MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Imagine an alternate timeline where the fandom had a weird fixation on The Rainbow of Light from G1 for some reason. In that timeline, the fandom completely lost its shit when Sunny’s locket turned out to be The Rainbow of Light and it was used to defeat Opaline.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’m gonna post this analysis here as well:
Zipp says that she’s tired of living a lie, but I think there’s more to it than that.
In Ancient Rome, there was this idea called “Bread and Circuses”. Here’s Google’s explanation:
In a political context, the phrase means to generate public approval, not by excellence in public service or public policy, but by diversion, distraction, or by satisfying the most immediate or base requirements of a populace, by offering a palliative: for example food (bread) or entertainment (circuses).
Sound familiar? Now look at this scene:

To me, the poster doesn’t just represent flying. It represents striving for excellence. It’s not just that Zipp would be forced to rule. It’s that she would be forced to rule over citizens who are too distracted to even care that they can’t fly. It’s not just about the lie and the fact that Pipp gets to be the favourite. It’s that even though Zipp is the smart, driven one, and Pipp is a bit naive, Pipp gets to be the favourite because she helps keeps the Bread and Circuses going in Zephyr Heights.
When you get right down to it, Pipp is the face of Zipp’s frustration.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
I wonder what else could’ve happened in any alternate timeline? Also I guess Zipp gave up trying to start a new Wonderbolts or its academy.
Background Pony #5BBD
What if Posey made her own podcast where she rants about everyday annoyances?
Background Pony #0FC6
Congrats to the MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread for reaching its 1000th page.
Background Pony #1C23
Have now finished reading the second issue of “Set Your Sail” - a lot of lore, quite a lot! And it may seem that writers Megan Brown and Casey Gilly have created a thriller where nothing is what it seems, where it is not easy to find out who is friend or foe. Zipp is on the case! So when Sunny, Hitch and Misty come to the final phase of the ongoing saga we might see an alicorn in sea pony form. It may be needed.
It is also possible that Brown and Gilly had planted evidence that Twilight’s empire also included the seven seas because, as we know from MYM, she had created magical anchor points for the ponies with the Unity Crystals and for the dragons with the Dragon stone. Here we see that she had also possibly done the same for all known realms; magical “anchors” are found in all seven locales that have been mentioned; Coral Crown for the great inland sea, Seadragon Scale for the Seadragon Drift, Moon Pearl for the Luna Ocean, Agate Goade for the Celestia Ocean, Sand Dollar for the Sea of Clouds (what?), Starfish Seaglass for the Sparkling Sea and the Last Anchor for the Trench. These work in a similar way to the Unity Crystals and the Dragon Stone. Then it could mean that Twilight, after finishing the Unity Crystals, had done the same with all realms all over the world.
What happened during the endgame between Opaline and Twilight and the aftermath of that, which we know ended with all realms being separated from each other with different fates for everyone? Also, Zipp discovered something very strange, she found “pegacrabs”. Yes, you read that right. We may have learned from the last TYT episode and several clues elsewhere that these strange chimeric critters may have been created with pony magic - and that could only have happened if the magic had gone wild. She sensed that there is a clue there to find out the truth.
All seven localities in themselves are interesting. We have two world-wide oceans with the word “ocean”, then two smaller-sized oceans called “sea” and then a large inland ocean - which must be in the unknown continent on the other side of the world. A map was shown, which suggests that the Seadragon Drift may be part land, part sea - while the Sea of Clouds is somewhat confusing, does it mean up in the atmosphere or on the sea surface? “Sand Dollar” brings to mind Rainbow Dash’s tale of Timbucktu, a pegasus cloud city that was a rich merchant town.
It is apparently not only the manga One Piece, but also the movie from 2018 about Aquaman who returned to Atlantis, which may have been a source of inspiration for the writers behind “Set Your Sail”. The trench ponies from the Trench are in conflict with the royals from the Sparkling Sea - and we don’t know who is enemy or friend.
The currents deep in the ocean are “winds” for sea ponies and others who could use them to travel long distances - that could explain why the ghost ship in the first issue could have sails. But it was not comfortable, so railway something the Seapony Express at the bottom is preferred by residents.
But it is now a possibility that Twilight Sparkle had also been very heavily involved in the seven seas in her time, so that could mean that she might have been world ruler and together with her friends had left their mark on the whole world as the New Mane 6 now exploring.
So far it looks like the sea ponies in IDW are different, as if these are based on transformation magic which we know is due to personalities in transformed land beings. Perhaps many people had gone into the depths and explored the seabed when Twilight reigned, and that there may be untouched sea realms that are not covered by the legend in the comics. The “real” sea ponies are possibly in the uncharted seas as mentioned in the other issue.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
As far as my progress with the new G5 game has gone, I’ve done an okay amount of stuff past the part where you get Pipp. Pipp is so much fun to play as, man. Main reason my progress has been kind of slow is because of me being busy with work and celebrating my birthday while also having to be in talks with an artist I’ve commissioned for an adaptation of the first chapter of my latest G5 story. I do want to get the game done before the end of May though.
Oh yeah, and happy 1,000th page, G5 Discussion Thread! Congrats to DerpyFast for getting the first post on this page!
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Hawk Nightwing recently caught that TYT remembered Opaline’s Together Tree after all! :D
Even though it looks different here with the different art style, this makes it apparent that there actually is no continuity error with the Together Tree being forgotten in The Lone Alicorn.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Current progress on the new G5 game right now is that I have Zipp in my team after playing Metal Gear. Also, here’s a good laugh. A reviewer who hated on the first G5 game legitimately called this “the worst MLP game”. First, MYM Chapter 6 is supposedly worse than Chapter 1, the worst part of the series, and now, a game that is known for making major improvements to its predecessor is “MLP’s worst game”. It’s stuff like this that legitimately makes me wonder if these people are trolling us for attention.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@TheQuietMan
I mean aside from the gameloft moneysink “game” and the 2 g5 games, does MLP really have a lot of video games to go off?
Also first g5 didn’t seem “bad”, just really average (it also being $40 for something that can be finished in like 1-2 hours probably isn’t helping either)
Blackblade360
Artist -

About me
So I was curious about a controversial ship that has been going on lately, and that is Misty X Zipp or Pipp.
I would check out this FIMfiction form where I first saw the discussion: https://www.fimfiction.net/group/213399/the-official-generation-five-site/thread/539652/why-are-these-ships-controversial
The reason why its controversial is because Misty, Zipp and Zipp could be step siblings, and we all know the still controversial talk of Applejack and Pinkie Pie being related, yeah, it’s kinda like that situation.
Here’es my statement on the form:
There’es already a leaked music of TyT G5 that seems to have Zipp, Pipp, and Misty singing, and it seems like a marriage is going on…
Plus the lyrics seems to be implying that both the royal sisters and Misty found out that they might be related, in this case, step siblings
Heres the link: https://youtu.be/ghtYIgzF7lw?si=kMVKS99GB-BRYU0u
Plus I already see some G5 fans already stopping shipping Misty to both Zipp or Pipp, such as the G5 discord server, the G5 FIMfiction group, and even Twitter and a little bit of YouTube, and some other MLP servers I’m in
It’s kinda like the Applejack and Pinkie Pie situation…where they are afraid to ship these two because they could be related
It does remind me of another story of a Sunny X Izzy fanfic, tho I decided to skip the first book due to making both of them sisters, and then the 2nd book seems to recon the entirely of the first one
I can also understand this person point where at first there is a siblings figure situation, then can evolve into romance, though I think as long as this trope is used perfectly, since sometimes it still be a little weird if we don’t have an official statement that the two said characters are evolving their relationship
So, what do you think of the ship controversey? You think this is like the Applejack and Pinkie Pie situation, or something else?
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Blackblade360
In canon? I think it’s a little awkward, especially since the moral of many of these types of stories is that a lack of blood relation doesn’t make them any less family: “Even if we’re just step-sisters, we’re still sisters!…now let’s get busy, sis.”
Was never a fan of Marblemac either, don’t pick up chicks at what is ostensibly a family event.
In fanon? Do what you want, I’m not the shipping police.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Blackblade360
Which reminds me, according to one guy I know, his experience in the g5 community discord tells me that G5 fans are hyper squeaky clean sfw safespace people. Got kicked out because he wasn’t.
northern haste
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Enter if you dare
@Dragonpone
Most of the time the problems with ships is the shippers and not the ship itself.
As for Marblemac, Yeah they were cute in the episode But the apples and pies constantly going on about how they were family Related or not Definitely added some awkwardness to it.
Also I think that is a stereotype involving the south which is what the apples were based on
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Blackblade360
Completely understand why the ship is controversial and growing ever more controversial since that song was leaked. I’ve always been opposed to incest shippings. Being in a romantic relationship with your stepsibling…yeah, kind of creepy. And if it turns out they are blood related in some way…oh dear.
@TheQuietMan
Even though I am no prude by any means…these days, with the insane amount of completely inappropriate stuff we are trying to normalize, I’d rather have that than the reverse.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide