Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Violet Rose in The Rain

Yes, but he’s been leaning into Trumpism specifically to push his name to the top.

Which is why I think he’ll fail at the RNC. Trump can make “Say the quiet part out loud because I’m too stupid to know how dogwhistles work” work because he legit is too stupid to know how dogwhistles work, but DeSantis specifically only plays an idiot. He’ll be wishy washy with his racism without reveling in proud ignorance, which will leave him with no happy voters as the 2 remaining Republican voters who still haven’t caught on to their party’s bigotry will be turned off while the rest of the voterbase will get pissed because he’s not embracing the racism. So I see him getting drowned out by the other dozen or so people on the stage trying to lean into Trumpism-but-not-really, only to lose to someone who commits fully to their brand of fascism to be the one Rep voters say “My guy!”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
A few days ago there was a bombshell leak showing just how the ultra-wealthy game the tax system and evade trillions - literal trillions with a T! - in taxes. This includes Jeff Bezos somehow being so poor that the government gave him $4000 for his kid.

Yes, re-read that last sentence again.

So what is the government’s response? Well, Gizmodo put it best.

This week, ProPublica released a massive scoop—a treasure trove of financial records showing how some of the U.S.’s wealthiest billionaires scamper off with virtually no tax burden. And the U.S. government knows exactly what to do in response: find whoever released those embarrassing records and incarcerate the shit out of them.
Priorities, people!
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Dustcan

Is that trillions in real money, or in stock, because the latter is something that isn’t really easily turned into money. It’s what is often missed when discussing the issue of wealth, because people talk about stock as if it’s analogous to money, when in fact it’s better thought of as something akin to Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies: something that has subjective value, and is merely representative of objective value in the eyes of those who value it.
Background Pony #B58B
So what is the government’s response? Well, Gizmodo put it best.
This week, ProPublica released a massive scoop—a treasure trove of financial records showing how some of the U.S.’s wealthiest billionaires scamper off with virtually no tax burden. And the U.S. government knows exactly what to do in response: find whoever released those embarrassing records and incarcerate the shit out of them.
Priorities, people!
You know, as much as I empathize with the writer of the article and am genuinely disgusted with the fact that a select group of people who make my yearly salary in less than a minute can sometimes avoid paying taxes altogether, you can’t really complain about DOJ “priorities” when the appalling and unfortunate reality of the situation is something the ProPublica article said flat out.  
The IRS records show that the wealthiest can — perfectly legally — pay income taxes that are only a tiny fraction of the hundreds of millions, if not billions, their fortunes grow each year.
Point being that as much as I (and undoubtedly a vast number of other people) would love to see the DOJ go after all those ultra rich, exploiting loopholes isn’t really a crime here. Unlike leaking confidential government information, which as your article points out, absolutely is. Not to mention that the leak kind of obligates them to do the investigation regardless of any other feelings on the matter.  
Of course, the tax records likely were obtained in some illegal manner before they were released to ProPublica. And even if the IRS sympathized with those on the shitty end of the billionaires’ inequality stick—not that they do—looking the other way is not an option in any way, especially as the feds must determine if any IRS officials were involved in the leak or IRS systems were compromised by hackers. (According to the Financial Times, 30-year IRS small business division veteran Eric Hylton said he had “not seen a leak such as this in my entire career” and found the idea it originated with IRS personnel hard to believe.)
So yeah, galling as the whole situation might be, their priority is (correctly) the item which is actually a crime, not the item we all wish would be.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@BadgingBadger  
Oh my you linked to Stonewall 🤔 Most UK government agencies are withdrawing from their radical views. Where I live LGBTQ was not obscured at all but it was presented in more suitable forms. Imagine showing that video in a class with muslim students for instance. There would be a rebellion. Throwing around social dynamite like this left and right is not always the best move.

@Zincy  
30 jobs? I have a 4 year university education as a teacher. My focus after the mandatory general courses was history and social studies. I worked as a teacher for a while but the administrative parts of the job completely burned me out.

@NitroFury  
@Latecomer  
That’s why you teach them when they have a foundation for understanding what you are teaching them. Most kids don’t have that at age 5-6. 10+ you can start. Tasteful and gentle imo, not full on splash rainbow/BLM flag Nickelodeon style but more the “respect people that are different” style.
Latecomer

@silbasa  
How are they supposed to have a foundation without you laying it? I mean, cartoons, picture books and music videos are all well and good, but parents and teachers need to do their part too and not leave it all to the media.
silbasa
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer  
Of course. What I am trying to formulate is that a child needs to have reached a certain stage in their cognitive development before they can fully understand topics this advanced. In the beginning one can for instance explain that sometimes two men can become boyfriends and that’s ok. Sometimes two girls can become girlfriends, some kids have two moms etc. Carefully. In this period of a child’s life an educator holds great power and must use it very responsibly. I would not dump them into the deep end of the political pool and start to explain BLM and drag queens to a six year old like Nickelodeon does.

And it’s not fun getting the angry parent on the phone after teaching kids about these more controversial subjects either… 😅
Latecomer

@silbasa  
Indeed, it’s best to teach such things in a clear and proper way, like other social ideas and conventions. (Which is to say, the teacher plays a part, but so do parents and media and even peers.)
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
Well that’s interesting. According to Gab the reason Trump never got an account there was because the Kushner administration (Jared Kushner) wouldn’t allow Trump to use Gab, unless Andrew Torba banned users who criticized Israel.
Kazapsky

Five scoops of ice cream
@pixel

Because the people most likely to run their mouths about “free speech” are the ones who want it to protect “hate speech”.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I love that the newest vaccine “truth” involves a woman claiming to be magnetic and sticking a key made of nonferrous material to herself.

So not only would the vaccine give you magnet powers, but also the power to defy physics.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Why is it that every time a “free speech alternative” comes out, it’s immediately overrun by anti-Semites?

Because the Free Speech alternatives ends up turning into a Far-Right safespace in the end and either gets shuts down or gets infested with CP. Not joking, those two things happens.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@pixel  
There was once upon a time when such platform would be chock filled with leftist and or woke ideas. Imo it’s just the zeitgeist, really.

@Zincy

The vaccine.

full

Depending on how far you are on the Jojo anime/manga, this reference may go over your head.
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
There was once upon a time when such platform would be chock filled with leftist and or woke ideas. Imo it’s just the zeitgeist, really

Some free speech platforms still are, to be honest. Freedom of speech can be a very useful tool to the subversive (communists, anti-racists, the LGBT+, labor activists, etc.) and it is also a given that governments and other powerful entities will do anything in their power to sweep them under the rug (using other forms of censorship such as unemployment, denial of platform, extra-official intimidation, etc.). Just ask BDS, or any of the major worker’s strike movements that have been victim to some downright creepy meddling from the corporate apparatus…
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
Oh my you linked to Stonewall 🤔 Most UK government agencies are withdrawing from their radical views.

Which is terrible news if true, given the importance of Stonewall in kickstarting the LGBT+ movement as a social force and the rich history it has had. Of course the UK government disagrees with radical activism, that’s what every government’s role is, especially a tory government!  
Where I live LGBTQ was not obscured at all but it was presented in more suitable forms. Imagine showing that video in a class with muslim students for instance.

But you said that children were incapable of understanding LGBT+ ideology? How the hell are they be able to understand islamic fundamentalism, then? That kind of reeks of anti-muslim essentialism, i’ll be honest.  
The point of this sort of education is to challenge prejudice and ideology, otherwise educators are left hostage at the hands of conservative elements, immiserated by an inability to help students who might actually be LGBT+. Such education has to be paired with solidarity and joint struggle as well, which is always a powerful way to convince personally conservative people of the humanity of the other.  
There would be a rebellion. Throwing around social dynamite like this left and right is not always the best move.

Then we are not in agreement about how social change is supposed to be made. “Social dynamite” is an intrinsic part of it, and often is the only way to move things forward. The Civil Rights movements did not go far by politely staying in the sidelines and adopting a gradualist approach – the state and society, when in power, will always crack down on any dissent of this sort, no matter how small it is.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@BadgingBadger  
fun fact: while children will have a very hard time understanding the core concept of islamic extremism,* They won’t have an issue understanding what is out of line due to peer pressure and social conditioning. The main aim of indoctrination isn’t understanding. It’s to put children in line, by telling them what their axioms should be.

*(I hate the term islamic fundamentalism because I’m a fundamentalist myself. I grind my fundamentals, the BASIC stuff. Them’s stuff taught by wahabi / NoI / muslim brotherhood / etc are ADVANCED stuff that requires history and politics. It’s no longer pure islamic theology)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide