Star Wars General

Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Vader: “Do you expect me to believe that a tactician of your skill has not yet thought of a way to kill me?”

Thrawn: “I have, in fact, thought of three ways.”

My god they’re like evil versions of Clark and Bruce.
neutralgrey
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -

As it stands, while I can get why some people didn’t like TLJ I just can’t understan the utter hatred some people have for not just the movie for the people involved in the movie.
TheSupremePatriarch

Plinkett also pointed out a good bit about Holdo and Leia by shoving in Star Trek. How a real leader takes in options form informed subordinates and tries to get something of a consensus. Instead of “follow me without question, don’t think about my shaky, apparently suicidal decisions, don’t rise above your post”.

But maybe that’s just how Rian views leadership….

…Goddamn, what an asshole.
Darth Prime
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

The Tom Hardy Stormtropper deleted scene is an example of a neat idea that’s ruined by horrible executed.

So you have a random Stormy that recognizes Finn doesn’t know he’s defected see’s him in an officers uniform so he assumes he’s just been promoted and he’s happy for him happy that someone like him that he knew “made it”.  
And I like that it’s very humanizing it shows that underneath that white armor that symbol of oppression is a person and I love it when Stormtroopers are humanized it adds a layer of moral ambiguity to something that’s usually black and white.

That problem of course is how far it goes in “humanizing”.  
The Stormy startes off saying that he knows he’s braking protocol by initiating contact with an officer he’s trying to be respectful to he’s superior but then he starts getting goofy and gives Finn a congratulatory ass smack.  
Sorry what?  
It’s such a nice scene in concept but they just had to go and make it all jokey.

But whatever it’s not even in the finished movie so who cares.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@TheSupremePatriarch  
Oh sure if we ignore the dumb parts of Star Trek and just focus only on the good parts of it when comparing this with Star Trek it’s super easy to say Star Trek is better.

Also Janway made admiral so clearly Starfleet would give a big thumbs up to Holdo’s command style by that logic.
TheSupremePatriarch

@Darth Prime  
Whoa there. Just hold up. I was in no way insinuating that Star Trek > Star Wars.

Star Trek’s no stranger to stupid bullshit that people could fill entire book sets on. Besides the Picard thing was an just example of what a real leader does. That’s all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide