The My Little Pony Movie

Battle GT
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

It's a cartoon show!
@Background Pony #108C  
Word of Mouth is one of the reasons Wonder Woman was so successful. Power Rangers didn’t get that because it wasn’t  
as good.

I think you’re underselling Bladerunner 2049 by calling it a “sequel to a 30 year old movie”. What matters in terms of financial performance is how much it opens with not necessarily it’s positioning. If it opens with
Background Pony #315C
@Battle GT  
that’s why I said the “regular basis” part did wonder woman get good word of mouth? sure but marketing also plays a big role too heck you can argue the seeds for Wonder Woman marketing were plant few years with Supergirl TV show & to lesser extend DC Super Hero Girls toy line heck WB even admitted that the Marketing for Supergirl TV show was basically them testing the Marketing & Promotion for Wonder Woman WB also spent 3 million on for commercial advertisement more then WB even got Danica Patrick to ride Wonder Woman race car

@Battle GT  
I think positioning matters almost as mush as financial performance depending on the circumstances like lead up or what position it puts you in the fall out of it
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Wonder Woman has some problems (the sword in the dress scene), but overall it’s a great film.

I wouldn’t mind if the MLP movie will have silly moments like that but it will still hold up thanks to the story. I think that should be the key of the film: The story.

EDIT: By the way, can you imagine Tempest Shadow having a similar song to Infinite’s theme from Sonic Forces? That would he hilarious. xD
SeanTaylor21

@Background Pony #108C  
I’m not sure where you’re getting “weak” from. Plastering the film everywhere over a month in advance isn’t going to get people to see the film, unless you’re the Minions. Decent marketing with great reviews will work a lot better than so called “amazing” marketing and mediocre to bad reviews.

There’s also this thing called HasCon.
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
just A month no but 2 or 3 month in advance yes because 2 or 3 can make all the difference good review would help sure but they can only take you so far but good marketing would help you get to that finish line & possibly beyond I look at Deadpool got good reviews? sure but its big internet marketing played a big role in convincing pre teens & teen-agers to go see the film in theaters by any means

Hascon would be little to late really better move would have been debuting a new trailer in San Diego Comic Con instead of there own convention were it be less then 4 weeks before release
Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

I wonder if contemporary movie reviewers will bother to review the movie. I care more for outsider reviews at this point.

Personally I hope Critikal does.
SeanTaylor21

@Background Pony #108C

I’m talking about most animated films (not superhero ones). Also keep in mind having a song released by Sia will do a huge favor to it.

@Josh103

Considering that a lot of critics saw the fucking Emoji Movie, I think it’s safe to say that they will see MLP.
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
& I’m talking about how what’s more impactful “Word of Mouth” or “Marketing” & Marketing would probably more impactful if its done well

also given the clips of songs of from the movie that are already out on youtube with mostly very weak viewership a song by Sia wouldn’t really change much really
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
in this case it will probably help very little specially if Hasbro or Liongate barely markets it since I can see video/showing being low key like the other songs for the movie if she was doing a song for Disney sure but the way Hasbro has been pushing out the songs for the film so far its likely barely anyone will notice when Sia song comes out
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
still that doesn’t change much what said since those videoes themselves have weak vieership on youtube including the one that can be considered official from Toys R Us with it’s viewership being only at 97,999 as of right now

@Jarkes  
yes with this movie there has been some Red Flags happening in the leadup to it
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
but there cain of Toy Stores that works close with Hasbro, heavily pushes toys, that even get exclusive toys from Hasbro, plus Hasbro themselves actually gave them permission to show that sneak pick of that song so yes they may not be movie company but there still one of Hasbro biggest collaborators in pushing there products

@SeanTaylor21  
maybe not 3 or 4 songs but 1 or/maybe 2 would have done the job without spoiling the movie too much
Battle GT

It's a cartoon show!
If you’re talking about “Let’s Be Awesome” people don’t know about it because ComicCon cracked down hard on people recording this year.

As for the Festival of Friendship this clip has over 300k views. Now this wasn’t posted on the EQD account but that isn’t a number to scoff at.

I’m looking at the Toys R Us Facebook page and it has over 100k views which is above average for them looking at the videos they have posted.

barely anyone will notice when Sia song comes out

This however is an ignorant thing to say considering how big she is today. Songs related to movies are usually released around a month in advance of the debut. So I would keep a lookout for her song pretty soon.
Background Pony #315C
@Battle GT  
300k is nothing there’s currently a video on Youtube with cats going there maze made out boxes so a MLP Movie doing 300k isn’t impressive if few Cats going through maze can early beat it

@Battle GT  
its not ignorant its what’s most likely to happen she is big however most will turn blind eye to her performance in this movie for obvious reasons & just wait for her next song & like SeanTaylor21 just said quote

“Yeah, Spoil a part of the movie two months in advance, Brilliant Idea!”

the said person that said “thank you” to you right now basically also sarcastically said ideas lik releasing Sia song in coming days would be bad idea according to SeanTaylor21 own logic
Background Pony #315C
@SeanTaylor21  
as long as people understand what I am saying there’s no real need to do that & of all people should know your the one who responded to my posts with no real problem of understanding of what I’m saying so we’re basically past that point
Battle GT

It's a cartoon show!
n Youtube with cats going there maze made out boxes so a MLP Movie doing 300k isn’t impressive if few Cats going through maze can early beat it

That’s reaching quite far for a comparison. Cat anything will go viral because the internet loves cats.

It is ignorant to be oblivious that Sia has been one of the top pop artists the past 5 years, and has a rather large following. Clips of the movie aren’t going to come out until a month before release as with any film. The music video associated with her single will be more than within a two week window the debut.

Did Shakira’s fans ignore her in Zootopia? Survey says no. Please note the date of the upload.

Actually it makes your posts easier to read if you format them properly. This is common internet etiquette.
Background Pony #315C
@Battle GT  
ok another example: A 11 second video of a Foxconn planet worker showing an allege Iphone 8 rear shell got 693,943 views & that video only came out yesterday

1. by this time Disney heavily marketed Zootopia they didn’t wait until final 4 weeks they started really marketing around 3 months plus Disney had: other Disney movies to show the trailer in the previews, Disney Channel to show previews & behind-the-scenes of the film, & all there other resources in the leadup as usual & used them to promote the like they do with all there animated films. she Sia maybe top pop artist like you said but she is in movie that hasbro/Liongate has done somewhat as of now bad job at Marketing heck most of the current marketing{with exception probably being poster people who going to be in the movie} haven’t mentioned much that she is actually in the movie its most like that parent that has like 4 kids and the one child out of all of them who has won awardss & doing good in class but despite all that mom & dad barely remembers he/she exists so yes Sia is a good & popular artist but as of now Hasbro & Liongate aren’t pushing her much & when they do it probably be little to late
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide