Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
@Zincy  
I don’t know anything about it other than it was faked out of jealousy and possibly left social justice rage or something. Regardless, cancel culture is truly awful and it is sad how so many try to normalize it as “holding accountability”. Doubly so for internal policing of dogma within these more progressive cultural groups. I do think politicians and people with real power are trying to appropriate the panic over cancel culture and they should be held accountable–ick, I can’t stand that phrase knowing the what it means in the legalistic progressive discourse that is sweeping the country–but mid tier “famous” people, everyday joes and especially your friends should be left from the coals even if the situation looks a bit murky at first.

No one should doubt that it happens on the right either even if we haven’t got as organized at it (yet).

@Dustcan  
That is more outrageous than the over dramatized law itself.

@ᏰᎯᎠᎻᎬᎯᏒᎿ  
West as a whole I would say is overly domesticated West Texas though, would totally agree but I suppose we are still too wild for the fever dreams of the technocrats, academia and corporations who all want to police us for various self interests.
Background Pony #1F81
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
From what i can gather, literally nothing.

Haven’t been paying too close attention t this, but apparently it was done by an ex-mod from his streams after Vinnie removed him and this is them trying to get “payback”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Virginia continues to be a shining spot in the south.

VA became the first southern state to ban the “gay panic” defense.

This is a common legal defense where a person receives a lesser sentence, often dropping from murder to manslaughter, by claiming they “panicked” when confronted by advances from a same sex person.

While it has been invoked less and less over the years, due to deeper scrutiny and increasingly stringent hate crime laws, it nevertheless still pops up from time to time. Now, it is no longer a valid defense in VA.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dustcan  
Yes, there is. The ‘homosexual panic disorder’ has been used primarily in cases where the guilt of the defendant is unquestioned but they acted in “self-defense” to a “homosexual advance”.

Generally the defendant is not acquitted, but is instead convicted of a lesser crime. Perhaps the most famous example was the murder of Scott Amedure.

If you would like to know more, there’s additional information on the LGBTBAR site
Background Pony #C34A
@Ebalosus  
Oh fuck i never saw this garbage you posted

Also, Kiwifarms is based because it stood up to my government and told it to get fucked. It’s also a good source of info on lolcows.

2 months late sure but let it be known for the record that Ebalosus publicly praised with neo nazi stalkers from KiwiFarms. Thank you Ebalosus for definitely showing to me nothing you have to say now is worth anything. Here is a quick reminder of what Joshua Connor Moon, head honcho of your based KiwiFarms did ,courtesy of RationalWikia.Go there for the sources

He is loosely associated with the alt-right.
Moon supports Trump, referred to Obama as “The Nigger in chief”, [19][20] and believes in the racist and rank white genocide conspiracy theory.[21][22]
He thinks feminism ruins Western culture and says the word “cuck” a lot, probably because it rolls off the tongue well. And the company he keeps are overtly racist and spouting about “white genocide” and wanting to destroy feminism with fire.[23]
More controversially, he has posted that Muslims and refugees need to be killed.[24][25] […]
He is also an anti-semite.[26][27]
He’s pro-Julian Assange. Saying he would rather be “set on fire by ISIS” than deal with the UK Government in reference to Assange’s recent arrest. [28]
His own mom was a Kiwi member[29][30] and has been in trouble with the police.[31] She also worked for Keller Williams as a Realtor,[32] up until she was fired for when her activity on this site got seemingly exposed.[33]
Banned[edit]
He was banned from YouTube due to bullying and harassment.
His @KiwiFarms Twitter account was permanently suspended for racism.[9][34]
He was also apparently banned from PayPal.[35]
He was sacked as an admin for 8chan for allegedly promoting pedophilia

Once again, thank you Ebalosus, now i know your true worth.Dont let me stand in your way,you’re probably have some Chris Chan antics to discuss.The 14 year stalking campaign of a mentally ill hick sure is a funny past time enjoyed by many free speech warriors i’m sure.You sure have the moral high ground
Background Pony #A0EA
@Background Pony #C34A  
Kiwifarms is hilarious in a really sad way because you can tell that the threads that obsess over certain people or groups are filled with people just as bad as those they cyber-stalk and try to dox. Every poster there is more pathetic than practically every subject of discussion by a country mile and a half, and just using a third-party forum to circlejerk eachother over how much they dislike someone that’s almost identical to them.

It exploded in popularity some years ago as the “anti-sjw” crowd started growing after some of the tumblr dramas, and it really is just filled with the basest of the base bottom dregs of tumblr keyword warriors that want to keep piling up on people for cringe and “receipts”, and channer detritus that you just know tried to start or derail a thread and couldn’t get their “personal army” to care about whoever it is that lives rent free in their head.

The cringiest thing on kiwifarms is its own users, and that’s not even going into how many of them are openly and very proudly racist, homophobic, and express desires to commit acts of violence against anyone they deem lesser for whatever stupid reason.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The Senate Parliamentarian, who btw is an Independent who has been serving since 2012 and has sided with both Dems and Reps over those years, has given the OK for Dems to pass the infrastructure bill (in two parts) through reconciliation.

Meaning Reps cannot block it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy

AFAIK the Parliamentarian saying no doesn’t mean the Dems can’t do the thing they said they’re trying to do, but him saying yes means the Dems either gotta get creative with their excuses now or actually have to do the thing they said they were going to do.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Dustcan

Provided Manchin doesn’t fuck it up, we might actually get an infrastructure bill passed for the first time in fucking eons.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Manchin’s sticking point seems to be the corporate tax hike. (He wants 25%, not 28%.) IIRC there are some weird rules around deficit spending on a reconciliation bill, so they may need to look for alternate sources of revenue if they don’t want to cut back on the $2 trillion.

And if they have any sense, they don’t want to cut back on the $2 trillion.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Speaking of spending, in more news from the “free market but not really” conservatives, many state and local law makers are now turning to tax codes and subsidies reform to punish ‘woke’ businesses.

Most recently, Georgia moved to pull fuel subsidies from Delta Airlines, and some are even proposing the very much democrat birthed plan of soda taxes on Coke.

The term “free market” is getting more tenuous by the day.

Meanwhile, Democrats are increasingly being praised by typically conservative organizations. Both the bailout, and the infrastructure bill (sans the corporate tax increase) have drawn praise from circles like the various Chambers of Commerce and the Club for Growth.

This follows a recent trend of middle, upper middle, and “low” upper class people (mostly in the sub and exurbs) moving left, while rural and “low middle” class people moving right.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Columbus police release suspect photo after white supremacist graffiti found on buildings [WISH-TV]

Police investigate white supremacist graffiti in downtown Columbus [Fox 59]

TL;DR Police in Columbus, Indiana are looking for a suspect that has vandalized buildings in downtown Columbus over the weekend. The logo in question belongs to a White Supremacist group called “Patriot Front”, this logo was found on at least 10 buildings, among them was the Cummins Inc. Corporate Office Building. The FBI will be likely be involved in this case.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Zincy

Frankly, with this newfound obsession for Cancel Culture, hard on for regulation, opposition to baseball and Coca Cola, etc - and all because they’re going full Gollum over their precious Jim Crow 2.0 Georgia bill - I can’t help but feel that TvTropes should make an exception in their “No real life examples” of Motive Decay for the Republican party.

That or another trope needing updated about how the GOP is dropping all pretense that they don’t hate this country and what it stands for.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide