Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Frame tags

Tagging Discussion » Frame tags Search Posts
Background Pony #EF37
There are three main frame tags, which are used inconsistently and often interchangeably:
I see at least these distinct use cases, there may be more:
It would be a lot of work to create a specific tag for each of these use cases and move relevant images there.
Background Pony #9A37
There are three main frame tags, which are used inconsistently and often interchangeably:
I see at least these distinct use cases, there may be more:
Yep, they’re a mess, and I don’t know what to do in terms of making clear, unambiguous tag names for those situations .
  • Still from an animated sequence (usually not from official MLP content). Examples:
    >>813652 >>729990
I don’t think those need any kind of tag along the lines of “frame”.
>>1729536
(the last one might also mean the letterbox/black bars?)
  • Still frame drawn for concept art or animatic. Examples:
    >>1011939
letterboxing definitely applies to these. Like above, I doubt an animatic frame need any kind of tag to identify it as “part of an animatic but it’s not animated this is just one of them.”
frame by frame, of course.
As you said.
Ugh, this also made me aware that panel and comic panel are messes, too. Like, obviously every comic will have panels, so it should be clear that comic panel is for an individual panel, not for whole comic pages merely because they are comprised of panels…
>>1615025 (no idea; those swirls near image edges maybe?)
The person who added it also tagged “stand” so they probably weren’t sure what to call the supporting structure. Like, a support frame. I guess.
>>2085350 (either still frame from video or the implied “frame” in the air he’s peeking from)
Surely the latter.
>>2178157 (two-frame animation)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Furry Body Pillows - Preset and Custom Designs

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide