Tag Aliases - Read the first page before suggesting.

Kappe
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Hey, uh, I hate to dredge up an older issue, but a couple months ago I argued that the tags lying down and laying down should really be aliased, since “laying down” was neither used nor practically useful for its grammatically correct meaning and people used the two interchanegably. Shortly thereafter someone went and changed all the “laying down” images to “lying down”. Well done, kudos to them.

But… that didn’t really solve the problem. Since they weren’t aliased, and humans - and by extension Derpibooru users - do not use 100% correct grammar with consistency, the “laying down” tag is back up to about 100 images, and from what I can tell consist entirely of images that grammatically should be “lying down”.

Really. Please alias these two tags. laying down (96) -> lying down (897)
Background Pony #C467
@Kappe  
Because of the points he made that even I noticed in that earlier debate, this should’ve been done the first time around. I’m pretty sure even e621 doesn’t get that pedantic.
patec
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

@Kappe  
Yes, I saw that suggestion.  
I brought it up, it was discussed briefly and got declined.  
It’s not the same thing.

And btw. I haven’t forgotten the thread. I just slowed down a bit. Plus page 87 has a huge list of tags. Might take a little while.
Kappe

@patec  
Urgh. Yes, you’re right, lying and laying are not the same thing.

There also isn’t a single image tagged “laying down” that is actually of a pony/etc laying an object down rather than a pony lying down. I asked for examples of such images and no one could provide any, because there aren’t any. There aren’t any because no one describes or searches for images that way, and even if they did there’s no way to tell whether a character would be laying down the object or picking it up unless it was animated.

There are, however, at the current moment, 104 images depicting a character lying down that are tagged “laying down”, because the overwhelming bulk of the English speaking population does not recognize or care to recognize the grammatical difference between “lie” and “lay”.

Now again, are we going to do something about it or just continue ignoring the problem entirely?
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Kappe  
Uploaders don’t seem to be in any hurry to learn the %$&# difference, so I say we should just go ahead and alias laying and laying down to lying down and to hell with everyone, we can’t have nice things.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Creations249 Etsy Shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Replaced by tagging forum