Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

I should also point out that some of my relatives from Macedonia (or North Macedonia as they now call it) occasionally call us to check if we’re alright whenever they hear of something terrible happening in the US, like a mass shooting.
Macedonia is one of those developing countries.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
When I was in school, sexual humiliation and violence was almost daily. I’m not a usual case, but also not alone.
We think that LGBT is sexualizing kids, but in my experience, the hypersexualization came mostly from people who identify as straight. In my schools kids where having underaged sex as a status symbol, nothing gay was going on. ‘Gay’ was the ultimate insult for sexually humiliating kids who are not interested in underaged sex, an insult for anyone wierd or unpopular.
There was constant pressure to participate in sexual and violent discourse, it was always about a fight, or who’s fucking who.
A lot of these school shootings are copycat. They mimic the hyper aggressive, hyper sexual behavior I’m talking about.
Hatred for Lgbt fuels into this violent behavior. It’s being used as a slur between straight people, to shame virgins. the same people who hate gays are the same people having underaged sex and being violent at school. the hatred of gays also fuels into the idea that sex something we should hate each other over. I’m sure plenty of kids have had underaged sex just to lose their v-card and prove they are not gay, I know one atleast.
Even though these mass shootings are such a small number of actual shootings, they are the most shocking, and antisocial, and they harbor disregard for human life, while destabilizing the gun control debates. We have to get rid of them. If we get rid of any shootings, we need to stop the children and young adults from doing this. We have to end the culture that allows this hypersexual, hyperagressive behavior to be seen as cool.
School shooters are not cool, they’re broken cowards. Victims in a way, not that we can ever justify their actions.
We need to take the feelings of children seriously, or they will grow into psychopath adults. Our entire national security can be compromised because of a couple of copy cat killers, because some football players called some quite kids a “fag” one too many times.
Posted Report
Latecomer

Regarding the above gun discussions… some people may know I’m a hardcore gun control nut who would get a deep joy from seeing the Second Amendment ripped up and burnt. However, in the current climate where the state cannot guarantee stability and safety and radical elements seem to be all over, I can’t say vulnerable groups are wrong for arming themselves. I can only hope that doing so does not prevent them from supporting anti-gun policies in saner times… if America ever arrives in some.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@The Smiling Pony
I think it’s perfectly valid to be upset at the fact that the US is becoming a third-world country.
It’s like telling a parent who’s upset their child has become mentally challenged due to a brain injury “well lots of kids are mentally challenged”.
No, it’s more like a parent upset that their kid with a scraped knee isn’t put first in line at the ER while a dozen other kids around them have bones jutting out their body. Demanding the UN send peacekeepers into Alabama or the EU impose sanctions on Florida legislators while so much far worse shit is going on is just absurd and speaks to a radical american/western-centric view of the world bordering on “there’s us civilized people, and the rest”.
Posted Report
MethidMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

My point still stands: there’s nothing wrong per se of worrying about one’s country getting worse.
True there are countries that are much worse off than we are, but we would prefer our country to not ever get to that point so of course some of us are going to be concerned when we feel our country is getting closer to being a shithole country.
Maybe the UN interfering is asking too much but I don’t think it’s asking too much to want changes to happen for the better, whatever kind of changes they may be.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@The Smiling Pony
That’s just one of the many benefits of the “America First” trickle down approach to economics, medicine, information, legal representation … all of it. Freedom … sexual access to the underaged youths of other countries … access to education … access to abortion or medical care during pregnancy …
After all, if you don’t help the richest and most affluent first, then when will it be OUR turn? Can’t expect the poor to pony up, so better to help those with the most first. That way everyone else can benefit from their left-overs.
Even social justice warriors in the US are America First now, it seems.
Kind of like when you see someone who’s been bullied their whole life finally get a backbone and a stick in their hands. Do they punch up? Of course not - they find someone worse off than themselves and start punching down.
But, that’s just how it looks from over here.
small
Posted Report
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Regarding gun violence in the US, this article came out last year.
Two Professors went through a whole bunch of trouble to profile hundreds of mass shooters in the US, and they’re finding commonalities between all of them. Namely, that these people grow up in violent, toxic environments, are instilled with large amounts of self-hatred they end up externalizing to people around them, and their mass shootings are almost always intended to be elaborate suicide attempts that take a bunch of people with them.
They criticize the either/or attitude toward gun control and mental health/social worker outreach, and note that both parties seem to have zero interest in actually funding community mental health services.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Xbox is getting a setting that PCs have had for years and the right-wing outrage machine paints it like the next culture war.
Fucking thin skinned morons.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
MAGA is just a death cult. They just want people to die.
Ukraine has announced they are retreating from the Russian occupied town of Soledar to “preserve personnel”. This months long campaign marks one of the few times Russia hasn’t lost territory since the start of the war.
Posted Report
Beth
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Dustcan
nicotine itself seems to be a psychostimulant with little evidence supporting its link to cancer. this class of drug is still dumb, you just become dependant and return to baseline. Now you need that cigarette to feel normal the same way you would if you never smoked at all. Cocaine, Meth, Heroine and Alcohol are much more powerful psycho-stimulants*
However when you’re smoking tobacco you’re combusting plant matter. Endless bizarre chemicals and carbonaceous compounds are made this way. Burning plants into your lungs doesn’t seem very smart.
Burning weed into your lungs is not as strongly linked to cancer. I assume just because of less combusted plant matter, weed smokers don’t smoke a twenty pack of joints a day. A lot of smokers compulsively finish a whole 20 pack of cigarettes a day. Healthy active people should avoid marijuana and tobacco.
Burning any plant matter to inhale its gasses can contribute to cancer. If you’re going to smoke because you don’t care, don’t make it a compulsion.
*depressants like painkillers and alcohol even marijuana have profound stimulant effects on some parts of the body, like the amygdala. their addictive tendencies are all pretty similar, Heroine and Meth being some of the worst, while Nicotine, Caffeine, and Alcohol is the most shoved down our faces.
Cigarette smoking has a loose correlation with intelligence. Not because the drug isn’t cancerous or stupid, but because it only last 15 minutes or so, while many other drugs of addiction can last hours and take over your day. It’s a huge risk, when proper diet and exercise has a much stronger link to cognitive enhancement.
Tobacco and high blood pressure are two of the biggest causes of preventable death. In most common folk preventable death would look something like tobacco, obesity, then alcohol. Outside of but sometimes related to substance is vehicle accidents in people in ages 20-30. Nothing glorious about smoking, but compared to other substances the deaths are inflated because of the social acceptability, and co administration/complications, more than the danger of the tobacco itself.
Weed is conveniently linked to no deaths as they say, but this is horse shit, it causes bronchiospasms, heart attacks, vehicle accidents, anxiety attacks, and psychosis. You should be skeptical about how science frames any drug, science can be tilted for dishonest motivations.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide