Fanfic Writing General

warc9
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Ultimate Fan of Scoots
Scraped an idea about a water fight beacuse it would be too similar to The great Ponyville snowball war.

Now i’m thinking of a story about Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash having a great nightmare night and being a another side to Celestia and Luna’s spoopy bet

Only problem is, I have no idea what to do with them.

I have an ending in mind, I have costumes in mind, I even have a beginning in mind.

(this being the costumes, and the ending)

But I have no Idea what to do for there nightmare night.

Anyone want to pitch me some ideas?
Nyperold

Tickling Pony Bellies
This isn’t a suggestion for warc9’s story idea, but it did make me think.

I wonder if anyone’s done voice actor jokes for a Nightmare Night setting. Twilight Sparkle dressed up as another Tara Strong role in another show, same with Rarity and a Tabitha St. Germain role, Applejack & Rainbow Dash and Ashleigh Ball roles (ba dum tish), Pinkie Pie and an Andrea Libman role… and Fluttershy and an Emiri Katō role. (Kagami, for example.) Fluttershy might find she’s okay as long as she keeps clear of the scary events… and Rainbow keeps her scary pranks – and Luna keeps her acting as Nightmare Moon – away from her.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Man, my original story is constantly changing in terms of… Everything, really. Well, except for the characters. Those are still there but their roles are always changing.

Originally, I wanted main protagonist 1 (MP1) to be the hero as he grows his guild One Piece-style.

Then, I changed it by making him a really strong guy who just happens to grow his guild because people kept wanting to follow him.

Then, I changed MP1 with MP2, who is to be his first member and the whole story is from her perspective.

Afterwards, I made MP2 the student of MP1. This one lasted the longest.

And now, I scrapped most of that, leaving only MP2/MP1’s student-teacher relationship intact. Instead of a guild, MP2 is independent and is only working as an apprentice to MP1. This removes the whole guild interaction, in favor of new characters closer to MP2’s age and experience. They’re still there, but in the background.

Probably, I’m planning in making them somewhat secondary characters by messing with their ages. But it’s messing with a whole bunch of other stuff. It’s goddamn annoying.

sigh
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
After binging on HFY! threads I kinda wanna see a fic about a filly finding an old Everfree Beastiary in her grandmother’ attic and going on an adventure in the forest to see the creatures detailed inside for herself. The story would be narrated through a series of journal entries detailing her encounters with and observations on a fearsome creature the Beastiary has only a scant few details on: the Huntsman.
toxicrystal
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Thread Starter - The Sports Thread - "Did it for Tebow"

I LUB MOO!
So I had an idea that kinda stemmed from that one I talk about all the time on this thread.

So this group of friends find this… something. I’m tempted to say “game”, but that’s a cop-out and sounds a lot like SAO which I hate. I can’t say a virtual world because at that point I’m just ripping off my inspirations. For the sake of conversation, we’ll say “technology.”

So this group of friends find this technology that’s kinda like VR in the sense that you yourself are put into the (dare I say it) “game”. Everyone gets into these wide motion control chambers, and then the “game” starts. It seems to be set in famous cities around the world, and giant monsters come to attack. Everyone’s got a role based off some kinda class (archer, mage, paladin, warrior, the sort), and the pretty much fight giant monsters. When they get home, they see those same cities having been destroyed by something, but nobody can identify it. They all shrug it off and play more, finding more people for their squad across the world.

Eventually, one of them gets killed in-game. They all exit their chambers afterwards, and… they aren’t there. They watch the news that night, and their friend is shown as one of the casualties. This is no game. This is a very real thing they are playing around with, and it breaks them. They spend weeks not going near where they found the technology in fear of what might happen to them, but eventually, one of the other “players” (note: most of the other “players” knew about the reality of the technology) comes over to their side and begs them for their help again. They were the best team, and cities are getting overrun and weird things are happening.

I haven’t thought of endgame stuff, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
@toxicrystal  
So it’s more like the Star Trek-style “deconstruction” teleporter that reassembles you augmented with weapons and powers outside the chamber?

And now I picture activating these triggering henshin sequences too.
fobone

I’ve had some ideas rattling in my head for a long time, one of which was a sort of retelling of the pilot with the M6’s moms when they were younger and also Megan’s mother as a girl roughly around her age during the G1 special
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
@toxicrystal

Reminds of one of the biggest twists in Ender’s Game: the “war games” he and his classmates have been playing the whole time? They’re not games. They’re controlling and killing real people and aliens.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Ok after doing some more head shaking I’ve gotten a bit of a fix on my idea.  
Still gonna be AU and Crossover but here’s the kicker (kickers?)

I doubt anyway cares enough to ‘steal’ these ideas so without further ado.

Like I explained before there’s a mysterious energy resource.  
Equestria will still be the same save for the individuals that live there themselves due to the energy. Alternate universe would be how the energy slowly grew as the events of the show transpired causing some minor changes tot he world eventually.

Now the crossover part. Reasoning for travel between such worlds is due to the energy stated above.  
So I have the Them’s Fightin Herds world Foenum which blends well with mlp . Not worried about that.

Swords of Justice from Pokemon can fit right in since they’re all equine-like. But I don’t plan on referencing the Pokemon world itself.

Kid ICarus world I’m going to have is a mystical world that exists since it fits certain fantasy elements which I believe can work somewhat. Plus the human-like characters will be ponified.

I’ve read that having too many crossovers can lead to alienating readers that don’t know a lick about the franchise.  
I think Them’s Fightin Herds works since it’s essentially an original world that was created from mlp. The Swords of Justice will be merged in a way that they’re native of the mlp world so I doubt a lack of knowledge of Pokemon will be too problematic. The Kid Icarus world is the big elephant in room since there will be a bundle of characters from it that will effect the story.

As long as I avoid technical terms and give information for aspects non fans won’t understand would that be alright?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Marx  
Maybe? I’m not too fond of massive crossovers because it’s not easy to write. Not everyone knows the franchises and expecting them to know is a big no-no. Honestly, you should try to make it as natural as possible. Try twerking with the lore a bit so that it fits snuggly into Equestria.

Like, I read a One Piece and MLP crossover once and what the writer did was make Equestria into a giant island that has a magical field around it which turns anyone into a pony when entering. The only few people who know of the outside world are Celestia and Luna because both of them were once pirates. It sounds weird and yet, it fits nice and snug.
Agent Luna

I have an idea about if Nightmare Moon were the actual ruler of Equestria, picking up in the timeline when Twi went to the future in an alternate reality. Then eventually Nightmare Moon is reformed by love, maybe a ship-fic kind of story, and turns into Luna at some point. Since Tia’s on the Moon, maybe there could be another idea to bring her back to help reform Nightmare Moon, or something.

shrug (Dunno if it’s already made)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide