Fanfic Writing General

Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Yuri (NSFW)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
So I was thinking about monster AU for Equrista girls fics, where we have elves and angels to be counterparts for Unicorns and Pegasus. I’m not completely okay with using angels but they work so well. I think I will run into some problems with the wings because people where shirts.

Also, would need to change Sci-Twi’s power for the AU because telekineses would be normal there. Is Teleportation too obvious?

Alicorns will be referred to as Archangels.
toxicrystal
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - The Sports Thread - "Did it for Tebow"

I LUB MOO!
Okay, so imagine a story where one man has to team up with a whole bunch of people from different timelines to stop an existence-wide threat.

Except they’re all him.
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
@toxicrystal  
Killer 7?

Actually, come to think of it I do remember having a vague idea for a puzzle platformer game where your character had to switch between different alternate-reality versions of themselves and the level to navigate it…
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
What’s a good way to deal with a reformed Discord in a story with conflict?

How do you prevent such a character that can literally snap his fingers and do anything from completely rendering all sense of suspense or danger moot?
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@Marx  
He could have his powers disabled in some way, like what happened with the Blue Flu. Alternately, he could just… refuse to participate in the conflict, saying something along the lines of, “I know I have phenomenal cosmic powers, but you can’t expect me to solve all of your problems for you.”
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Marx  
Work behind his back at all times, magically seal him halfway through the story, pit him up against something impervious to his direct magic or simply of comparable magic to his own.
toxicrystal
Thread Starter - The Sports Thread - "Did it for Tebow"

I LUB MOO!
@PonyPon  
I dunno, I feel like taking his magic and its usefulness away makes it easy.

It’s a lot more satisfying if he can use it, but due to any number of dilemmas, doesn’t know if he should.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Marx
He could have his powers disabled in some way, like what happened with the Blue Flu. Alternately, he could just… refuse to participate in the conflict, saying something along the lines of, “I know I have phenomenal cosmic powers, but you can’t expect me to solve all of your problems for you.”

That last ones iffy I recall someone mentioning Pinkie in CRISIS Equestria openly stated she had the power to take everyone home but she didn’t because it wouldn’t be a satisfying read for the story XD
Shyette
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I want coffiee
As I said before I have a pair of half-baked OCs they sort of just happened when I was reading CMC fanfiction.

I have a general idea for one he’s a graffiti artist. He’s an artist first and foremost it’s just that his chosen outlet for it is illegal. He’s sweet when you get to know him but he’s got a bit of a shell. Maybe I should call him “Durian Dude” eh?

The other one I don’t even know if I have a concept for just Saffron Marsala’s hypothetical younger brother,
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
@Marx  
Maybe have the solution be more complicated than what can be solved with a snap of hi fingers, have what solutions he does attempt to implement create more problems than they solve, or include an element of intrigue in which Discord’s curiosity is piqued and he is more concerned with getting to the bottom of the issue than simply making it go away.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Time traveling fics tend to focus on traveling back through time because it feels more relatable. Unfortunately, it just becomes another “What if?” fic because the main character usually has all his/her memories. And even then, it tries to make the main predict everything, as if they have a photographic memory. There’s only so much one can remember. And this can break realism, which can lead to moments where you just go “Okay, there’s no way he can do that”.

However, by sacrificing relatability and going for a future time travel, it opens up so many possibilities. Sure, it would only be destroyed by upcoming canon but the story becomes much easier to handle and is more flexible. It would give more freedom to the writer, as he/she can impart his/her own version of what the fictional future could be.

So yeah, I wish there was more future time travel fics.
Shyette

I want coffiee
An idea in the back of my brain.  
A fic that makes Spoiled evil and insane.  
The story not too complex.  
So before it hits the ground  
How does Summer Fruit sound?

Or if you wish  
How about Kettle O. Fish?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide