Suggestion and bullshitting thread(NSFW,hangout, rp suggestions, sheet posting, venting

Coriolanus
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Pizzamovies

It is. That example though is like, what I think would be the best possible outcome of a voicechat RP.

The thing is, it’s found wanting compared to the text-based RP done here, which I see akin to “co-authored” story-writing. xp

Voice-chat is also gone as soon as it’s spoken, while text-based RP is archived into pages to peruse back into at any time. We’ve also got blue-links, and artwork, and the ability to easily insert outside-site images, even.

To make voice-chat RP interesting, I imagine the participants would need things like radio-station-style soundboards, a certain degree of skill in voice-throwing, and maybe some voice modulation to boot. - 3-
Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
@CasaBlamCo  
That was my other issue with Voice Chat RP. I function much better with a better sense of record-keeping, and Discord simply does not provide that for its Voice Chats.
Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
As much as I am enjoying this talk about Voice Chats, my body is readying to pass out, and I must prep its place of rest before that happens.

Good night, and good luck to you all!
Pizzamovies
Pizzamovies - Derpi Supporter
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Burger Rebellion
After years of roleplaying. I’ve found that majority of roleplays [and roleplayers] forget what happened a few pages back. Or forget an entire thread all together. Archiving is only useful if you have a long continuous storyline. Something that many..many roleplays here lack.  
I love archiving because I go back to turn my old roleplays into fan fictions. But no one else does that.

Take a look at RollPlay: Far Verona  
An entire series of a bunch of nerds voice roleplaying and they have created one of the largest fan universes, almost rivaling Warhammer 40k.  
Yes it’s awkward at times but if your comfortable with the people and want to have a fun time then why not. Sure it takes some good social skills and creativity. But why..wouldn’t you have that? Or want to improve.  
Also anyone who has played a good session of DND KNOWS it is more then just rolling dice and picking outcomes. It has an entire voice roleplay element to it that has made it the most successful RPG game of all time.

So yes, voice roleplay or Larp as some call it, has a place. Of course it’s not meant for just a little side Rp nonsense, and it works better with a larger idea in mind and dedicated people. (Two..also lacking things)
Coriolanus

• After years of roleplaying. I’ve found that majority of roleplays [and roleplayers] forget what happened a few pages back. Or forget an entire thread all together. Archiving is only useful if you have a long continuous storyline. Something that many..many roleplays here lack.

This makes me 200% peeved, especially because I’ve seen examples of this firsthand.

For instance, lack of wholesome structure and location to keep in-line to (down to eschewing, ignoring, or shirking maps integral to any grand expansive scope, let alone immersive direction sense), or longterm goals to work towards.

Playing out and improvising with one scenario to another only drives a thread so far, before running out of things to do. .__.
Boxless

stop using Derpi lmao
@Zaknel  
Alone: Neigh  
With others, but apart: Neigh quietly  
With others, but close: Wait until one of the above two states occur.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide