MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@skilledful  
Late response but I always loved the idea of Rarity using fashion to help others with their confidence. I think that ties into her generosity as well. I think it was a wasted oppurtunity not to go in that direction. But in G5 I would love to see something like that.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I would definitely like to make my own G5 fics one day. Especially to make reinterpretations or combinations of characters and also have a genre change more torwards drama and adventure.

The AU tag in fimfiction could be neat for retellings of stories and characters in G4 just like TMNT reinterprets its stories and characters over different generations.
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Brass Beau  
Starsong and Twilight Sparkle? I don’t know any G2 ponies. If Hasbro still owned G1, then Firefly, but they don’t, and the word “Firefly” is a copyright of Disney thanks to James Murdoch…
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Probably have to get rid of the cross eyes but the clumsy personality, quirky humor and slow speech pattern could definitely endear her to kids and adults.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
Yeah - just have to play up her good heart and hard work making her the center of the group. (And I think the cross eyes could maybe stay if played as legit disability representation.)
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
No idea. I really should look into G3 sometime.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Maybe as a minor or background character. If she’s gonna be a main character, make her Johnny Appleseed. She goes from place to place, planting seeds, healing the sick (more on that later) and spouting homegrown wisdom… and her dad is Sam Elliot.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer

@Latecomer  
Partially because of Potion Nova, and partly because I remembered Ms. Tonitini exists, I’ve been thinking about a “Wise Adult” character.

I’d love it if Applejack was just a farmer, but they made her this sage-like secondary character who overhears others talking about their problems and offers insight.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@DerpyFast

@Brass Beau  
This would be interesting. I can see her being a wise motherly figure dispensing advice to the younger ponies.

@Latecomer  
I get what you mean. From an animation and action standpoint there’s more potential for a cowgirl farmer hybrid what with a lasso.

I think it shows something about our culture too. Cowboys/girls are a symbol of freedom and awesomeness, almost a form of escapism. Whereas say a wheat farmer is seen as the opposite of freedom, like with Luke Skywaker on his moisture farm.

There’s a reason why country singers even east of the Mississippi even in places that don’t even have the plains or deserts of Texas, wear cowboy hats. Would someone rather wear the hat of a free rancher or wear a baseball cap and the overalls of a farmer.

When I was younger I always hated cowboys since I thought people focused on them at the expense of normal average farmers. I always thought cowboys were loud rude wild people compared to moral, sane farmers. Now I don’t think that. And I guess AJ has the freedom and temper of a cowgirl but the level headededness and down to earthness of a farmer.
Latecomer

@DerpyFast  
That could work for a supporter, yes - but not a protag. Hmm…maybe all the Manes should be supporters next time round? Teachers or celebs or even parents.

@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Yeah - a farmer role might fit a different personality (like Fluttershy) but AJ is a mare of action. And even so, she’s sadly less than popular…
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer  
I still think a farmer Applejack can work. Maybe as the de facto matriarch of the community maybe even being the Mayor sometimes. She preserves the traditions of her village and is quite athletic from bucking apples and having to defend against bandits and wildlife and playing sports. A fierece traditionalist.

Her biggest role she sees herself is as the mother that makes sure Ponyville can survive and to preserve the traditions of her ancestors.

Of course her flaws could include stubbornly refusing to go against tradition, encouraging others not to follow their own dreams but to work for the good of the village, she might want others to conform, and might be a bit xenophobic and condescending to other cultures.

But her strengths would be her being empathetic, always having fun with her friends and family, being laid back and not afraid of things like burping, and encouraging others to keep on going even if they don’t believe in themselves. Despite being a bit rough and crude, she also has a feminine compassionate nurturing streak to her.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer  
Fluttershy as a farmer would be really interesting. If she’s still a pegasus from Cloudsdale maybe she could see it as an escape from the business and militarism of Cloudsdale. She would have to learn how to protect her animals though. She would have to be stronger to farm the land.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide