Subjects of Equestria! We are pleased to kick off the Nightmare Night Festivities and the 14th anniversary of the return of our beloved Princess Luna! Join us in celebration!

"Offspring" images

DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DragonWraith> fish are not for sexual
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

Can we give ZONESS some kind of medal for being an absolute machine and making the rest of us look like shiftless slackers?

(Every time I notice this post, I read it as saying “shirtless slackers”…)
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

After pondering over the adoptive parents thing for a while, I think cheezedoodle’s suggestion is the most workable solution:  
adopted -> Adoptable OCs that have been claimed.  
adopted offspring -> Offspring that have been adopted (adoptive parents [and known biological parents?] tagged as normal with parent: and parents: tags).  
adoption -> Images that are actually about adoption.

Thoughts?  
If we can hash this out, I’ll add it to the spec.
ZONESS
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

@DragonWraith  
A quick look through the “adopted” and “adoption” tags, and it looks like this could work.

How would we all feel about putting the “adopted offspring” on joke images like this >>989961 and would we tag adopted parents for images such as this >>1079181 with canon characters adopting other canon characters? Should we remove the “offspring” tag from images with adopted children only so there is a distinction for images like this >>938839 that have both adopted and biological children in them (and the adopted child isn’t a griffon to make it obvious)? Do we add parent tags for adopted characters like this >>1051228 who have known parents, but said parents have no connection to show canon?

Those are all the concerns I can think of. I’m tempted to create a “you’re adopted” tag to address some of the joke images. There are enough images to support it, surprisingly >>216045.
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

How would we all feel about putting the “adopted offspring” on joke images
I’d say it still counts. It might even be worth adding an implication  
you're adopted -> adopted offspring  
would we tag adopted parents … with canon characters adopting other canon characters?
Definitely. scootadopt already exists, but it’s hardly the only such case, and it would be useful to codify the concept.  
Should we remove the “offspring” tag from images with adopted children only
Yes.  
Do we add parent tags for adopted characters … who have known parents, but said parents have no connection to show canon?
Yes. Just make sure to add the oc: bit if it’s an OC (expys don’t seem to have any identifying namespace, so they’ll be unadorned). (I’ve been trying to be consistent with “primary name tag directly corresponds with parent: tag, which is why we have such colon-cancerous constructions as parent:oc:pandora [and why it’s parent:princess celestia and not @parent:celestia@].)  
I’m tempted to create a “you’re adopted” tag to address some of the joke images.
That ticks all of the boxes for “reasonable cause to create a new tag”, so I say go for it.
saby
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Magical Inkwell - Untitled ancient Pegasopolis vignette
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Anti Fun Officer
@DragonWraith  
suggestions:  
  • how to tag oc parent (parent:oc:name)  
  • tagging threesome parents  
  • magical threesome spawn (it has 2 members now, and is expected to grow slowly)
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

@saby  
Done, though those are more “things I’ve forgotten and/or missed”.

The Special Cases section is growing a bit unwieldy; I wish there was a way to generalize them out into the main spec.
Minus
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Leader of the G4 purists
Just came back to say great job! I only just now realised this was put into place. It’s turned out more complicated than I expected, but I am so glad to see this problem finally fixed! And I really like the way you’ve done it! However the example picture for 3 parents >>868641 is an image I really want to change the tags on to “fusion”. I don’t think this is meant to be an offspring. But if I change it I’d be ruining your example…  
EDIT: Just realised it has the fusion tag already. But having both fusion and offspring together doesn’t seem right so, I guess what I meant to say is that I want to remove the offspring tags. Pretty sure the shipping tags got put on accidentally anyway, probably because the uploader used RariJackDash incorrectly.
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

@Minus  
I can’t believe I missed that; I looked at the source and everything.  
I changed it to the other threesome spawn (>>995893), so feel free to fix those tags.  
The reason I went with the Rainbow Dash one is because the other one is mixed in with a bunch of other offspring, so the tagging example isn’t as clear.  
Once another solo threesome spawn comes along, I’ll change it again.
Minus
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Leader of the G4 purists
@DragonWraith  
Wait, how do I tag fusion images? Do I tag the characters, or use their implication tags?.. Deja vu.

This going to end in a “fusion:” tag being made isn’t it?
saby
Magical Inkwell - Untitled ancient Pegasopolis vignette
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Anti Fun Officer
Just to clarify, fusions aren’t supposed to have ship tags? Hexafusions aren’t that bad because they include the originals, but then there are solo pics of fusions between canon characters, which also have ship tags. But if that ship tag’s removed there’s no way to search for the fusion sorted by which original’s involved. “Implied $CHARACTER” also feels wrong.
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

@saby  
Having the ship tag on a fusion seems wrong, but you’re correct that it’s not easy to search for them otherwise. Maybe use fusion:ship name (as @Minus intimated)?  
(Fortunately, fusion is a lot simpler than offspring, so that one change ought to do it.)
Minus
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Leader of the G4 purists
@DragonWraith  
Sounds good to me. As it is now we still have the problem of solo images having lesbian tags like we did with the offspring.  
But with that new tag, we’d still be adding the character tags right? Without them we’d not be able to find all fusions with a specific character… Even if it still feels odd to have a fusion show up when looking for a specific character. But this sounds like it’ll work without being complex, so I’m for it.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
Added (per ZONESS)

parents:chrysombra → hybrid, interspecies offspring, offspring, parent:king sombra, parent:queen chrysalis  
parents:snailstwist → offspring, parent:snails, parent:twist  
parents:spikebloom → dracony, hybrid, interspecies offspring, offspring, parent:apple bloom, parent:spike  
parents:flimjack → offspring, parent:applejack, parent:flim  
parents:scootadash → magical lesbian spawn, offspring, parent:scootaloo, parent:rainbow dash  
parents:sombrashy → offspring, parent:fluttershy, parent:king sombra  
parents:bluedash → offspring, parent:prince blueblood, parent:rainbow dash  
parents:dinkysqueak → offspring, parent:dinky hooves, parent:pipsqueak  
parents:scootaweight → offspring, parent:featherweight, parent:scootaloo  
parents:azuna → offspring, parent:oc:azure knight, parent:princess luna, parents:canon x oc

I guess I’m not seeing the difficulty with fusions. They should have tagged all the characters that make up the fusion, plus “fusion” itself and that’s about it. Doesn’t seem hard to search for…
Minus
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Leader of the G4 purists
@cheezedoodle  
But “Fusion + Applejack + Rainbow Dash” will still show those two unfused in an image that has the mane 6 checking out an entirely seperate fusion. Thus people using shipping tags + fusion instead, but that then leaves lots of wrong tags on the image, and it shows up in shipping searches.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary: Sonata Dusk - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of EQG Rainbow Rocks!
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
君場森生きる
@cheezedoodle  
Do you want to add aliases for all parents? Or just ones where there’s a significant number.

If it’s for all, please add:

parents:ursatrix → interspecies offspring, implied bestiality, hybrid, offspring, parent:ursa minor, parent:trixie  
parents:mantitrix → interspecies offspring, implied bestiality, hybrid, offspring, parent:manticore, parent:trixie
DragonMaus
Bronze Bit -
Sapphire -
Bronze Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

Please also add
parents:sparlight -> hybrid, interspecies offspring, offspring, parent:spike, parent:starlight glimmer
Fixed (“spalight” -> “sparlight”).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide