The My Little Pony Movie

Der_Fur_Shur

@SeanTaylor21  
Well the biggest potential hurdles will be the film having too many characters, therefore most of them will be underdeveloped. Also too many plotlines could maybe muddle the film.

So far we know several of the film only characters will definitely have their own arcs, so it seems likely there won’t be much room for the mane 6 and spike to really have their own, which leaves seven main characters that are just kinda there reacting to everything are facilitating the movie-only characters
Der_Fur_Shur

@SeanTaylor21  
Lol not really. You’ve got the main “save Equestria” plotline, bit then you’ve got at least three movie characters with their own story arcs plus whatever they’re ultimately gonna do with Skystar and the rest of the seaponies, plus whatever character Twilight gets revolving around thinking everything is her fault.
Background Pony #315C
Box Office Pro actually projected that MLP movie would come in 3rd place in the week of its release
Background Pony #BBA1
Am I the only one who thinks that the critics will really like it? I can’t find anything that they would hate, especially considering that a fucking Lego movie got 96% on RT.
Rotten Tomatoes ratings should not be viewed as a good determination of quality. It’s a review aggregator, and isn’t designed for the subtle distinctions and important issues actual professional reviews take into account.

On another note, the LEGO movie succeeded because it was an amazingly creative movie with a heartwarming message (and I’m not just saying that because I’ve been collecting them since the 80s and have enough pieces to literally swim in). It also proves a possible point with the MLP movie, in that the medium of the film doesn’t matter if the story behind it is good.

As for how the pony movie will do… I don’t know. I’m betting on it being at least a fairly decent film, worth viewing in theaters, and fairly decently reviewed.
Background Pony #315C
@Der_Fur_Shur  
well so far the TV marketing of the MLP movie hasn’t been great & we are only less then 8 weeks away the only commercial so far is that seapony pinkie toy one even at the end of the commercial it says “My Little Pony the movie coming this October” it doesn’t even tell you the date of the movie release also that commercial doesn’t even appear much on TV to begin with
SeanTaylor21

@Der_Fur_Shur  
Most animated films advertise heavily within the last month.

Also Box Office Pro has a very low accuracy rate. The only way MLP will open with $7 million is if the reviews are really bad, like Emoji Movie bad.
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
not really they were accurate with stuff like Kong vs Logan earlyer this year I point to that one since a lot of people said it would come close some even said Logan would beat Kong even if it was by small margin but Box Office Pro said Kong would win & did at the end your downplaying its projection because you don’t like it
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
sure they have wrong prediction here & there but most of the time there usually right dude

after one they got right was Dunkirk vs Emoji movie since people in industry even some movie analysis said Emoji movie would be 1st place in box office despite all the negatives do to early thursday night numbers but Box Office Pro said Dunkirk would still come out on top & did
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
yea & I am also ware of the the decline of MLP itself as a trend, the decline in activites by the fandom like bronycon expanding beyond pony, Equestria Daily having more slow days and such also the very weak hype for the Film itself outside the brony community plus they sorta have a point with Liongate they have a very bad track record with animated films & Hasbro said or implied that they would start promoting the film like crazy starting on Friendship Day here we more about almost 2 later after the actual Friendship Day & there marketing is more or less the same
Background Pony #315C
  • Let me fix few spelling errors* : hasbro Said or Implied they would start promoting the film like crazy on Friendship Day yet here we are almost 2 weeks later after Friendship Day & there marketing overall is more or less the same to what it was before Friendship Day
Background Pony #315C
@Jarkes  
has an increased but not by much & its not “Lot more Marketing” at best “Slightly More Marketing” better then Power Rangers? sure but not by that much all in all its slightly not Lot like you claim
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide