The downfall of TGWTG or Channel Awesome

Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@northern haste  
I wish I had seen Bartok as a kid,I would have loved it. I passed on it,partly because so many Disney sequels turned out bad,how could a Anastasia movie without Anastasia possibly turn out?  
Disney ruins everything.😂
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@northern haste  
Love Fantasia 2000, I will technically agre with Doug on the celebrity apprentices not being all that great but you know they did it to give the movie a bit more flavor considering it’s all just music and animation, plus I like most of them especially Penn & Teller.

As for the segments themselves they are all really good, maybe not as classic as the original but they ar all unique and lend themselves to beautiful animation along side classic music. (Also when I hear Pomp and Circumstance I don’t think of graduation I think of Donald Duck and the Ark)
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Beau Skunky  
Its still my favorite of his 90s movies. And that is so cool! I was given the DVD for Rock-A-Doodle along with the DVD for The Secret of NIMH back during my phase.  
The only 90s movie from Bluth that I had back then was A Troll in Central Park. Yeah…..but at least we had the first Land Before Time and An American Tail.

@Beau Skunky  
I kinda wonder if Rock-A-Doodle was one of his movies that was affected by the executive meddling.
Background Pony #70BF
@northern haste  
Honestly, I’m surprised he didn’t review The Lion King remake sooner, given his major hateboner for it that he constantly brings up every chance he gets.

Actually, while I’m on that topic, can I just say that I find Doug’s extreme hatred for the Disney live action remakes really annoying? Granted, a lot of internet critics hate those films, but Doug is easily the most vocal and vitriolic about them. It legitimately seems like he goes into every single one ready to hate it and not even giving it a fair chance. Not to mention, he pretty much has the exact same complaints for all of the films, and he acts completely dumbfounded over the idea that anyone could possibly like them. This is especially bad in his editorial on the Disney live-action remakes, where he claims most people hate them and finds it very difficult to grasp how they could make so much money. I don’t know Doug, maybe it’s because not everyone has the same opinion as you and actually enjoys going to see new takes on their childhood films.
Dex Stewart
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I just watched the Lion King remake review. It was actually pretty funny. I’ll probably watch it again later, something I haven’t done with most recent videos of his.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I remember seeing the Lion King remake in theaters. Silence. An awkward laugh or two at Timon and Puumba,but yeah. That movie was a SLOG. When it ended,people walking out were muttering about about how bad it was. That’s the only Disney remake I’ve gone to see in theaters. I’ve seen Beauty and the Beast since,and that one REALLY sucked too. So if Doug Walker hates them,I’m not going to try and defend them, because I think they’re awful too.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste  
It wasn’t bad, and did a good job recreating many key moments, (and taking liberties too) but still it lacked some of the charm the original animated feature had, and the realistic animal designs are far less expressive, and as lively. (They basically had the same face & facial animations through the whole movie.) Some of the new voices just weren’t as good, as well. So it’s understandable why many didn’t like the remake.

Even my nephew says he prefers the cartoon, and hates the new one.
Background Pony #70BF
@Dex Stewart  
@Dex Stewart  
From the sounds of it, you only liked that review because Doug agrees with you. That’s a problem I have with a lot of internet critic fanbases. They don’t like them because they actually have anything interesting to say about what they’re reviewing. They like them because they see them as validating their opinions. It’s pretty much the only reason Doug Walker still has a fanbase, even after all the crap he’s been caught doing.
Background Pony #70BF
@Red-Supernova  
There’s such a thing as setting your standards too high though. That’s a problem Doug Walker suffers from a lot, especially in his recent videos.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Background Pony #70BF  
There’s plenty of times I don’t agree with him,and I’ll argue those moments,but in terms of the Lion King remake,yeah,go ahead and tear it apart. I actually would have gone even farther than him and talked a bit about how bad I think Beyonce is.
Background Pony #70BF
This week’s Nostalgia Critic review is The Adventures of Elmo in Grounchland. At the very least, it’s not as obnoxious as Mike Matei’s review, even though Doug also does an annoying Elmo impression a few times throughout the video. One part that did kind of make me roll my eyes though is him taking yet another shot at Pokémon for the sake of getting off on the fanbase’s anger. One of the commenters even pointed out how often Doug has done it, to which the Channel Awesome YouTube channel replied with “He likes to live dangerously.”
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Background Pony #70BF  
I really hate when he does that, yes we get it Doug you didn’t grow up with Pokemon you don’t have to keep reminding us but more importantly you don’t have to keep insulting the fanbase just because you think it’s funny.  
Considering the fact that the Pokemon franchise is one of the most grossing series of all time with countless games, anime/shows, movies, cards, toys, manga/comics, costumes/cosplay, online websites and plenty of fan videos, fansites and YouTubers like TheJWittz, TheAuraGuardian, CandyEvie, TrueGreen7 and Pimpnite who do nothing but show support for the franchise I think maybe juuuuuuust MAYBE he could give it a rest already.

He entitled to his opinion as us everyone else, there’s no saying you have to like everything especially if it’s popular but that doesn’t mean he needs to criticize people over it.
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Dr_Osaka  
I remember a year or two back alot of people being confused over his casual insulting of Clerks 2. It happened a few times,but it never led to anything. We thought it was leading to a review of Clerks 2,but nope.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Dr_Osaka

That’s the problem with the Nostalgia Critic conceit, because if he didn’t grow up with it, he’s not necessarily the best judge of it as a nostalgic property. It’s why I feel that his reviews of stuff related to when he grew up, or stuff from that zeitgeist tend to work a lot better than when he does reviews of stuff outside his magistorum.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

@Ebalosus  
This (although with that being said, I think one of his best rebooted reviews was Son of the Mask, which for him, is only nostalgic by proxy, as a sequel to a popular ‘90s film).

Son of the Mask itself would actually be a lot more nostalgic for me, although I never saw it. Honestly, one of the big things that drew me (and maybe a lot of his younger fans) to NC was that most of his videos weren’t “nostalgic” at all from our perspective; they were windows to a past we never experienced. He was basically your cool older cousin who knew, or acted like he knew, so much more than you did.

Of course, when you get older, you realize he’s ignorant about a lot of things, and in his more candid moments, he admits that, but back then, I thought he must’ve been a film genius to know who Anthony Quinn was.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Background Pony #70BF  
Why doesn’t that surprise me? :/

@Dr_Osaka  
I would say “Maybe he should be subjected to review another Pokémon related piece of media but with a Pokémon Youtuber as a collab?” But I have a feeling it wouldn’t work.

@Dex Stewart  
I hope not. I liked Clerks 2.

@HeadlessHorselessHorseman  
I would say the same thing about that episode but what ruins it for me was Chad Rocco’s cameo.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide