Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
“If I don’t know what that ingredient is, I don’t put it in my body.”  
Probably doesn’t know what substances exist in their body.

@Egil  
The “stupidity spreads like virus” gif from Spongebob.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
At this point, I’m waiting for the anti-vaxxers to tell me that the vaccine is giving people Stands.

Time to start practicing dramatic posing.
pixel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I know people who were at first talking about how Trump deserves credit for Operation Warp Speed but now that the vaccines are actually being distributed, they’ve gone full anti-vax.

I don’t know whether that’s more funny or sad to me.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@pixel

The funny part is their utter denial of that fact. They hand wave about a billion different excuses as to why they are suddenly concerned.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
OK, I’ll admit it - the trans and racial elements in that video are totally forced extras. Which is odd, cause the rest of the song is generic and sappy enough there was certainly time to explore them more thoroughly - were they included as part of some mandate or compromise?

…huh, this must be how you feel all the time. Glad I don’t.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Or more blatantly - like giving them their own songs instead of five-second verses.

Don’t worry Latecomer. As you get older you will see it as well.

I don’t know if aging has ever sacred me more…

As for the ad… well, yeah, it’s totally overegged. ON the other hand, military recruitment doesn’t usually tend to the subtle. And it’s apparently a real soldier, so…
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Minorities, teenagers, the poor, and the uneducated apparently aren’t worth 15 dollars an hour, but the average CEO should be worth millions according to Republicans.

Are CEOs useless? No, they do serve a function in a company as a policymaker, setting the direction, determining spending, etc. But they are in no way worth as much as they actually make. Especially considering they rely on the rest of the c-suite and all the upper managers to make their decisions.
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
Kids get the full complete package at a very young age now, yet they don’t even understand half what’s going on.

You underestimate the impressive learning capabilities that children have. They aren’t stupid, wholly manipulable blank slates – they often know how to process the information they receive, empathize with others, easily memorize what interests them, and even invent complex means of communication.  
They are capable of learning about LGBT+ identities and what they mean, and honestly, i believe it’s better to show it to them at a young age and help them adapt early to society (which has a growing number of LGBT+ people in it).
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@BadgingBadger  
I have worked as a teacher with children and I know a great deal about how they think and how malleable they can be. I would never have shown this to my younger students. We turned down all sorts of special interests groups all the time that wanted access to the classroom. Shaping the minds of young children is a very powerful tool to wield. We had the strictest guidelines from the government on what was allowed and what was not allowed.

Dumping the full weight of LGBTQ+/BLM ideology on a 6-7 year old is not a good idea. This needs to come later gradually, having this shown so brazenly on Nickelodeon is shocking to me and I bet there will be a ton of parents protesting it.

Adapting kids to how 5% of the population is with such heavy handed means is very radical. Kids at this age or younger dont have formed identities yet. They dont really fully understand what sex or gender is. They need that as a base to have a chance to understand what all of this even means.

( 5% estimate based on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States)

It’s super late here so I can’t comment anymore on this today, good day/night for now.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
To end it for now, this is the latest a recruitment ad for the US army: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYGFSONKbk
I wonder what kind of society America is becoming.

An inclusive society that welcomes the best of the best in its military regardless of who your parents were or what the color of your skin is?

What problem could you possibly have with that ad?
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
I have worked as a teacher with children and I know a great deal about how they think and how malleable they can be. I would never have shown this to my younger students. We turned down all sorts of special interests groups all the time that wanted access to the classroom. Shaping the minds of young children is a very powerful tool to wield. We had the strictest guidelines from the government on what was allowed and what was not allowed.

I understand where you’re coming from, but keep in mind that that’s a means for the government to ensure it has a monopoly on education and information. Not always is a government actually right about what should be available to children, and in most cases i would even say that governments favor educational ideologies that obscure reality and present an idealized, static and frictionless vision of human society to preserve the status quo. Obscuring knowlege about LGBT+ people from schoolchildren comes with its own set of problems such as perpetuating bullying and marginalization. Because society does not stay in one place forever, it is always important to push for change in education.  
Dumping the full weight of LGBTQ+/BLM ideology on a 6-7 year old is not a good idea. This needs to come later gradually, having this shown so brazenly on Nickelodeon is shocking to me and I bet there will be a ton of parents protesting it.

Again, parents protest against a lot of things when it comes to children and school, even when the children are okay with it. Often they don’t do so out of logical thinking, but out of a desire to control, and many parents indeed scrutinize their children for entertaining thoughts and behaviors outside the norm. One thing schools can and should do is clarify to students’ parents about what is being taught in class, and then invite them to try and disprove what is being taught: chances are the parents know almost nothing about the subject at hand and got their information on it from partisan sources without first trying to experience what is being taught.  
Adapting kids to how 5% of the population is with such heavy handed means is very radical.

I heavily disagree that LGBT+ people comprise only a twentieth of the population in the US. There are large ammounts of people both young and old who remain in the closet (so to speak) out of fear of social scrutiny. African-Americans barely comprise around 13% of the US population, does this mean that their history should not be taught or that their social, cultural and economic concerns are negligible?  
The number of people who don’t conform to traditional gender standards is steadily rising over the years and successive generations – the 1950’s-era WASP nuclear family with its strict gender and work roles being the only available option is no longer logical in our modern 21st century capitalist society, and attempts at indoctrination to make it appear otherwise so far seem to be failing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide