The Virus Outbreak Thread

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Goku Black
Is that why tetanus shots don’t last a lifetime? Because “profit”?
How about flu shots? Do people get one of those every fall because “profit”?
Or is it because the flu changes over time?
And why do you eat every day? You ate yesterday, why are you giving in to the system of “profit” and eating again today? Wasn’t food yesterday enough?
Serious question - just curious how deep this rabbit hole goes.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@Ciaran
Forgive me for sounding political outside of the approved thread, but rich guys profiting off of our misery (whether it be over war, oil, food, water, medicine, etc.) is the kind of thing people (especially left-wingers) tend to get upset about.
To be fair, I didn’t venture down this particular rabbit hole very far. I only brought this up because Dustcan said that the government will be cutting funding for covid testing and treatments. And need I remind you that certain medicines are expensive as fuck? What will happen if big pharma decides to make the covid vaccine expensive as fuck? What if they make covid pills expensive as fuck? I think you get the idea.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
Although daily virus cases are around 22000s today in Malaysia, with many of my country’s people being vaccinated, the outbreak is not as serious as it was last year.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
We still haven’t dropped to pre-vaccine levels of infection per day.
It’s a sign that the government got bored of providing free healthcare and are doubling down on the “Get Back To Work!”
900,000+ Americans thought that too.
They could not be reached for comment.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Goku Black
I completely agree with you.
But vaccines get updated. Some of them every year. Covid is just the newest one.
And capitalism is a profit-driven system, whose worse offenses historically have been best ameliorate by centralized governments. Especially within the system of the United States of America, assuming that is where you live.
If your government is no longer subsidizing medicine, and you think they should, then work to change that. As a citizen that is your right.
@Flutter_Lover
Good luck with tetanus, pertussis, polio, hepatitis, and stuff like that. ‘Natural immunity’ to those tends to be horrifically painful and debilitating, or simply death. But, I’m sure your moral courage will keep microscopic bugs and viruses at bay.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy
Yeah, I mean, in a lot of ways people are still behaving exactly the same way they did during the 1918 pandemic. And we saw how well that went.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Because of those like some in this thread.
The perception of harsh naturalism mixed with the conflation of “inconvenience” with “tyranny”. So you get people feeling like they’re being oppressed by an unnatural force, and that they must take refuge in the natural. Never minding the fact that the natrual world is hardly what one would consider benevolent.
It is harsh, dangerous, and serves as a crucible for strength and adaptability.
It is only by the grace of modern science and medicine that many folks like that can even breath. Were we truly at the mercies of the natrual, they would all be dead.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Zincy
That’s actually how I lost some family members this winter. If they had prayed right and God had wanted them to live then God wouldn’t have ‘called them home’.
Because if God wanted us to fly, he would have given us wings.
And if God wanted us to see, he would have given us glasses.
And if God wanted us to talk to each other from far away, he would have given us phones and the internet.
But since those things weren’t given us by God, they only exist because of the Devil’s influence on people trying to be rich.
Just like shoes. And toilet paper. Or printed books or grocery stores or capitalism. All they are is the Devil’s influence on people trying to be rich off of the hard work of good folks.
Thankfully, God gave us Guns, so we’ve got that covered at least. Guns don’t cost money. They don’t make anyone a profit. Guns are proof that God Does Great Works in the World.
But medicine? Or going to a hospital? Nope - God didn’t give us those things. Instead God gave us ivermectin. You remember that from The Bible, right? When Moses came back from the mount and gave the people ivermectin. That’s my favorite part of The Bible.
People trying to get sick folks to go to the hospital are just trying to get rich off of our hard earned earnings.
But people selling ivermectin for $750 a dose are Angels doing God’s Work.
If only people could see with their own eyes!
/s
But at least I’m not bitter.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Meanlucario
Having spent an entire lifetime talking with them about faith, I think they would sincerely, and vehemently, argue that your faith is not theirs. Because their faith is ‘of the church’, and your’s is not. No matter what church you go to, it’s not the one they go to. And their heaven only has room for one congregation.
Which, coincidentally, helped with the whole ‘do we really want to go to an apparently endless series of funerals where most the people there are intentionally sharing saliva to create some sort of herd immunity’?
The whole, ‘when is the funeral and where will it be’ conversation was faster with this batch of deaths than any other I’d ever experienced. The ‘You are not invited and will not be permitted in the church or the cemetery’ RSVP was oddly welcome.
Basically if you aren’t a member of their faith, you are ‘unchurched’ and not welcome. People in my family are ordained in their faith, but their branch doesn’t recognize the existence of anything outside of their own ‘right’ faith.
For them, faith is thicker than blood.
As is saliva, I guess.
So their faith only goes as far as you can spit.
That said, it is enormously frustrating when people find a way to use their religion in this way.
It sure is.
As is the whole part where I know for a fact every single one of them has almost all the other vaccinations. Because it would ‘be stupid’ to not get those other vaccinations, or to get their kids vaccinated.
But somehow this is completely backwards.
And we’re not talking about a farm family that never gets to town. These are professional mathematicians and people who work in labs doing chemical analysis and engineers.
Wonderful, glowing, beautiful people who chose to die and then set about arranging it in the most intentional and horrific of ways.
Because it was what God wanted. I guess.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Faith, foolishness, blindness, or zealotry to a misinformed cause. These aspects are bedfellows to the virus, and have put their knives in alongside it with many of its kills.
Background Pony #3B4C
@Zincy
I completely agree with you. Honest question, in addition to the four aspects you mentioned, is tribalism also playing a role that is benefiting the virus?
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I had to deal with the vaccination requirements for Spain and for Thailand for the first time today. One trip is business, the other is private. But all these regulations are already getting on my nerves.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide