General Tag Discussion

TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

@Deserter  
Yes, I know what you’re saying, and when that different species is a Zebra, it’s a super weak excuse.

Here’s a mare who doesn’t fit the form-defines-function rules you’re trying to claim are universal.  

Here’s another one.  

Here’s another one.  

Here are several.  

And here’s a fairly definitive statement on eyelashes which everyone seems to forget, even though it’s so old it’s a five digit upload.  
Background Pony #DCA9
@TexasUberAlles  
He’s fair to mention that it’s a different species, so the rule doesn’t apply. (See: Breezies, which was brought up before)  
and in order:  
-Eyelashes rule applies
-Eyelashes rule applies
-Alicorn head [and body] (tempest >>1529733, Luna >>1653115, stallion >>1474302 ) I’ll be honest, hadn’t noticed that until now. Neat.  
-mare bodies
-mare body  
They all follow at least one of the rules, even if you exclude voices. Never in the series has a stallion both had a mare’s body and eyelashes.  
Even in the example you pointed out before (>>1035426), the male dancers still had additional cheekbones and facial hair, and it wasn’t even “traditional” mare eyelashes. And don’t you bring up sexy Orchard Blossom into this.  
So far, no matter who you (or any one else) have brought up (when referring to ponies), they’ve been outliers.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@TexasUberAlles  
So eyelashes than, since they’re the consistent (with Rarity being the only exception), which would still make Li’l a female in my book. Also, old people uses a different model than other characters, and their “masculine” snouts are moreso to due with age than sex.
TexasUberAlles
Duck - If report count was a score, he'd have the biggest score
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

@Background Pony #46E7  
they’ve been outliers

So just to be clear, your position is that all of the examples shown of mares not rigidly conforming to the sex/gender norms you’re trying to claim as universal “don’t count” because they’re outliers, but you refuse to acknowledge even the possibility that a colt who doesn’t conform to those same sex/gender norms might be… an outlier.

You sincerely do not see the logical failure there, do you.

Never in the series has a stallion both had a mare’s body and eyelashes  
full  
Also, and this is super obvious, everything that happens repeatedly has a first time it happens. Luna showing up with a slightly smaller and stockier version of the Celestia body design wasn’t impossible just because she’d looked like a G3 Pony in her first appearance, and the word “Alicorn” didn’t even appear in the series until 57 episodes in.

@Meanlucario  
Also, old people uses a different model than other characters, and their ‘‘masculine’’ snouts are moreso to due with age than sex

…You say, about a child. Do you suppose all of these colts will grow up to still have mare body designs as adults?  

…because if not, it kindasorta shoots down the whole “these kids are outliers but Li’l Cheese cannot possibly be, For Reasons” thing.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
Some of us just want to discuss tags here, not read endless arguments between people who don’t know how to let it go.
Background Pony #DCA9
@Meanlucario  
Since you pointed out the elders, I went and had a look at a few more of ‘em.  
>>1363262  
>>1364024  
>>523018  
>>577745  
>>567575  
>>850975  
The way they handle ‘em is curious.

I only just now bothered to check out the screencap for Lemon Crumble, and found >>2152310. I’m okay with this  

@TexasUberAlles  
I actually wasn’t referring to the foals/colts/fillies in that reply. I was just pointing out the rules that the adults have followed. I did say stallions after all.  
As for Li’l Cheese, I wasn’t even talking about them. Like, at all. But since Cheese keeps getting talked about, I just looked them up. [even though I wanted to avoid looking at more spoilers, and even avoided reading into the Li’l Cheese posts for this reason] (>>2127292) They look like a filly. There’s my 2¢ on Cheese. If they’re gonna be the first and only exemption, then so be it.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
Hrmm, just a thought, but should the following tag be given a special color to make sure it gets people’s attention?

explicit source

I mean, for example, a tweet I just uploaded one image from has some explicit stuff in it, but the one image I uploaded was safe. Perhaps there could be a better way to flag this? Perhaps a check box in the source box for “source is above image rating” that would spoiler the source?
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@DR35  
I’m not sure “tiny pony” necessarily actually means the level of smallness of “micro” in all cases.

@Meanlucario  
Probably not.

@TexasUberAlles  
Even if Zalgo is just for the eye styling, I think it requires a red iris; we have “black sclera” for just the eyes going black.

@Barhandar  
I’m pretty sure the two aren’t entirely mutually exclusive.

@Damaged  
I wouldn’t want to do this because it would cause confusion about rating. The “explicit source” tag is rather unusual in that it conveys information about the source, not anything about the image, and has no bearing on the image; if we colored it like a rating, people would think it has effect on the rating, or just see “explicit” and think the image is fine with a huge dildo when it’s actually rated Safe. As well, if we colored it red, people would think the tag should be “fixed” somehow. There’s simply not many good options for coloring it.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@Princess Luna  
Fair enough. Guess it would take code to really do something positive about it, and new feature code ain’t happening until Philomena.

I’ll bring it up as a suggestion once she’s live. :)
cheezedoodle
Roll for Initiative - For Patreon supporters
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - OC Tag Description Requests
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Silver Bit -

TagZombie: AC15, Atk +8
The official fan art tag seems to be for personal fan art created by a couple of show staff members which aren’t storyboards or concept art actually used in the show’s production–stuff done on their own time. Should this be extended to the comic artists as well? Note that in general some of the comic artists produce a ton of autograph cards and commissions for sale at conventions, like Tony Fleecs and Andy Price. This is also kind of awkward for fan artists who became official comic artists like Pencils, Totesjustasuta and others.

Side note: I think Lunchie and Katrina Hadley should probably be aliased, but I wanted to check here first.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide