Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #6180
@Latecomer  
Because rioters burning businesses and assaulting people screams “I should be well armed to defend myself since the cops can’t/won’t”.
Background Pony #FE3C
@NitroFury  
When has been the last time that a bunch of right-wingers have torched a city, looting stores and burning police stations? If this was a right-wing protest of some sort that went out of control and injured and killed people in multiple cities, every politician, media outlet, and public figure would condemn it immediately and advocate a complete suppression and arrest with the police forces. “The Right” is such a bogeyman in the popular mind despite (aside from wishy-washy Conservativism Inc.) being politically insignificant. Could this be due to manipulation? You have to decide that for yourself.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@NitroFury  
Read my previous answer.

full

Heres a big part of the problem. White guilt penance “cucks”. There no “lets move forward together!”, just this bullshit.
Background Pony #9BB0
Handled the Maria hurricane in a way that made Bush’s response to Katrina look masterful  
Will very likely lead us into a depression because of huge tax cuts for the rich and tariffs  
Completely botched response to a pandemic  
Caused riots

Why are we still pretending the Trump presidency has been anything other than a complete failure?

And why isn’t Biden running campaign ads highlighting Trump’s failures?
Background Pony #FE3C
@Ereiam  
The fact that there is only one well-trodden incident brought up every time indicates my point is very valid. Moreover, even that incident doesn’t come close to what’s going on now with very one-sided violence and my multiple cities point. Despite the relatively tiny scale, the protestors then received almost exclusively negative coverage and the President’s “very fine people on both sides” comment was harangued endlessly. Compare that to what’s going on now and it proves my point. Were the right-wing bogeyman as powerful or vicious as implied then we would see more right-wing protests at least as inflammatory, as large-scale and violent as the riots now, and recurring fairly often. Unfortunately, any renewed debate over that tragic event would merely end in deadlock because its usefulness as a political leverage tool is too much to permit ingenuous discussion.

@Background Pony #9BB0  
No offense intended, but  
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
I am confused about something guys. I dont know where to post it, I guess here or the vent thread? I dont know, here I go.

Why do people have a lot of high support in #BlacksLivesMatter today, just when many years ago, it was considered a disliked violent angry mob that wanted all cops killed and assaulting other people was their main priority?
Vultraz
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

God of Keyboard Dusting
@[Ω]  
One, the public has poor memory. Two, the Trump presidency and the resulting DNC initiative to push the Democrats further and further left.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@NitroFury
When has been the last time that a bunch of right-wingers have torched a city, looting stores and burning police stations? If this was a right-wing protest of some sort that went out of control and injured and killed people in multiple cities, every politician, media outlet, and public figure would condemn it immediately and advocate a complete suppression and arrest with the police forces. “The Right” is such a bogeyman in the popular mind despite (aside from wishy-washy Conservativism Inc.) being politically insignificant. Could this be due to manipulation? You have to decide that for yourself.

Tulsa riots.
Vultraz
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

God of Keyboard Dusting
@NitroFury  
Because there was never any police brutality under a Democrat presidency, right? Perhaps it could have to do with police unions, or any number of specific factors rather than “blaming that party that’s in power that I don’t like right now”. The federal government is not meant to deal with city police.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide