General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #8C70
If the image used a base that was an original work then both the artist of the derivative work and the base creator are credited. The base creator’s copyright takes precedence.
If the image used a base that was created from a fan artist’s work then both the artist of the ORIGINAL work and the derivative work are credited. The person who made the work has no copyright claim on this site in that case. The original artist’s copyright takes precedence.

Thanks. If I understand correctly, that means the images untagged in https://derpibooru.org/tags/artist-colon-alina-dash-brony29/tag_changes should be added back right? If so, can you please mass revert them back, and PM Starshade (the user who untagged them)? If I got it wrong, nevermind then.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Should we have the bonbonandlyra tag nuked?

It feels redundant since we already have “Lyrabon” for shipping images with them, and it’d be easier to just search “Bon bon, lyra” on search to get images of the two together.
Damaged
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Word Bug
@undefined  
I particularly love how people have tagged all of them on images and never thought “Maybe there should only be one of these tags?”

Apparently it used to be even worse:  
full
Background Pony #3BE2
Can’t find the tag merging thread, posting it here. Please merge and delete:

unnamed yak, unnamed changeling, unnamed changedling, unnamed pony, unnamed hippogriff, unnamed griffon, unnamed kirin, unnamed dragon, unnamed human

to

unnamed character
Background Pony #3BE2
Because it doesn’t matter what species it is and it’s useless to have multiple tags for each species. Not to mention, each of those tags are just on a couple of pictures (with the exception of unnamed pony). Because not all characters are ponies, it maked sense to only have one tag for them all.

Also, and this is just my opinion, the tagging system should have as little unique tags as possible while making them as accurate as possible for most search queries since to me the point of tags in thr first place is not to describe the picture (you have a pair of eyes for that), it’s to make the picture searchable among the 2 million other pictures, and to make it filterable.

And lastly, I don’t think users should be able to create new tags as this makes the system vulnerable to grammar mistakes and useless tags (which there is a myriad of).
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Background Pony #4AE  
Your opinions are not facts nor are they universal. You should not kill tags you deem as useless, and THEN ask for them to be aliased when that cannot be done if you kill them preemptively. Regardless of if you are correct or not and we merge them, by killing the tags ahead of time, you just made everything harder.  
You should know by now to say things before taking upon tagging projects like that instead of saying them afterwards.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dragonpone  
\Hey, mind giving your thoughts on these two posts of mine?

@icey wicey 1517  
Should we have the bonbonandlyra tag nuked?
It feels redundant since we already have “Lyrabon” for shipping images with them, and it’d be easier to just search “Bon bon, lyra” on search to get images of the two together.
The pic is cover art for a fanfic over on FIMfiction, and the fanfic is tagged in a few shipping related groups, and the author of the pic is known for shipping pics.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide