Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Yoshimon1
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Background Pony #CDB7  
Direct linking or reuploading images in Discord without posting the source link is a thing people should stop doing, too, but unfortunately there’s not much you can do about it except for asking them for the source…

Unless you meant original pictures the artist only posted in some Discord channel. That’s a completely different thing.

Honestly, though, IMO a direct image link still is better than no source at all, since you usually at least can figure out where the picture came from and start searching for the original source more easily.
Yoshimon1
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@SuperSupermario24  
Direct Imgur links can be useful, since it’s easy to get back from the direct link to the regular imgur.com/[imageID] page. Sometimes the original source or at least the artist can be found in the image title, a comment or by searching for places that Imgur link was posted.
TekuSP
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Aquaphilia lover
@The Smiling Pony  
I would do some binary tree, or something like that. Add values to paths by number of usage of that tag with tag you are sorting. Then sort binary tree and results should give you results and their “value”.

OR if you are more CRAAAAZYYYY. Create Machine Learning Neural Network learning from mistakes giving wrong tags. Users can say if what was recommended was good or bad. And it can learn if you add that tag. More tags you add, better score that neural network can have.

I have so many ideas how to do it correctly. Sadly I am most times working in CSharp, so I cant help probably.
SuperSupermario24
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

fluffy sylveon
@Mike  
I just tried opening the front page in two tabs, favoriting (and thus also upvoting) an image in one tab, and then hiding it in the other. When I clicked the hide button, both the favorite and the score counts increased by one.

So yeah, while it might not affect the score, pressing the hide button still updates the displayed score if it’s changed since loading the page.
gexon_pane
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

私は一度住んでいた
Maybe we add a possibility to show and hide image tags on mobile devices when there are too much of them? Because it’s a pain to get to a comment section on images like >>1624064 by just a thumb scrolling. It’s also not supposed to be that difficult to do since tags are already wrapped into their very own div.  
Or a “go to comments” button, it’d be a solution too.
Background Pony #2C2F
Crossposting from the general tag discussion :

@Background Pony #A8E1  
@FrustrationInExcelsis
Maybe some text at the bottom of “fetch” on what exactly should be placed there? I legit thought for a while it was supposed to be the raw tumblr link before realizing the link to the post works. Eg:
More awareness would be nice.

In other words, requesting this upload section have a text that basically says fetching will auto-grab the description from dA/tumblr please.
Background Pony #2C2F
@byte[]  
How about a text at the bottom saying something like “Linking to post itself (not the raw image link) then fetch will retrieve the description from the following sites: <list of supported sites> when possible.”

Not sure how to quickly explain scenarios such as multiple pics in 1 post, or certain links such as this where fetch doesn’t seem to work, but it’s a start.
Yoshimon1

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@byte[]  
@Background Pony #71D0  
Above the fetch box, we could add something like…  
Upload a file from your computer or provide a link to the page containing the image.
Please try to provide the actual post (i.e. artist.tumblr.com/post/12345) first, as the fetcher is able to automatically copy artist tags and descriptions from many different sites. Provide a direct image link (i.e. media.tumblr.com/asdf123_raw.png) if that doesn’t work.

At the bottom, above (or in) the description box, we also could add something like…  
Describe this image in plain words - this should generally be info about the image that doesn’t belong in the tags or source.
If the original post contains a description with additional information about the image, a background story or something similar, it is highly recommended to copy and paste it here.

Edit: In kinda related news: What’s the character limit for descriptions copied by the fetcher? I’ve seen some descriptions recently, like on >>1622507, that are cut off by … way too early. Unless that’s a problem not on Derpi’s side.
Yoshimon1

yay(){ yay|yay & };yay
@Zeb  
Quick mockup. Doesn’t really look that long, plus positioning it under the fetcher/description box makes it look less ‘intimidating’ than above IMO.  
full
gexon_pane
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Bronze Bit -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

私は一度住んでいた
…actually, re-thought it all a little bit, and yeah. I mean, all this noticing is created for people who want to understand how does the site work before doing anything, while these ones who just want to make a fast upload and run away are set free to skip it all anyway (and they surely aren’t the ones whom we have to support).
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Yoshimon1  
The scraper doesn’t try to cut the description at all. It seems like Tumblr may have changed their API to return truncated post text…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide