Cartoon/Western Animation General

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
I feel B&B is a revival done correctly. It’s got the same humor style, but some new things/minor changes, it doesn’t try to be too “adult,” but still just as edgy as the old show, and isn’t too preachy, too modernized, doesn’t insult the intelligence of the audience, isn’t too self aware, or anything.
It’s Beavis and Buthhead just doing what they do best. Being stupid.
Posted Report
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
For some reason Paramount plus is missing a lot of beavers and butthead episodes
They have seasons 3 to 8 Forward the original show. season 7 is the closest of being a full season with over 40 episodes but it’s still missing episodes.
The other seasons have 1 to 7 episodes.
Posted Report
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
If you guys are curious about thoughts on Velma the Animated Series, even though I haven’t seen for myself, but if I did; I would describe it in one phrase. It’s like the show writers metaphoricallyshat in your mouth, pissed in your eyes, kneeed you in crotch, stabbed you in the gut, and threw you off a four-story building.
You know you fucked up so hard when the show has a lower IMDB than Dragonball Evolution.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
All I can say is… HOW THE HELL DOES SOMEONE WHO COLORS ANIMATION CELS MIX UP LUIGI’S GREEN HAT FOR MARIO’S RED IN ONE SCENE IN THE SUPER MARIO BROS. SUPER SHOW?! LUIGI’S GREEN! MARIO’S RED! IT AIN’T ROCKET SCIENCE, YOU DING-DONG!
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Jade Kitsune
Back then people weren’t as familar with the Mario Brothers as they are now, and chances are the animators never touched an NES controller.
Mistakes were common in 80s/90s cartoons, because of the overseas animators, so it would be expensive to redo/fix the cels.
Garfield and Friends had an episode poking fun at that.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Alot of those people already lost faith in him long ago.
Posted Report
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky
I wouldn’t imagine the mario shows had a high budget they probably wouldn’t have know how popular Mario would be Or at least how long it would last.
Also I believe the animation studio was based in China
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
China and Korea, I believe. Some of the animation wasn’t bad though. And I liked the Krazy Kat-like backgrounds.
The intro to the Super Mario World cartoon was animated in Japan, which is why it has a slight animesque look to it. (And why it looked better then the rest of the show.)
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I gotta say, the outrage over Velma kinda makes me want to see the alternate universe in which the original Powerpuff pilot became a reality, because watching the Internet lose their collective minds over this is entertaining AF.
Like, I’ve stopped caring about the show itself, I’m just watching the storm while eating popcorn.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@TheHappySpaceman
Which Powerpuff pilot? The edgy live action one? (Which some dubbed the “Power Slut Girls?”)
Although, I hear the original show creator is returning for the next animated reboot of PPG.
Posted Report
northern haste

Enter if you dare
@Beau Skunky
Well I don’t think they talking about the Whoop-Ass Girls.
I haven’t watched Velma but it does seem pretty similar to The CW pilot. Trying to be an adult show but instead of more mature stories throwing in more edgy and adult sex jokes. Not saying adult shows shouldn’t have that stuff But it shouldn’t be what Makes it adult so often
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
Indeed, it’s understandable why the leaked script didn’t go over well.
Honestly, the last good “mature/darker” reboot I saw was a DC comic reboot of Space Ghost.
(The original 1960s show, not the parody talk show of the 90s.)
It wasn’t too mature, and was treated like a genuine superhero comic.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky
Yes, that one. Because Velma reminds me of the script for that pilot in all the worst ways.
The same bad meta jokes, the same failures at capturing the way young people speak (“I mean, MoveOn.org…” “Hashtag-me-too”), the same method of turning every character into an unlikable jerk, the same token lesbianism that is obviously just there to bait audiences. The outrage over Velma is just like what would have happened had the original Powerpuff pilot become a reality.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Velma has now become the lowest rated animated show in IMDB history, standing at a 1.3/10 rating.
Also this meme is accurate. You know it’s bas when you end up getting both sides of the political spectrum hating you
Posted Report
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
I’m really trying to give this show a chance but like goddamn this Velma show is bad. Unironically it might be one of the worst adult cartoons I’ve seen and I don’t do that hyperbolic worst thing ever youtube thumbnail crap. It doesn’t even seem that bad in the moment but it leaves this bad aftertaste. Oh and the amount of times it sexualizes 15 year old teens keeps getting way to close to pedo bait animes territory for me.
On the bright side though. Puss in Boots 2 really is as good as they say! Someone in development asked “Which kind of villain do we do? Force of nature, unrepentantly evil, or sympathetic?” and it answered “Yes.” And all 3 are done well.
@tehwatever
You’d think by now we’d get some kind of cartoon with one in a starring role. Hell even a prominent best friend of the MC role
Like it wouldn’t even have get deep into theology or culture or anything, just be generic punch the bad guy show, just something. Yet they’re just kinda relegated to the background. Just seems weird to me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide