Cartoon/Western Animation General

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
Your statement is absolute BS, though. It’s not “hell bent on killing off or torturing every LGBT character who sets foot on screen.”

But you know what? I know you’re not listening to me right now. I know you haven’t seen the show, and you have proudly admitted before to judging the entire show solely based on reading the TV Tropes page. And I know you’re trying to get me to break rule #0 by constantly feeling the need to throw one of my favorite shows of the 2010s under the bus because you get a kick from it. I made a joke about Korra, and it was all in good fun, but then you felt the need to throw implied homophobia into it. So why don’t you just stop?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@TheHappySpaceman  
I’m about to watch the last episode available and i’m thinking back to two major dark magic events.

The lava titan and Callum’s first time using it.

When queen mom is going on about how the warming spell is the easy way, I’m sitting here thinking, how the fuck is just accepting your substantial loss of human life harder then tracking down any kind of titan, killing said titan,(both in enemy territory) and casting a spell for a bounty?

High risk, high reward, not easy in the slightest. I’m surprised all magic isn’t given such treatment if dark magic’s utility is a point against it.

Then there’s Callum’s snake trick. Rayla wants to go on and on about taking the easy way out, but it’s clearly done at great personal expense.

And all dark magic, as it’s clearly shown, has the same cost.

I’m not saying the show is bad at showing why dark magic is risky or even bad, but this easy-hard stance is the wrong way to address it.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@PonyPon  
Okay, admittedly that does kind of bother me too. The show isn’t perfect. I may take some time to think about it and see if I can try and see where they were coming from with that.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
YES! Bone is getting its own Netflix animated series!

I’ve been hearing about a Bone movie in development for years now, since the early 2000s or so, so hopefully it actually happens this time. But ever since streaming and miniseries became a thing, I’ve always felt that Netflix would be a better place for its long form storytelling than cinema–and they seem to agree, so hopefully this turns out good!
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Beau Skunky  
Same! As a kid who didn’t grow up with Avatar, Bone was the comic that gave me my “Action-fantasy-comedy set in a unique world” fix.

I should reread those comics. Hopefully they hold up well.

@TenaciousDreamer2nd  
Twenty years? I did remember reading about Paramount/Nickelodeon’s attempted adaptation, where they would have thrown in pop songs like Britney Spears and N’Sync. That would have sucked. Then I remember two other times when it seemed like it might be finally getting a movie. Still, twenty years? It can’t have been that long…
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Speaking of which, anyone know where I can read those comics? I feel like reading them again, but my collection is back at my parents’ house and is incomplete anyway.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide