The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Background Pony #AF54
@northern haste  
You were correct. Doug claims in the review that Michael Bay was a producer on Battleship and uses it as an excuse to crap on him, even though he wasn’t a producer on the film at all. In fact, one quick look at Battleship’s cast & crew page on IMDb reveals he had no involvement with the movie whatsoever.

Honestly, Doug really needs to get over his hateboner for Michael Bay. I’m not a big fan of the guy myself, but Doug pretty much treats him like he’s the devil.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #AF54  
Doug also got alot of things wrong in his “Super Mario Super Show” review… Like he bashed it for calling Bowser “King Koopa,” unaware that’s actually his original Japanese name, and back in the ‘80s it was still used as his name sometimes in some merchandise as a result. (A few SMB3 episodes did refer to him as “Bowser” though, and imply his full name is “King Bowser Koopa.” So it’s similar to the whole “Dr. Ivo ‘Eggman’ Robotnik” confusion.)  
I also thought it was kinda biased he bashed the Mario cartoon, but stated the Zelda cartoon was great, even though it was just as corny.

I think the internet in general needs to get over Bay… (I gets old.) I’ll even admit, I actually liked some of his movies, particularly “Armegeddeon” with Bruce Willis. (When I was young, everybody loved that movie.) I’ll even admit his “bad” Transformers movies are still enjoyable, despite their flaws.

And as I pointed out on the previous page Bay also gets wrongfully blamed for the TMNT movies too, which he was barely involved in, as well.
northern haste
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
Call this a nitpick if you like but I feel like he is in no States to criticize companies but not doing original ideas.  
Considering pretty much everything he does relies on something somebody else made. Even the movies were just full of copying disguised as references
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
As a Power Rangers fan,the mistake of his that sticks out the most to me was in his short dismissive video on MMPR the Movie. He says that Adam and Aisha replaced Zack and Trini because of their races. He makes absolutely no mention of Rocky replacing Jason. He later said he meant his comments as a joke.  
Alright.  
I think he just didn’t want to do the movie at all,and it shows,being one of his worst.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
Yeah, he misunderstood what Luigi meant about his older brother raising him. (There are cases of older siblings being legal guardians of their younger sibling, look at “Lilo & Stitch.” Heck, I have a brother old enough to be my parent too.)

Sadly, some people whom never seen the SMB movie STILL think that’s true…
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #AF54  
Yeah that’s something that really annoys me about Doug’s videos is that he needlessly always looks for an excuse to harp on someone even if there’s nothing wrong or if it even has anything to do with the main topic he’s covering. I swear Doug has never said anything about Zack Snyder in any of his previous work, but as soon as Man of Steel was made all of a sudden this guy is like Satan to him.

I also lost interest in anything he reviewed that had Jeff Goldblum in it because aside from the fact that I think he’s great but literally he just makes the exact same comment over and over and over again about how Goldblum inserts “Ums” into his sentences; I mean he’s one to talk given how much he does it in his videos.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Another hypocritical thing is, Doug always bashes comedians like Adam Sandler whom do shrill, hyperactive, loud-mouth characters, yet that’s pretty much what his NC character is.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah hypocrisy is one of Doug’s best talents, he’s pointed out on several occasions that he is a big fan of Gene Siskel and Roger Ebert as movie reviewers yet he doesn’t take their lessons on film analyzing seriously.

There’s also something to be said about what content he looks at cause while he does talk about things that he is familiar with, when he talks about a subject he knows nothing about he ends up looking like a doofus. That’s why I absolutely hated his Sailor Moon review because he doesn’t understand the source material nor does he show any consideration for the fanbase he just makes fun of the show for very weak or surface level reasons and also makes a lot of cringey jokes.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
Yeah, in fact, in his “Black Cauldron” review he complained about the character Gergie so much, (likening him to “being the Jar Jar Binks of the movie,” though honestly the character wasn’t that bad, or even in the movie that much) I ended up finding the NC more annoying then the character he was complaining about…

Whenever he tries to make a “running joke” in a video usually it falls flat. I liked it better when he balanced the negativity better, and in some older reviews he even sometimes praised negative aspects of certain movies as “so bad their good,” like in the “Langoliers,” he actually found amusement in the campy over the top preformances.
Background Pony #6E6A
@Dr_Osaka  
To be fair, hypocrisy is one of the biggest traits of the majority of the ex-CA staff as well.

It was just more noticeable in Doug from the get go.

@Background Pony #AF54

Remember how he gushed over the first Bay Transformers movie (his first video no less!) and still found the second one entertaining even though he felt it wasn’t as good? That seems unbelievable these days.
Background Pony #AF54
Here’s something you guys might find amusing. The Irate Gamer recently did a review of the Dick Tracy NES game (with a special guest appearance from The Angry Video Game Nerd no less), and during the review he takes multiple shots at the Nostalgia Critic, even referencing his infamous review of Pink Floyd: The Wall. You know something’s wrong with your content when even The Irate Gamer is calling you out on it. Either that or he’s getting back at Doug for taking a shot at him 12 years ago.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Dr_Osaka

His Star Trek month was insufferable for me to get through for that reason, as he only complained about either easy targets or surface-level complaints. Even with Linkara in the last one, they were unsalvageable.
Vortaxonus

@northern haste  
that actually reminds me on his comment about this one kid declaring himself king in Bridge of Terabithia and commenting on the fact that the princess (the kid’s sister) should be the daughter due to said title, despite this being Disney, who has another not one but two cases of kings/queens having a sibling with the title of prince/ss (obvsiouly Elsa/Anna from frozen, but also an earlier example with Richard/John “Phony King of England” from robin hood, the later more damning as he done a review of that 4 years before reviewing before terabithia).
Background Pony #6E6A
Doug corrected himself about Bay having nothing to do with Battleship recently, claiming he remembered it wrong while “researching” the movie.

Ah, Doug, you don’t have to lie to us. We know you do jack shit when it comes to research.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@northern haste

The video where he talked about the process of making NC episodes was made back in 2011 IIRC, and was about that PSA about the “dangers” of homosexuals. I’m not sure if he’s released another video discussing his method since then.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
Never did I think I would ever posting or agreeing with others here. But Doug Walker’s mistakes have grown so much that they can’t be ignored anymore.  
I will admit that I have no problem with saying that the Nostalgia Critic was great fun to watch during his pre-revival and some of his post-revival era. But even back then, I could notice the amount of his mistakes in his early work about the lack of research and paying attention to the topic for his episodes. You know, stuff that critics SHOULD do? So yeah, his “classic” episodes have aged poorly because of that.

@Beau Skunky  
YES. I don’t care what anyone says about Eight Crazy Nights, the Nostalgia Critic was more annoying in his review of Eight Crazy Nights than any of the characters of the same movie could ever be.

@Beau Skunky  
Same here. That song moment he had might as well just have him singing “WE SUCK!” over and over again.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
As long as he’s kinda respectful of it, I’m fine with it. That was a really good Disney movie, regardless of it being a toned down from the original Victor Hugo novel as most Disney adaptations are. (But still surprisingly dark & edgy for a Disney animated movie.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide