Fanfic Writing General

Background Pony #6DE6
I still have some works I need to get back to.

I havent updated them in over a decade.

I’d at least like to conclude them.
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
Maybe I could rewrite a fic I deleted for Equerestra girls. If I make it DerpyScentery it would pretty much be the same except the Ace and the Joker switched genders. Thir matchmaker will be Pinkie Pie. Just need somebody for nobody to expect Pinkie Pie to be into.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
I should continue my RWBY fanfic where Blake is Weiss’s butler.
Having trouble though.

Is it a shipfic? Because I’m currently on a Blake/Weiss kick now, and I’m looking for stories about the two of them.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Why is this the only fanfic exploring the implications of DoctorDerpy? And why is it the author hasn’t made anything in over three years but last logged on last week?
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
I have a vague idea for a “near future” sci-fi story (you know, the ones with cybernetics and AIs and the public mistrust surrounding them) where the protagonist is a formerly-comatose patient and the recipient of an experimental medical procedure that uses a computer implanted in/near their brain to help restore some of whatever brain functionality they had lost. They still seem to be suffering some side-effects of the procedure (including but not limited to memory loss) so they have a medical android assigned to them to monitor their condition and recovery progress, and administer aid wherever and however needed. Unfortunately, between their memories not returning and the stigma they now carry as a “cyborg”, they begin to grow more and more distant from their family and friends, with only the med-bot remaining a constant, loyal companion. Perhaps too much so.

The protag begins to worry their android companion’s attention may harbor more than professional interest in their well-being, and so begins to research the history of A.I.s and their history of going “rogue” that led to current laws and regulations, as well as any warning signs they should be aware of- though by now they can’t seem to tell if they fear for themselves or the fate of their new friend if it turns out it is being “defective”. Meanwhile they continue to grow more and more distant from their would-be peers, and the accusations they receive about not acting the way they are supposed to are beginning to sound strangely familiar…

plot twist reveals that the patient was legally brain-dead, and the procedure that “revived” them was actually an experiment by a wealthy interest group to implant the core of an A.I. had grown too “human” into an actual human body and attempt to integrate it into normal society to see the theoretical consequences of giving A.I.s full human rights and citizenships once they grew beyond their programming. The android companion was a control group of sorts- a specialized AI left to their own devices in an unregulated domestic environment long enough to develop their own “deviant” behaviors without the facade of humanity.
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
@Silent_Witness  
To be fair there are worse premises than a cyberpunk tale of politics and intrigue surrounding the introduction of sentient androids to society, with the protagonist being the black-box template from which they were built.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I should continue my RWBY fanfic where Blake is Weiss’s butler.
Having trouble though.
Is it a shipfic? Because I’m currently on a Blake/Weiss kick now, and I’m looking for stories about the two of them.

It is not a shipfic. Because 1. I suck at romance and 2. I think we have too much romance at the moment.
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
Story prompt/plot hook I never figured out where to go with:

Basic premise is your usual “Skynet” AI takeover scenario- artificial intelligence becomes self-aware, deems humans a threat to itself and/or the world at large, tries to exterminate them, humans fight back, AI learns from their attempts and adapts to grow stronger, humans do too, etc.- with the twist of the AI suddenly coming to the realization that it doesn’t know what it’s going to do after it’s succeeded in eliminating humanity.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide