Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Angrybrony  
Ew.

All seriousness, the original animated one was good enough as it was. We don’t need it remade twice. And I don’t trust Illumination after their last attempt to adapt Dr. Seuss (not to mention all their other movies ranging from meh to terrible).
CatsTuxedo
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Can’t stand how watered-down and cuddly they made the Grinch in this version. This is a hard pass for me.

Oh, and Max’s mullet is just dumb.
Background Pony #3E61
Are the 2010s the decade of female protagonists in cartoons? Look at all the cartoons that came out with female protagonists:

MLP  
Miraculous Ladybug  
Star vs. the Forces of Evil  
Korra  
Littlest Pet Shop  
Doc McStuffins  
Sofia the First

And that’s not even counting the upcoming cartoons with female protagonists:

Twelve Forever  
Infinity Train  
Amphibia  
The Owl House
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Background Pony #9B1E  
In all honesty, female protagonists are far easier to write since you’re much more flexible with its character. However, the main problem is that young boys tend to avoid shows like these due to the girls doing cool stuff.
Scrabbleman
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
For the record, I find writing a female protagonist easier than a male one. I’m pretty sure a number of female writers would also say the same with male characters instead of female. I guess since we act as an observer, we can write both the good and bad of the opposite sex due to US having no shame in doing so. Or something like that.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@HJSDGCE, God’s Wrath  
Oddly enough, same. And agreed about the huge problems with shows being gendered. I honestly fell for this growing up; because of this, I never wanted to experience the joy of The Powerpuff Girls because I thought it was a girls’ show. I’m glad to see that we’re finally breaking through those barriers.
Scrabbleman
Artist -

[screams in German]
@TheHappySpaceman  
I actually grew up watching girls’ shows so this was never a problem to me. I actually have problems watching boys’ shows because the they often lack the fluidity in animation (since they focus their budget on action scenes) and it got me bored real quick.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@EPPony  
Thank you! Hell, it’s not even boys’ or girls’ shows that are necessarily the issue, but they’re so ridiculously so.

Kim Possible is a girls’ show, but it’s great. Compare that with Totally Spies or that Mary-Kate and Ashley cartoon, and… ugh.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@EPPony  
TBH, when watching Totally Spies, I thought that with how much they were playing up girls’ cartoon tropes (e.g. the characters being valley girl stereotypes, the parachutes being flower-shaped) the show may have been a parody of those tropes. But no, it’s dead serious.

And the fetish fuel is surprisingly harder to find than I thought.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide