General Tag Discussion

Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
@Keith Mowz  
There had been a thing popping up before how it should be “Dragon Lord Ember” as she got made the dragon lord, that makes it not the same as with Celestia and Luna as they only have the one title.  
That’s why I think if we turn “Ember” into the tag for her and not the G1 pony it should cover both and be the main tag.
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
@OneOverTwo

That’s true. Personally I’d just alias all three to dragon lord ember then. I don’t think there needs to be a separate tag for Ember being “dragon-lordy”

I don’t believe any other character has one? I wouldn’t count Thorax as he actually changed physically.
Prof.NightJack

Gizmonics Scientist
@cheezedoodle  
I agree with this but given the past debates I had seen over what title should be the default for her I think the main tag should be the one without a title if “Ember” is changed to be the dragon one.
Napsack
Typically turned to the funny pages - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

why
I’d just like to a question about Pabbley’s art. A lot of their art feature mares with very obvious pseudo-cameltoes. There’s no genitals actually there in most of them, but it still looks very suggestive, even if it’s meant to be entirely sfw.

Here’s some safe-rated examples:  
>>1510249  
>>1509425  
>>1515185

I’m just wondering what to tag that, if it should be tagged at all. I haven’t heard anybody complaining about this, and it’s obviously just part of the artist’s style, but it does make their art look awkwardly suggestive when it’s not meant to and occasionally makes people think about bumping up the rating just to be sure.
Mad Black
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

Is it just me, or is the anatomically incorrect tag being slightly overused?

Examples:  

The legs are wrong, but that might just be a perceptive thing. Ballerina can do some weird flexible things after all.

Here I don’t even see anything unusual.

And that is just some kind of monster girl.

The left foreleg bends a bit weird at the joints, but honestly, we have seen stranger things in the show without tagging it.

Is that one just too thicc?

And that are just some examples.
Vinyl Fluff
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

What the Fluff?
I’d just like to a question about Pabbley’s art. A lot of their art feature mares with very obvious pseudo-cameltoes. There’s no genitals actually there in most of them, but it still looks very suggestive, even if it’s meant to be entirely sfw.
Here’s some safe-rated examples:
>>1510249
>>1509425
>>1515185
I’m just wondering what to tag that, if it should be tagged at all. I haven’t heard anybody complaining about this, and it’s obviously just part of the artist’s style, but it does make their art look awkwardly suggestive when it’s not meant to and occasionally makes people think about bumping up the rating just to be sure.

“Awkwardly Safe” is definitely what I would call a couple of those. Not speaking of tags, of course.
saby
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

extra fun at parties
@Binkyt11  
Here’s what I see:  
  • hip joint, but more importantly the upper back sinking in between the corners of the ribcage  
  • the forelegs are short and the other one lacks an entire section  
  • swivel waist  
  • the way the left foreleg fractures during the step, and multiple commenters agree  
  • arms are very short, also pre-pelvic tail.

Personally I wouldn’t have tagged #1 or #3, but I also wouldn’t remove the tag on #1.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@EPPony  
Ah, sorry. I thought I had seen that one answered already.

Usually names implying eachother comes from a character having a fan name and an official name. Like dj pon-3 and Vinyl Scratch.

Or different names under different toy lines.

I don’t know Cheery/Pinkie Feather’s specifics, but something along those lines would be the case.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@EPPony  
[shrug]  
I just know what usually causes character names to imply eachother. I’ll look through about straightening those out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide