MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
I have no idea what Patreon’s new rules even are. Given that Hasbro has been essentially bankrupt for the past four years, yes, I totally see them not spending money making an effort to do a redubbing, yes. But I’m sticking with what I said, principle.
Posted Report
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@Dustcan
I even kind of miss the batch uploads with long waits in-between that we got with MYM, because at least there, we were expecting to wait a while, then getting multiple episodes at once.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@CloudMistDragon
We are now supposed to ask consent from fictional characters for some stuff. Yes, you read that right. We need to talk to a blotch of ink to star in otherwise ultimately fictional setting.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mr.Myoozik
…Yes, celebrities have gotten away with worse. Regardless…this was not the general reaction I was expecting from this news. I also still do not see how stupid new rules on Patreon are relevant to discussion of this news and feel now that unless James Marsden makes a response like Will Friedle did, it’s best for this discussion to be dropped until further notice.
Posted Report
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@CloudMistDragon
I mean the news sucked and he should issue some sort of apology, but i don’t see how the recent controversy relates to the topic of G5 to begin with since him and the other movie VA’s are already long gone from the franchise and Hasbro itself probably doesn’t know about said controversy either
Posted Report
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@TheQuietMan
How would I know that?
@Background Pony #13BA
I wouldn’t know - that show is on my watchlist, but I haven’t seen it yet. Thinking about Prime, though, I just realized I remembered seeing that the original 1995 Ghost in the Shell anime movie was leaving it in a few days, and I definitely want to watch it before it does - so, uh, thanks for reminding me (indirectly, haha)
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Jonny Manz
Exactly, in the end, Zaslav just wasted tonnes of money making this to begin with, and it’s completed too. If it didn’t succeed, it’s not like they lost too much when they’re already worth millions.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
It is related to G5 discussion in the sense that it is inevitably going to impact the opinions of some people looking back at the movie and debates about the voice cast for the movie vs. the voice cast for the shows. I don’t believe it’s off-topic discussion, but I’m completely fine with no longer pursuing the discussion, feeling it’s run its course.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
I’m still hoping just this once the ANG movie re-release created such impact to warrant continuing 3d adventures. Every official artist involved in the comics is just forced to draw TYT style. I’m glad Andy wasn’t nor want part of it..
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Candacefan29
@Dustcan
I haven’t watched past the movie except for A Maritime Bay Adventure, but it’s getting worse. TYT has become the hard brand standard for more or less the same reason that Mario & Luigi got sequels while Mario & Wario didn’t. And the objectively better 3D stuff was terminated on a cliffhanger. Which isn’t helped by the fact that, ignoring the artstyle being the stupid bean smiles thing that basically every non-anime 2D cartoon is now, it’s basically a Tik Tok meme (literally) and they derailed Izzy so hard her train now rests on Hollister Ridge. I know very little of what actually happened there since I haven’t watched anything that isn’t here, but from what I’ve heard, >>2894498 at timestamps 0:20, 0:28 and 0:30 is her entire character now.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide