Feature suggestions and discussion [READ THE FIRST POST]

Background Pony #2C2F
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is there a way to search by image format? Like search all images with PNG format, or WEBM without using a tag? If not, can this please be a thing?
Aquaholic
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I know you’ve said that uploader image deletion won’t be added, but maybe within 5 minutes of posting it, or a similar timeframe? Because I had a little trouble with an image I made’s transparency, currently I’m waiting around about an hour to post the update, just so that the front page isn’t spammed with Trixie’s Transparency Edits.
TekuSP
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Aquaphilia lover
I would love to have SMART tagging option.

Example: I am adding tag “aquaphilia” to picture I uploaded, it will recommend me adding “underwater” and “explicit” tags before they are most used with pictures with “Aquaphilia” tag.

Just grab all pictures with one tag, sort tags by usage in pictures and take most used. Then display first 5 as recommended to add. Can be done with Dictionary in one hour of programming time.
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DragonWraith> fish are not for sexual
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

@TekuSP  
We’ve had implication previews and tag suggestions in mind for a while now, but various issues both technical and non-technical have prevented us from realising it. It’s definitely something we want to do, though.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@DragonWraith  
I’m totally ignorant of coding stuff, so sorry if this is an obvious question:  
From the above image, someone put together a userscript that does essentially the suggested tags thing. What is the difficulty in incorporating that into the actual site functionality with some cleanup to make it fit in comfortably?

I would think that the hard coding part would be done. But, as I said, I don’t actually know what goes into all that stuff~
byte[]
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Philomena Contributor
@Zeb  
It is trivial to implement it. However, implementing blindly tends to lead to unintended side effects down the road, so we have to be careful, and that is what takes the most time.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
A fun side effect is that typing in shining armor would probably start suggesting incest, gay, anal, penis, cum, rape, foalcon, mother and son and other fun tags. Which means we’d need a tag rating system, and make it work somehow with user filters.

Fun.
stsyn
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Economist -
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes

Actually, that implementation is not really what we need. It may suggest even rating and character tags (or something mentioned above). First one or two tags usually is fine, though.  
The best, as I can imagine, is a manual dictionary of typical implications, but the main question — who will fill that dictionary. Automatic way… Dunno, only common tags may work fine.
Wesley Foxx
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

The Fluffiest
I mean, we already have tag implications. They’re just strict implications that apply to something like 90+ of all useage, versus what this would be, what, tag suggestions? If it’s got like a 50+ chance of being relevant?
Zharkaer
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Artist -

Devoted Shimmerfag
Would it be possible for the source field to detect if it’s linking directly to an image, and warn the uploader that direct links aren’t useful?
Background Pony #F2D5
@Zharkaer  
It’d be better if there was some way to identify the page where the image came from in the first place. But I don’t think tumblr, IB, or FA (as the main examples) have any identifiers in the links.

@TexasUberAlles  
Sometimes, the image itself is all we get. Direct linking or uploading in discord/skype is pretty common.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide