Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6180
@Background Pony #02F1  
I think most people who really care and already did not have their minds made up on Trump will see this more as an issue with the state and the police. Since Trump didn’t come out and say “Yeah, fuck that guy he deserved it” I think they will see it as neither a plus or minus to Trump since this kind of stuff would have existed even before he came to power.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Trump spent the other day in the White House bunker due to the protests outside the White House lawn. Which is good since these thing can and have been taking a turn to the violent, so as President he needs to take precaution.

But the big bad tough guy still spent the entire time tweeting out threats and provocations to those protesters from the safety of the bunker. With 0 chance of him being harmed he was daring them to try something so they and his secret service would get killed. Meanwhile the White House itself - a symbol usually lit up 24 hours a day to provide guidance and reassurance - shut off all lights as if to say “Nobody’s home”.

What a little bitch.
Background Pony #FE3C
@Dustcan  
Considering this was permitted to happen in downtown D.C., one of the most militarized parts of America, the loss of prestige the whole country faces is enormous. If this happened in another stable country like Russia or Japan the implication would be that collapse is imminent. Collapse is not imminent but the perception is one of weakness. It’s similar to revolutions in history where the head of state is effectively trapped in the capital, except in this case rather than an organized political opposition it’s just a bunch of looters. In other words, it’s an EPIC FAIL  
Background Pony #FE3C
@igotnopicks  
It’s standard procedure and any recent president would not do things differently, except maybe giving a mediocre speech instead of tweeting. The problem is how it got to this point. The police were more than equipped to put a stop to the looters at any point but they merely stood by.
Background Pony #6180
@Background Pony #FE3C  
I disagree on this, to me letting the protesters proteat right there at the capital continues to show the world that we are not a people to cover up our problems just to make things seem like they are ok. Trying to kick the protesters out would have been much worse.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Dustcan  
Unsurprisingly he’s calling for Governers to be dominate and how they’re being pushovers

And he’s saying this while hiding in a bunker
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Kiryu-Chan

A 180 from just a few weeks ago when he was screaming how governors should be following the federal government in response to governors taking charge of the crisis.

Which, incidentally, they only did because Trump said they were on their own.
Background Pony #FE3C
@CaptainXtra  
“Stubborn” would imply I’m merely here to debate or stir up controversy. I’m sharing useful info and links so people can be better informed. And yes, I am anti-protest because 1) rioting is just wrong, 2) the aim has been to race-bait when police brutality affects everyone, and 3) focusing on one incident of police brutality is pointless and will do nothing to curb the issue (likely only making it worse). If there was a non-violent protest against the abuse of girls like Ellie Williams, who was abused less than two weeks ago, I would be fully in favor of it. I recommend everyone, especially those in Britain, to learn about this horrific tragedy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_lUZbZqedI

By bringing out the worst of people in the short-term chronic problems do not get addressed.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Dear US Police Department of Minneapolis,

In the interest of international diplomatic relations, it may not be such a good idea to shoot rubber bullets at a well known German journalist (Stefan Simons/Deutsche Welle). Especially not live during a shoot directly in front of the camera. This could perhaps upset the people in this country just a little and give the impression that the US doesn’t like the freedom of the press so much right now.

I just wanted to say this, just in case the police in Minneapolis forgot how to tell the difference between people with cameras and bulletproof vests - with “press” written in fat letters on it - from looters or protesters. Especially when these journalists stand alone on the street hundreds of meters away. Well, maybe a mistake can happen at night. But as the chief of police responsible, I would now be wondering what would have happened if Mr Simons had been shot in the head instead. Like I said, live on camera. It might not have been fatal, but it certainly would have looked really ugly. This does not necessarily increase confidence in the capabilities of the US police forces.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
I got one question for these Conservatives, be honest with me. If you want to label Antifa (Anti-Facists) as terrorists, should actual Facists count as terrorists as well?

If you say no, then I suggest you find the pieces of your morality cause its already broken.
Background Pony #FE3C
@NitroFury  
Terrorism is not an ideology, it is the pursuit of an ideology. If anything radical = terrorism, then one must ban all communists, all anarchists (including libertarians), all NazBols, all radical environmentalists, basically anyone who does not fit in the two-party dichotomy.

AntiFA does not stand for “anti-fascist” despite what they claim, it stands for anti-first-amendment. If you organize and disrupt peaceful gatherings and cause physical violence to people such that they are unwilling to express political views, that is terrorism. If actual fascists or any other group were doing the same thing, they would be terrorists as well.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
Flag of Treason.

Hot damn. Every time the Lincoln Project comes out of the woodwork I find myself saying ‘This is exactly why I used to be a Republican.’

Can the current Tea Party Republicans finally go the way of the Whig Party already?
Background Pony #FE3C
so I have no sympathy for him and am glad he got his ass beaten

Before you throw away all the moral lessons that MLP sought to bestow, it’s worth considering that woot is not exactly the most impartial of sources: >>2362292 (deleted)

Also, he’s not even right-wing, considering this tweet of his from earlier.  
full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide