Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Super Smash Bros General Thread

Dirty Bit
Thread Starter - Hazbin Hotel Thread [Possible NSFW/Dark]
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

That's him, officer
@Shepherd

I would accept only Kratos, Raiden, Ratchet, or Jak.

No one else. I know Heihachi’s got no chance thanks to that one producer throwing a fit…
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
Okay not gonna lie out of all the possible candidates they could have chosen for Smash’s dlc I did not predict mother F#$%ing Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII!!!  
I mean considering that the third parties are usually strict with how many characters they can add and the only exceptions were echos I did not think they would add a completely new character especially one who is an antagonist which is also pretty rare to see; and considering how stingy Square is about FF being in Smash this was a very low outcome for me.  
Wait so does that mean we will finally get more FF stuff added into the game now like music, spirits, Mii outfits and another stage now that he’s been confirmed cause thatt would be awesome!

I’m glad we ended up getting him after the last reveal of Steve (no offense but I wasn’t excited about Minecraft for Smash)
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
full  
All this time I was hoping the next candidate would be Sora from Kingdom Hearts, well I guess I was kinda right in that it was someone who appeared in those games.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Dr_Osaka  
I think Sora might be difficult, because doesn’t Disney have some ownership over the Kingdom Hearts series too?

@Dr_Osaka  
@Dirty Bit  
Unpopular opinion time:  
Frankly, I liked seeing Minecraft Steve (as well as his alts) more then most of the characters in the first Fighter’s Pass. Nothing against them, (I don’t even hate Blythe, and I feel they were overhated) but the only one I got really really excited about, (and was already familiar with) was Banjo Kazooie. I admit I liked the Piranha Plant DLC too, as I love “WTF” characters.

The Fighter’s Pass 2 seems more up my ally as it has more characters I dig. I wanted an ARMS rep’, I’m fine with Minecraft, (having recently gotten into it, and playing it on my phone) and now another classic villain fighter.

Gatta say, never expected Sephiroth, especially over FF’s lack of representation.  
Now I wouldn’t be surprised if we get Geno, or another “unlikely” character. SSBU has already had quite a few.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
You know it’s funny usually I would be more annoyed at the fact that we are technically getting yet another sword fighter in Smash now, not to mention all the other possible candidates we could have gotten from Final Fantasy like Aerith, Tifa, Vincent, Squall, Tidus, Yuna, Lightning, etc. But in the end it’s still cool getting to see Sephiroth anyways maybe because of how much I actually like the character; I do remember watching my brother playing FFVII growing up, I remember what a big deal it was when he showed up in Advent Children, and of course I remember getting my Ass kicked by him in Kingdom Hearts I & II, so I guess when it comes to antagonists in video games he’s just a memorable badass.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah I know how you feel and I don’t have anything against Steve or anyone who plays him, I just never was a Minecraft fan and I always felt it was kinda odd seeing him in Smash. As for the other DLC, I two got the most excited to see Banjo & Kazooie since they were pretty much my childhood and longtime dream characters for Smash, but with the exception Joker who even then I didn’t get excited for until AFTER I played Persona 5 non of the other dlc were really grabbing me.  
I am happy that Min Min got in since she was my favorite from ARMS, and as a joke character I did like Piranha Plant’s inclusion.

Yeah the Disney copyright is a bitch, but then again I assumed Square owned those characters and not Disney, and like I said before as long as no Disney characters are in the game then KH could still be represented.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide