MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’ll point out that Misty still has the necklace she uses to communicate with Opaline.
Episode itself was okay. I thought the ending was kind of neat.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Thought today’s TYT episode was really good. However, about the whole “this takes place after Misty has betrayed Opaline” thing, I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. Misty did have fun with the Mane 5, acting like she was their friend, in Nightmare Night Party too. It could just be that the writers don’t want every episode with her to be about her trying to catch Sparky. Which is a good thing, because that makes for some repetitive writing.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
AYO, why was Misty in the group? Was there an episode that got skipped? Did something happen in the comics? Why was she in there like she’s suddenly the newest member of their friendship circle? What does Opaline think?
Episode itself was eh, could’ve been better. I didn’t like the fact that they said that trying something new is the hardest thing ever which, some of the times yeah it can be but not in the way that the episode portrays it. I also feel like a smoothie that combines a lot of different fruits all at once would taste disgusting since all the flavors would cancel each other out.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@DerpyFast
According to Quill, Issues 1,2,6,9 and 10 make up an arc with consistent progression. Yep even 5 wasn’t part of it. Speaking of which, because the events of 5 wasn’t brought up again, it appears as though it didn’t matter or it didn’t happen. I blame Spike’s bias for that. But yeah, remove 5 and remove any references of Discord in 3,4,7 and 8 and it can still work as standalone issues.
@DerpyFast
I’m pretty sure they did, or at least Hitch already mastered his ability to actually talk to animals and not guessing what they’re saying.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #AAFC
You’re saying the sun and moon rose up and down on their own because it’s Celestia and Luna themselves? That’s a bit much. Also if not Make Your Mark, that story of the Mane 5 coming back as spirits sounds like an IDW thing to do.
Posted Report
Background Pony #AAFC
@Background Pony #AAFC
You’re saying the sun and moon rose up and down on their own because it’s Celestia and Luna themselves? That’s a bit much. Also if not Make Your Mark, that story of the Mane 5 coming back as spirits sounds like an IDW thing to do.
The Discord arc is so far the best in the G5 saga. Also, it was intended in advance that MYM/TYT should be “mature” in comparison to the G4 shows. We were deeply disappointed by the absence of this promise so far. So if the Mane 6 return as “ghosts”, this is not inconceivable. When Fluttershy appeared, it was without the living sensing this with the exception of us - and maybe Discord.
We have never found out how the Sun and Moon moved around Equus, there are two schools of thought; one is that Twilight constructed a machine that takes care of it, the other is that Celestia and Luna “become” part of these celestial bodies. We have learned a lot about the magic in the G5 - more than in the G4. We now know how the magic could disappear, we also know that all magical beings have internal magic, and we know that the alicorns can have intact magic in magicless environments. The Unity Crystals were not magicless, and Opaline would have died of old age in all the time the magic was gone. So it is probably only the alicorn magic that could exist before Sunny returned the active magic to the world.
The Wishing Star - note that very few want to ponder this riddle - possibly because they don’t like it - is not common. It is magical, as TYT had established most strongly as by having Opaline witness this, and her reaction. Only an alicorn has a star as her cutie mark (before Sunny). As the cutie marks appear as spiritual signs in the Discord Arc, this is a possible connection. In my opinion, that’s exactly where Twilight “hid”.
And that makes sense of Sunny’s name; “Sunny” and “Starscout”. Her last name may suggest that it is her destiny to find Twilight.
It could happen at the end of G5, maybe in the last episode before a special, where “everyone” thought Sunny was dead, when she had actually ascended and met Twilight. There, Sunny will be given the choice of becoming a princess or not, and explained about how Equestria collapsed, who was responsible - and who is her enemy. At the end, Sunny will return, and when she looks up at the sky, it is possible that she will see the Wishing Star stationary along with five other new stars. It could be as emotional as the end of the Discord Arc.
Posted Report
Background Pony #AAFC
Speaking of cutie marks; there are two additional stars in Sunny’s cutie mark. We have a good idea that Izzy is one of the two stars, who is the other?
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@DerpyFast
A follow up, it could take place after the movie and before MYM chapter one or even the first tyt episode but it can’t because of these events and reasons:
  1. Hitch talking to animals. He doesn’t gain that ability proper until MYM chapter 1. Although him talking to McSnips-a-lot in tyt that supposedly takes place before chapter 1 could mean that he was just assuming more than understanding the animals. Plus, he already has that animal magnetism even before he could talk so that easily resolves him calling the bunnies to help in 10.
  2. The setting. Throughout the arc, it was the lighthouse interior and exterior. But midway it became the Brighthouse. So which was the retroactive error? If it’s the former, then it’s more likely to take place at least after chapter 1. If it’s the latter then it’s still possible to take place after ANG and before the very first tyt episode if we’re assuming at some point, the lighthouse was renovated.
  3. Very minor issue, “Posey” isn’t grumpy for once while Sprout apparently isn’t set to do community service yet. But hey, Hitch is a nice person right?
  4. Somewhat less minor, Misty, Opaline and Sparky were absent. They pretty much started appearing in Chapter one but having it take place after would mean that Hitch placed Sparky in someone’s care. Especially true in tyt as even airing after chapter 1, he was still missing.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Phoenixflambe
It’s a shame, because #5 was just a really cool issue.
Hitch talking to animals.
In The Movie, just before we go inside CanterLogic, we can see that Hitch’s ability to communicate with animals is such that he can tell them what he wants and they’ll do it. In Chapter 1, before Earth Pony Magic is active, he’s got a crab who will come and take notes for him.
the lighthouse
Good point. The best I can come up with is that TYT episode one is several days or weeks of renovation condensed into a single episode.
Misty, Opaline and Sparky were absent.
That’s another reason I’d place the comics between The Movie and MYM 1.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide