Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #FE3C
Guess who’s back.
full

Awesome!

@Background Pony #02F1  
Well what it really means is that Trump wanted someone to blame for all of this (and sic his Attorney General lapdog on). Because despite what he thinks, the US government doesn’t actually have the legal authority to designate a domestic group as a terrorist organization. Their ideology is legally protected by the First Amendment, and declaring them a terrorist organization on that basis would be unconstitutional. It’s why US law mostly reserves the terrorist designation for foreign groups, since they aren’t protected by the constitution.
And aside from that, federal law enforcement officials would actually agree with you that, in spite of some activists being highly organized at the local level, most “Antifa” groups are vaguely defined and don’t really have a central leadership, making a designation like that even more difficult to apply.
But again, whether they make the designation or not is not really the point. Having a scapegoat, specifically a left leaning scapegoat, is what’s important to Trump here. He and his people have very deliberately avoided discussing the various right-wing extremists who have been involved in recent events, and their exclusive focus on one side ignores a significant and increasingly problematic aspect of what is actually happening.

Firstly, that hasn’t stopped the FBI from labelling white supremacists as terrorists. Secondly, Antifa is a textbook example of a domestic terror group: highly decentralized, consists of “cells” in major cities that gather and plan violent activity, and spread ideological propaganda on social media. People who claim “oh well it’s not really an organization” aren’t willing to admit that it has had a massive impact on the political landscape in the country in the last several years, simply by making it impossible for opposition to peaceably assemble. Also, why does Trump need a scapegoat? There’s evidence of three different groups causing widespread destruction and mayhem: hoodlums who took the first opportunity to loot (see what happened after Hurricane Katrina), Antifa, and local police. People who try to shift the blame onto “right-wingers” don’t want to admit that consistently rewarding such riots is what led to this moment. Nor are anti-lockdown protests remotely comparable, because last I checked precincts weren’t being burned or people beaten at those.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Honestly if we could get rid of antifa, sjw and all that the world will become a better place. This cancer has been with us now for the past 6-7 years or so. It was there before but not to this extent. Its crept into everything now. Much of our culture have stranded or stagnated. When I was a wee lad we were concerned with freedom of speech. Now they are concerned with limiting it. And everything else. When a 90s democrat is considered right wing by this crowd its gone to far. Men hate women. Women hate men. Gender dont exist or something. The best countries in the world that everyone is trying to get into is considered evil by the youth that live in them. I wanna get of the ride…
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@NitroFury  
They were always there in the background. The world dealt with that in 1945. We already hate and condemn them. But the left get a free pass. And the result is there for everyone to see now. Chaos.
Background Pony #FE3C
@silbasa  
full

@NitroFury  
When the Overton Window shifts so far left that the people who fought against the actual Nazis get labeled “Nazis,” then the term “far-right wing extremist” loses all meaning.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #FE3C  
And when it shifts so far right that the actual Nazis get labeled “very fine people” by the president, then maybe you should consider whether you’re not the one who forgot its meaning.
Background Pony #FE3C
@Ereiam  
How long are people going to be taking a statement and event completely out of context? It’s an Orwellian usage of words at this point.  
full
Background Pony #FE3C
@Ereiam  
The point I’m making is that the modern equivalent of the Reichstag Fire is being used as justification for suppression of political dissidence as well as to smear anyone who didn’t jump to a one-sided conclusion from the start. That’s all I’ll say about it.  
There is such partisan bickering going on instead of looking at root causes. It’s an instinctual desire to remove as much blame from one side as possible and shunt it onto the other. That meme going around “orange man bad” may actually be accurately describing many people’s mentalities.  
full
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Fox News is now nudge nudge wink wink-ing that Trump should run on as a “Law and Order” candidate.

This has a chance to succeed or fail spectacularly.

A) Nixon successfully ran on this (drawing even more comparisons). And during a time of crisis the “Rally around the Flag” effect is a strong phenomena. Combined with the absolute incompetence that is the Democratic party, there’ll likely be little to call them out on it.

B) Trump has ran on “Law and Order” from the start. It clearly didn’t work. Also trying to say ‘This is how I would’ve handled it’ doesn’t work when “it” happened under your watch. Not only that but this has caused increased scrutiny and critique of “Law and Order” candidates Biden has been putting forward as his VP. When trust in “Law and Order” is at an all time low running on such a thing has the potential to backfire.

As always it’ll all come down to whoever controls the narrative.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Monde de merde
@Background Pony #FE3C  
Reichstag Fire? You mean like the stunt Infowars just tried to pull by setting a homeless man’s belongings on fire to try and blame it on the protesters?

But besides that, please explain me again how it’s Orwellian to call Trump out on daring to assimilate all but literal Nazis as “very fine people” (when even the Mike Godwin of Godwin’s Law himself agrees on the term, there’s no room left for ambiguity).
Background Pony #FE3C
@Vivace  
It’s ironic how they set themselves in opposition to CNN yet fall to the same moral level. They have been increasingly distrusted since at least 2017.
Background Pony #02F1
Trump has ran on “Law and Order” from the start. It clearly didn’t work. Also trying to say ‘This is how I would’ve handled it’ doesn’t work when “it” happened under your watch.
I keep wondering what effect, if any, the events of the past few days are going to have on his chances of winning again. I mean I’m sure his base is going to latch on to the Antifa thing and cheer on his call for stronger use of force, but will everyone else? There is still some expectancy in the US, I think, for a leader to appear in times of crisis and urge unity and working together and take responsibility for a situation. And Trump very obviously has no interest in doing that. And you have to ask, will people voting several months from now look back and remember Trump cowering in a bunker, tweeting quotes from racists, threatening to unleash dogs on protestors, and insulting the city and state officials who were struggling to contain an out of control situation? Will they remember him barely interested in the family, never addressing the people, and more focused on a feud with Twitter than further police brutality of a kind he once called for? I’d like to think some of that will matter, in the midst of economic woes and an ongoing viral pandemic, but memories are short and by the time we make it to November this could be a dim memory behind another dozen plus Trump related outrages.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide