences of her shitty personality, and bar a few attempts to run away from that responsibility, actively threw herself wholeheartedly into being a good guy.

She earned her ending.

…but she earned that kick in the teeth too.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Wow. The director for the Live-action Lilo and Stitch movie is the one from the JEM movie.

Aight. I’m out.  
full

They want this to fail, don’t they?
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Cyborg_pony  
How does anyone get work after that?  
I’m wondering what a no budget Lilo and Stitch movie would look like.  
Also would Stitch be designed with this mindest:full  
Or this mindest:full  
Or would he be completely redesigned,like this:full
Background Pony #3EEA
Why do people pretend the original Thundercats and She-Ra were masterpieces? They were always mediocre toy commercials disguised as cartoons.

Let’s be real here: You only liked the original She-Ra, Thundercats, and all the other 80s toy commercial cartoons because you were a kid and didn’t know any better.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Background Pony #3EEA

Well, maybe because they were at that time? And even today, for many of us 80’s kids, they possess a nostalgic charm. I must admit, though, I liked He-Man more than I liked She-Ran, but I still love the animated motion picture He-Man and She-Ra: The Secret of the Sword. With She-Ra, it was actually only Loo-Kee who annoyed me a little bit. Even as a kid. ;-)

By the way, you made a mistake with ThunderCats. Yes, there were also ThunderCats toys, but originally the series was not produced by a toy company like He-Man or She-Ra. Whether these series were mediocre or not is surely decided by personal taste.

I definitely liked the series, the toys (I had a lot of He-Man action figures and also Castle Grayskull, because my father bought a whole box of them very cheaply at a flea market - I loved these figures and often played with them with my friends after school). I was also a very big fan of the German He-Man audio drama on cassettes. I would certainly have loved to have the comics, but unfortunately they were very rare in Germany at that time. Well, I had the pleasure to read some of them years later ;-)

Well, and as long as you can’t find a magic glass ball as a child that tells you something about the future, maybe you could explain to me how you think we could have known “any better”. ;-D

full
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@DarkObsidian  
I still think, for all it’s cheapness and camp, that the first He-Man was a pretty decent little show.

She-Ra was alright, but I think the rot had already started to set in at that point.

I never liked Thundercats, but I admit to not being sure why. Of the top of my head I remember thinking the pilot and premise was cool, but that they never seemed to do much with it. (which is a similar issue to the one I would charge the remake with funnily enough)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Philweasel

Well, I admit I don’t remember ThunderCats very well. And somehow I have a déjà-vu right now that I think I have told this here before. Well, anyway. I reviewed some of the first episodes a few years ago. I thought it was okay. Although I like the German Dub better than the English one.

However, some episodes in Germany were originally abridged or not published at all. So I can only say this much: Maybe one day I’ll buy the whole series on Blu Ray when it comes out. Maybe not. I had fun with it as a kid, but now I don’t really need it anymore. There are so many different series anyway, I don’t have that much free time to watch everything, to be able to judge everything. ;-)
Background Pony #3EEA
On /mlp/, there’s a thread calling an upcoming cartoon a ripoff of MLP: FiM because it’s a bout a group of girls who save the world, and they have the same character archetypes as MLP (The adventurous one, the shy one, the moody one, the silly one, and the leader).

Because, as we all know, shows about girls saving the world with these kinds of archetypes didn’t exist before MLP.

FFS.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
These superstar Seahorse Guardians
are making a splash, saving the day
and protecting the seven seas.
Dive into an enchanting, undersea world with the Seahorse Sisters, secret defenders of the deep.
Eager, adventurous SUZY RAYLIGHT is always the first to make a splash. Bouncy, bubbly TWINKLY PEARL finds laughter and sunshine in the darkest depths. Shy, sensible COMET CURIE is as smart and loving as a mama whale. Dark, enigmatic CRYSTAL MYSTIQUE can’t resist a mystery - the weirder the better! Bold, buoyant FURY DIAMOND likes to be in charge. She’s always ready to take the plunge.
These spectacular seahorse pals go to school at Coral Castle and share an exciting and challenging secret. When evil threatens, they transform into Seahorse Unicorns with extraordinary aqua-powers and defend the Kingdom of Aquaria from the evil machinations of MALICIA DEEP! I know, right?! She’s a total undertow. Only Headmistress AURA SHINING knows the girls’ true potential. Once a Seahorse Unicorn herself, she quietly trains the new batch of super sea guardians in the guise of managing their underwater band, Coral Kaboom, the rockin’est superstar-fish to tour Davey Jones’ Locker!
It’s not easy juggling class, homework, band practise and protecting the sea. But with a little friendship and whole lot of fun the Seahorse Sisters are ready to save the ocean blue for me and you!
Seahorse Sisters is the wild and watery a, aquatic adventure series from bigchild. Take a dip with these warm-hearted defenders of the deep as they learn, laugh and love, finding strength in friendship and dazzling derring-do. Dance and prance, Seashorse Sisters!
78 x 11 min. 2D animation for girls 6-9.
created

eeeeh. that one horse does kinda look like rarity, i guess.  
full  
kinda look like seapony knock offs. the artstyle isn’t helping.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Angrybrony

Oh, please no… Not Bigchild Entertainment. This is a German production company from Weimar, who have already done smaller web-cartoon-like series for some German public broadcaster, but this is a really blatant copy. ;-)
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Philweasel  
I liked it.it didn’t blow need away,but there were a couple really good episodes in there.  
The Drifter and the the one with the rapidly aging plant guy were my favorites.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide