Subjects of Equestria! We are pleased to kick off the Nightmare Night Festivities and the 14th anniversary of the return of our beloved Princess Luna! Join us in celebration!

MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
Might not be too far off…“Making a Foal of Me”, “Nightmare Nightmarket”, and “Written in the Starscouts” all have the same writing credits, and that’s like 3/4 of the baby episodes.
Then again I say this without knowing how many writers they have in rotation so who knows how much it matters.
Zabilac

I’m honestly “eh” on the baby episodes. Although ironically, I’m reading/procrastinate-reading a regression G4 fic. It was a cute episode though; I do hope they washed those pacifiers (the cotton candy ones and the golden one) before putting them into ponies’ mouths.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dragonpone
Funnily enough, some people on Equestria Daily’s comment section are acting like it’s on par with Sparky’s Sick. They did the same thing with the last episode, acting like it was some kind of monstrosity. Especially with all the Wild Manes stuff on there now, I’m seriously wondering if EQD is truly even an MLP site anymore… <_<
And before someone says I’m “being too harsh”, keep in mind that not long ago, they had a lot of fans believing that TYT was using AI and that “Season 10 of FiM was confirmed”. Definitely feel that EQD has been getting really meh lately.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary: Aria Blaze - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of EQG Rainbow Rocks!
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Something tells me that the writers have a thing for age regression or babies seeing that we have a couple of episodes involving that. It really makes you thing, doesn’t it?
Episode was meh, I didn’t find the antics that cute to be honest but the joke about Dazzle Feather turning into a baby was pretty funny, that I laughed
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@CloudMistDragon
The former is completely false though reactions do show a demand for MYM returning which isn’t gonna happen while the latter is half correct, need I add they themselves already made such posts and forgot about it.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@CloudMistDragon
I don’t really have anything against the current episode in-and-of itself, but I think much of the annoyance is a result of circumstance:
4th Boardtrot episode almost in a row + 4th Baby episode + Story hasn’t progressed in months + Little extra G5 material in the meantime + Fortnightly releases only making each of these problems worse.
It’s not offensively bad or anything, but it gives us so little to chew on it’s like we’re waiting a month to get anything new. I’m sure Hasbro sees some value in the longer releases to extend the length, but it is a definite net negative for keeping momentum and fan interest. I’ve said it before, but it can be hard to stay interested when you wait half a month for 5 minutes of content that turns out to be the same sort of thing we just got.
Background Pony #13BA
@Dragonpone
It also doesn’t help the fact we no longer get previews of an upcoming episode. I remember when early TYT had that. It sucks that we just have to assume how the episode will be every two weeks until the moment it releases. If they put previews again I think it would strengthen expectations.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
It’s not “completely false”, there were some people on there hating on G5 and behaving as if they had just watched an episode that was on par with Sparky’s Sick or something. Some. I amended my original post after reading positive comments about the episode that I had missed, I’m sorry for jumping the gun and wording my comment in a way that made it seem like everyone on EQD was hating on the new episode. I was unintentionally looking at things with a bias because of my frustrations with EQD as of late. I do not intend to “poison the well” just because of some remarks I find to be uncalled for, that is not acceptable.
However…I still feel justified in having the frustrations I’ve had with EQD as of late. I’m glad they attempted to rectify the TYT AI thing and made sure to amend that “Season 10 of FiM confirmed” thing, but still. They have been doing more stuff on there lately that has been having me roll my eyes. Even if Wild Manes improves, WM discussion thread articles should be phased out. Advertising a non-MLP show that’s competing with MLP on an MLP fan site just doesn’t seem right.
Rafa Stary
Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary: Adagio Dazzle - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of EQG Rainbow Rocks!
Artist -
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!

Stary Story Brony
I stopped watching this after Episode 15 and I don’t want to watch any more of it, I don’t think I need to say my reasons here, but I feel that most of the critics of this show are just losing interest in it (I’m also seeing less haters), I’m genuinely seeing mostly just the presence of those who enjoy it, or people who criticizes only specific episodes and not the entire show / season, what I see mostly are complaints about the biweekly schedule and these very unoriginal episodes.
I really wonder what was the need in this schedule change, back in April/May, I thought it was made because they wanted the release of certain episodes to match commemorative dates such as Easter or Mothers’ Day, but now there is just no excuse anymore, this is ridiculous specially when you consider that they probably already have more than 40 episodes made and ready to be released, maybe even 50 at this point.
Let’s remember that this show is very cheap and fast to be made, Season 1 was already completed in 2022, and we only got to see the final episodes of that Season in the end of 2023, a whole year after (plus, Chapters 5 and 6 of MyM were made in 2023, so they were still working in MyM while TyT S1 was already finished…) and let’s remember that S1 had a biweekly schedule for most of the time too.
All of these Season 2 episodes were already made back in 2023, a leak from March 2024 actually shows backgrounds used in Episode 35, if they already had that much done in March, and we’re almost in August with 17 episodes released (+ the Special), then imagine how many they have completed so far? They could be already working in the episodes for 2025 actually, given how advanced the production is, also, I know there was the writers strike in 2023, but honestly, I highly doubt it affected TyT that much (it only lasted 5 months, the other 7 months were probably a lot if this show is really so cheap to produce, they make the episodes non-stop after all)
I genuinely can’t understand what happened, I really hope we get to know what was the reason for this change, official or not, I’m genuinely a lot more curious to know the reason for this than watching the show itself.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Dragonpone
I’ve called it long ago, but no one believed me. Even I don’t want to believe it yet it came true.
@CloudMistDragon
They seem to dislike g5 so bad they willingly turned themselves into a horse fandom. Perhaps Wayne has a point.
@Dustcan
TYT dictates everything now. Shoulda made MYM 2 because the moment it ended, the fandom stopped. Better yet, I bet even little girls were losing interest in this “successful” show. The management made the poorest decision of all.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Sparky’s Sick is the definition of “overhated”. The fart joke is the only part that’s actually bad.
The release schedule sucks, but it doesn’t really bother me because it’s a “for now” problem. There will come a time when you’ll be able to blaze through all of TYT Season Two in an afternoon.
As for today’s episode, The Tinytrot is a very safe place, so this is probably the most relaxed and at ease Hitch has felt in a very long time.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dustcan
TYT dictates everything now. Shoulda made MYM 2 because the moment it ended, the fandom stopped. Better yet, I bet even little girls were losing interest in this “successful” show. The management made the poorest decision of all.
There are 69 people (no, I’m not joking) watching TYT S2 live at the moment of me writing this and its views are still better than what they were back in late 2022. I literally just apologized for jumping the gun with the perception that everyone was being negative about the show on EQD, something that you called out. Why are we now making an even bigger stretch to say that the entire G5 fandom, including its target demographic, is losing interest? O_o
river mines

The release schedule sucks, but it doesn’t really bother me because it’s a “for now” problem. There will come a time when you’ll be able to blaze through all of TYT Season Two in an afternoon.
in about 1 year, it’s not just *for now”, it’s a problem that affects everything.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide